I mean this holiday sweet and salty treat is silly easy! Just a few ingredients to make these Pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M treats and everyone loves them!
Table of Contents
Easiest Christmas Treat Recipe
If you’re a simple, no-bake girlie, this is the holiday treat for you. Simple ingredients and take minimal kitchen skills to whip up. These easy treats are great to make with little helpers, too!
The sweet and salty combination of rich hershey kisses and salty pretzels with festive M&M candies on top is quite honestly addicting! They are a fun and unique addition to the traditional cookies included in your cookie exchange and they are a huge hit for holiday parties or neighbor gifts, too.
- M&M Candies: Use whichever colors fit the holiday you're closest, too. Red and green for Christmas, pink and red for valentine's day, green for St. Patrick's day, etc.
- Pretzels: You definitely want mini pretzels. I've found that square pretzels work best (I love Sandeers Butter Snaps), but the traditionally shaped mini twists work, too.
- Hershey's Kisses - Let the kiddos' little hands helping you do the unwrapping.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Chocolate: You can use any flavor kiss (I love the candy cane kisses, sugar cookie, or hot cocoa holiday varieties). You can also use Hershey hugs which are the kind with the white creme. If you're using white chocolate or the candy cane variety, make note that it melts at a slightly different rate than regular chocolate (regular meaning milk chocolate kisses or dark chocolate kisses) so I recommend doing these on a separate cookie tray.
- Pretzels: Instead of pretzels, try this same recipe with saltines (have you ever had Christmas crack?!) or with graham cracker squares or vanilla wafers for a sweeter treat.
- On Top: Instead of M&M’s put a nut on top like a pecan or walnut. Or try another flavor of M&M.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F. First place pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can arrange them pretty close to one another, they won't spread.
2. Place an unwrapped Hershey kiss on top of the pretzels (1 per pretzel).
3. Bake for 4-6 minutes in the 200 degree oven. When the chocolate is glossy throughout, remove the cookie tray from the oven and press an M&M candy on top of each pretzel kiss.
5. Let cool for ~30 minutes (I pop mine into the fridge for 15 minutes) until the chocolate is set and transfer to a ziplock bag or airtight container for storage.
- As soon as the chocolate starts to soften, take them out of the oven. Otherwise your chocolate will burn and become stiff, also known as chocolate seizing.
- Placing parchment paper on your baking sheet makes clean up so simple!
- Not all Hershey Kisses melt the same! As you can see in the photos, the Candy Cane Kisses melted significantly faster than the chocolate kisses.
I find these keep best stored on the counter top at room temperature. Let them cool completely (so the chocolate has hardened), then transfer to an airtight container for up to one week.
Who doesn’t love chilled chocolate!? These M&M Pretzel Treats can surely be frozen. Once they’re cooled, pile them into a gallon size freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. Although I assume they won’t last that long!
Do note, if you let them thaw, there may be some condensation build up and leave your chocolate ‘wet’ or the pretzel a little soggy. I recommend enjoying right from frozen if you are storing them in the freezer.
From my experience, the slightly melted chocolate will harden within 30 minutes of removing them from the oven. You can speed up the process by placing the entire sheet pan in your freezer if you have room.
Make more of these yummy treats! Or I also love to fill a mason jar with the remaining bags of candy to have little treats around the house to cure my sweet tooth during the holiday season.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M Bites
- Baking sheet
- 64 Hershey kisses
- 64 square pretzel snaps
- 64 m&m's
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- First place pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can arrange them pretty close to one another, they won't spread.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey kiss on top of the pretzels (1 per pretzel).
- Bake for 4-6 minutes in the 200 degree oven. KEY: To make sure the hershey kiss is melted enough so pressing the m&m is warm.
- When the chocolate is glossy throughout, remove the cookie tray from the oven and press an M&M candy on top of each pretzel kiss.
- Let cool for ~30 minutes (I pop mine into the fridge for 15 minutes) until the chocolate is set and transfer to a ziplock bag or airtight container for storage.
more of our favorite Cookie Recipes...
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies
- Lucky Charms Cookies
- Halloween Candy Cookies
- Kit Kat Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie
- Funfetti Cookie Recipe
- Easy Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
- Avalanche Cookies (No Bake)
- Christmas Shortbread Cookie
- Pretzel Cookies
- Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Hershey Pretzel M&M Bites calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!