Combine creamy cottage cheese with a flavorful blend of ranch seasoning to create a delicious and nutritious Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip. This savory dip pairs perfectly with fresh veggies or crunchy chips for a satisfying and wholesome snack.
Table of Contents
Creamy Ranch Dip Recipe
It’s no secret that cottage cheese has gone absolutely VIRAL over the past year. From baked goods to milkshakes to savory sauces and lasagna filling. I hope you’re on team cottage cheese can do no harm, because if so, you’re going to obsess over this dip!
This whipped cottage cheese dip is super easy to make with just a couple of simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes. The base of the ranch dressing is, well you guessed it, cottage cheese making it a super high protein version of the classic ranch dressing.
I love this creamy dip as an easy appetizer for parties or holidays because it is a true crowd pleaser, but it’s also a great option for meal prep to have on hand for snacking on with fresh vegetables throughout the week!
- Cottage Cheese - I used a Good Culture container of cottage cheese, 2% milk-fa. A great source of protein and blended up, it makes the perfect base for our healthy ranch dip.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix - You can find dry ranch mix usually in the same aisle as the salad dressings at the grocery store.
OR make your own ranch seasoning with...
- Dried Herbs - Extra dried dill and dried parsley.
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder - A little extra of these two savory seasonings make this a super flavorful dip given the other ingredients have a fairly mild flavor.
- Salt & Black Pepper
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- To make a great dip with a more tangy flavor, instead of cottage cheese, you can also make this dip with Greek Yogurt! Or you can do half greek yogurt half cottage cheese. Sour cream works, too!
- Want it brighter? Use some fresh herbs (specifically fresh dill takes it up a notch) and a squeeze of lemon juice, lime juice, or even pickle juice.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a high speed food processor, add the cottage cheese and ranch seasoning. **Note: if you made your own ranch seasoning, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl before adding to the food processor.
2. Blend for 45-75 seconds until the cottage cheese is completely smooth.
3. Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh dill sprigs. Serve with fresh vegetables like cucumbers, carrot sticks, red pepper slices, and pretzels. Enjoy!
- Put your dip right back in the cottage cheese container for convenient storage.
- In order to blend cottage cheese perfectly, you need to use enough. This recipe calls for 16oz. If you’re using a large blender, you may need to double the recipe so the blade can reach the cottage cheese.
Why we love Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese obviously makes a fantastic creamy base to our dip, but it holds a handful of other benefits, too!
- High protein content (even full fat cottage cheese has almost triple the g protein compared to the fat content).
- Essential nutrients including calcium and phosphorus contributing to good bone health.
- The curdling process employed in the production of cottage cheese introduces beneficial bacteria that support improved gut health.
- Source: Cleveland Clinic
Store your cottage cheese ranch in an airtight container in the fridge. I recommend using with in one week, but it is safe to keep until the expiration date on your cottage cheese container.
If you prefer a more textured dip, you surely can skip the blending. Simply mix the cottage cheese with all of the spices and you’re good to go!
This recipe definitely makes more of a dip with a thick texture. If you prefer it thinner, more like salad dressing, add a little milk or water in the blender and blend again. Do this in small increments of only one teaspoon at a time.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip
- Blender or food processor
- Rubber spatula or spoon
- 1 container cottage cheese (16 oz), I used Good Culture, 2% milk fat
- 1 packet ranch seasoning, or homemade below
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- ½ tbsp dried dill
- ½ tbsp dried parsley
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- carrot sticks
- red bell pepper
- celery sticks
- potato chips
- If you're making homemade ranch seasoning, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl first.
- In a high speed food processor, add the cottage cheese and ranch seasoning.
- Blend for 45-75 seconds until the cottage cheese is completely smooth. Halfway through, stop the food processor and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula if needed.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
- Serve with fresh vegetables like cucumbers, carrot sticks, red pepper slices, and pretzels. Enjoy!
more of our favorite Dip Recipes...
- Cottage Cheese Chip Dip
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Cream Cheese Garlic Dip
- Avocado Crack Dip
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Street Corn Feta Dip
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Cottage Cheese Ranch Dip calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!