You all went crazy for the Best Mediterranean Salad recipe. Now you can also enjoy it on the go in this Creamy Mediterranean Chicken Wrap! It's filled with creamy, homemade tzatziki sauce, deliciously seasoned chicken, tasty veggies, and more.
About this Wrap
My Best Mediterranean Salad has been a MAJOR hit with you guys—and I'm so glad you're loving it! So, I decided to make a wrap so we can all enjoy it on the go. 😉
This Mediterranean Chicken Wrap is packed with all of that amazing goodness, including deliciously seasoned chicken, hummus, cucumbers, pickles, delectably creamy tzatziki sauce, and more! Then it's all wrapped up! It tastes just like the salad that I've literally been eating for a year straight. Take my word for it—you're never going to get sick of it!
If you're looking for a fresh wrap to incorporate into your lunch rotation, give this one a try! It's so versatile so feel free to substitute any of the ingredients with ones that YOU like. I really think you're going to love it!
And if you're looking for more wraps to try, also check out this Oriental Chicken Wrap or this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap, which I think you'll love, too!
- Chicken Breast: I grilled my chicken breast because it's my favorite way to prepare chicken. Check out my Ninja Foodi Grilled Chicken recipe to learn how I do it!
- Veggies: This thing is packed with vegetables for a variety of colors and textures. I used onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, and spinach.
- Feta: A classic in Mediterranean cuisine.
- Hummus: A seriously underrated spread when it comes to sandwiches! People usually think hummus is for dipping, but it's next level on a wrap like this.
- Wrap: I used a Joesph’s Lavash Wrap, which I like because they're macro-friendly and nice and big to make rolling this sandwich up easier.
- Tzatziki Sauce: Adds an amazingly creamy element to this wrap! I made my own, but you can substitute Trader Joe's or Boars Head Greek Yogurt Tzatziki, too. If you are going to make your own, then you'll need Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, and pickles.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Start by preparing all of the ingredients. Check out my Ninja Foodi Grilled Chicken recipe for my favorite way to prepare chicken if you're starting with raw chicken breasts. Finely dice the produce. If you're making homemade tzatziki, just mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Spread hummus on a Lavash wrap to act as glue. Then, sprinkle on dill, onion, and feta. You want to keep everything toward the center of the wrap.
3. Slice chicken, then add strips to the center. Then spread with tzatziki, which will act as another layer of glue.
4. On top of the tzatziki, add cucumber, tomato, pickles, and lettuce. Then, wrap like a burrito and enjoy!
Don't store this for too long or the wrap will get soggy. It would be fine to make in the morning and keep in the refrigerator until lunch time, but I wouldn't store much longer than that.
If you want to make these wraps for meal prep, you could prep all of the filling ingredients in advance for quick assembly if desired.
I used a lavash wrap, which has great macros and I love because it's nice and big. And it's rectangular, which I find easier to wrap. You can also use a tortilla, however, I suggest something large and flexible so you can secure the fillings inside.
Tzatziki sauce is a fresh and creamy sauce made with a Greek yogurt base. It's then flavored with dill, garlic, cucumbers, lemon, salt, and pepper. It's absolutely delicious! For this recipe I made my own, but store bought is also an option!
If you like a LOADED wrap like I do, you may find it’s difficult to keep this Mediterranean Chicken Wrap as a hand held food! Here’s a few tips on keeping your wrap from falling apart:
- Keep your fillings in the center of the wrap. Also, try not to pile any individual section too high. The exception is the hummus. You can spread this across the entire wrap and it’ll act like glue to keep everything together.
- Heat your wrap for about 15 seconds in the microwave prior to filling. This will prevent it from cracking. This is helpful if you’re using a drier wrap. Joseph’s Lavash wraps are pretty flexible, however.
- Fold the ends inward to prevent your fillings from falling out of the top or bottom. Also, continue to “tuck” the wrap as you roll.
- Serve the wrap seam side down or use a toothpick to secure the outer edge.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Mediterranean Chicken Wrap
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- Rubber Spatula
- Skillet (to cook chicken if needed)
- 4 oz grilled chicken breast
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 Joesph’s lavash wrap
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp fat free feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp pickles, chopped
- ½ cup spinach, chopped (or lettuce)
- ¼ cup tzatziki sauce
For homemade tzatziki sauce:
- ¼ cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large sprig of dill, diced finely
- 1 tbsp diced pickles, or cucumbers
- This recipe assumes you already have your chicken prepared and cooked. If you need to cook your chicken, do that first. Then slice into thin strips.
- Dice red onion, pickles, and spinach (or lettuce). Thinly slice cucumber. Quarter tomatoes.
- If you're making homemade tzatziki, just mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread hummus on a Lavash wrap to act as glue. Then, sprinkle on dill, onion, and feta. You want to keep everything toward the center of the wrap.
- Add thin strips of chicken to the center. Then spread with tzatziki, which will act as another layer of glue.
- On top of the tzatziki, add cucumber, tomato, pickles, and lettuce. Then, wrap like a burrito and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Chicken Mediterranean Wrap calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Lily C says
I LOVED THIS WRAP! It was so fresh and the flavor combination was amazing!
Bennett S says
My wife made this wrap for me and it was delicious! I looked at the macros and holy protein. This wrap is now on regular circulation in our house.
Sydney Van Acker says
One of my favorite high school lunches from the cafeteria was greek salad flatbread and this reminded me EXACTLY of it. I even put mine on the skillet to warm it a bit and it was absolutely amazing
Courtney Paige says
I eat this wrap for lunch almost daily - either in wrap or salad form. Either way, it's a winner and TASTY!