This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Brussels sprouts have a reputation they don’t deserve. Many people think they are this smelly, mushy vegetable that should be avoided at all costs, but that’s just not the truth. And these Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are the proof.
Baked until crunchy and covered in parmesan cheese and bread crumbs—this is how we celebrate the magnificent brussels sprout! Enjoy this side with protein like chicken cutlets, salmon, or burgers. If you don’t eat meat, serve these with rice or quinoa. They’re an out of this world way to ensure you get in a serving of vegetables to help fuel your body during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for these Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts: Don’t knock this veggie. I know they have a reputation to illicit a yucky face, but it’s all in how you cook them! You need to highlight every veggie’s strengths—and this recipe does just that.
Panko Crumbs: These will enhance the texture of our sprouts. Plus, breaded anything tastes good.
Grated Parmesan: Cheesy, salty, nutty…what a staple. This makes our brussels sprouts taste out of this world.
Salt: in this case, I say the more the better. Start with a few pinches though and add to taste.
Pepper: To taste!
Olive Oil/Cooking Spray: To help keep our sprouts from burning and sticking.
Equipment needed for this recipe
How to make Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash and dry brussels sprouts. Cut into quarters.
3. In a small bowl, fold together panko crumbs, parmesan, and seasoning.
4. Line a sheet pan with tin foil / parchment paper.
5. Coat brussels sprouts with olive oil or cooking spray.
6. Pour dry mixture onto the brussels sprouts.
7. Toss on the pan until evenly coated.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until brussels sprouts are nice and crispy!
Add to these Brussels Sprouts
There are so many ways you can take this recipe up a notch. Add toasted pine seeds, balsamic glaze, honey.
Make a little vegetable salad by throwing in some broccoli or bell peppers!
Other meal prep staples
Check out some of my other meal prep staple recipes:
Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- sheet pan
- Cutting Board
- Small mixing bowl
- Tin foil or parchment paper
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, washed and quartered
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- t tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and dry brussels sprouts. Cut into quarters.
- In a small bowl, fold together panko crumbs, parmesan, and seasoning.
- Line a sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Coat brussels sprouts with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Pour dry mixture onto brussels sprouts.
- Toss on the pan until evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until brussels sprouts are nice and crispy.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Crispy Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
1 serving: 8 grams Carbs | 4 grams Fat | 3 grams Protein
NOTE: the nutrition label below is auto-generated and often does not include specific brands or types of ingredients. Example: fat free milk vs. whole milk, chicken breast vs. chicken thigh, etc.
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.