This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Sometimes I feel a little silly dedicating a whole blog post to an easy salad recipe like this one. But I am all for convenience and this recipe is no exception. All you need is a crisp, crunchy green for your base, your favorite vegetables and a dressing you enjoy to make a meal that's healthy and complete in just a few minutes. If I can recommend some good combinations to you that will help you achieve a healthy palette, I'm going to do it.
And let me tell you, this Jalapeño Ranch Taco Salad is just that! It's packed with vegetables, protein, and a zesty, creamy dressing. Read on to grab the recipe and see how you can customize it to your liking.
Jalapeño Ranch Taco Salad Ingredients
Ground Turkey: This tasty protein works well with a variety of seasonings, including this Tex-mex inspired mix.
Romaine Lettuce: Crispy and crunchy, this leaf is the perfect base for a satisfying salad.
Cherry Tomatoes: A quick, easy vegetable to eat diced or whole. I recommend you dice them for this recipe, but you can just toss them in.
Cucumber: Adds another layer of crunch.
Red Onion: The sharp flavor of a red onion pairs well with the soft, creamy textures of the avocado and ranch dressing included in this recipe.
Jalapeños: How could we have a taco salad without jalapeños?
Avocado: A great healthy fat with a nutty flavor.
Lime: We'll be using the zest. You'll be surprised how much tang it provides!
Ranch Dressing and Seasoning: The coolness of the ranch complements the spicy kick you'll get from other ingredients like the jalapeños and red onions.
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray: To help keep ingredients from sticking to your pan.
Equipment you'll need
How to make this Jalapeño Ranch Taco Salad
1. Prepare a non-stick pan over medium heat with olive oil or cooking spray.
2. Add ground turkey, diced jalapeños, diced red onion, and packet of ranch seasoning. Combine together until ground turkey is cooked.
3. While turkey cooks, dice the rest of your produce.
4. Pour romaine into a large salad bowl. Then, pour in diced produce and contents of pan.
5. Add your dressing and zest your lime over the salad. Toss. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Substitutions for Jalapeño Ranch Taco Salad
Salads are great because you can choose from so many ingredients and still make a satisfying, healthy meal.
Don't like jalapeños? Use bell pepper instead. Want more heat? Use habaneros or mix your favorite hot sauce into the ranch dressing.
Crush up some tortilla chips and sprinkle them on top to add another level of crunch to your salad.
Bulk this salad up with some carbohydrates by adding rice or quinoa.
Cilantro will also add freshness to this salad!
Jalapeño Ranch Taco Salad
- Non-stick pan
- Salad bowl
- Cutting Board
- Meat spatula
- Measuring Cups
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 medium sized avocado
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cucumbers
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced jalapeños
- 2 tsp olive oil
- zest from 1 lime
- jalapeño ranch dressing
- Prepare a non-stick pan over medium heat with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add ground turkey, diced jalapeños, diced red onion, and packet of ranch seasoning. Combine together until ground turkey is cooked.
- While turkey cooks, dice the rest of your produce.
- Pour romaine into a large salad bowl. Then, pour in diced produce and contents of pan.
- Add your dressing and zest your lime over the salad. Toss. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!