It’s not a party without chip dip! Next time you're hosting, you’ve got to try this creamy Cottage Cheese Chip Dip. Hints of dill and ranch flavoring, it's outright delicious.
About this Dip
There's no doubt that classic Dean’s French Onion Chip Dip is a fan favorite. This Cottage Cheese Chip Dip reminds me a lot of it, but even better because it’s thicker and richer.
The protein packed cottage cheese makes it more satisfying and adding fresh dill really takes it up a notch. Plus, it's super simple to make and comes together in just 5 minutes.
It’s the perfect dip to serve at parties, tailgates, or holiday gatherings. As a classic chip dip, it goes great with potato chips, but also with raw veggies like carrots and celery, or your favorite pretzel or cracker, too!
And if you're all about the dips, you should also try this Whipped Feta Dip, this Avocado Crack Dip, Roasted Beet Dip, or this Dill Feta Dip.
- Fat Free Cottage Cheese - If you use cottage cheese that isn’t fat free, it’ll still be delicious, but likely a little thinner of a dip.
- Lite Mayo - To emphasize the creaminess.
- Fresh Dill - Fresh and bright. A classic addition to chip dip.
- Ranch Seasoning or Green Onion Seasoning - Seasoning packets are a simple way to add so much flavor.
- Lemon - A little citrus is a nice contrast to the creaminess of this recipe.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
2. Pulse for 40-60 seconds or until cottage cheese is completely whipped.
3. Garnish with sea salt and fresh dill.
4. Serve with fresh carrots, kettle chips, celery sticks, or pretzels. Enjoy!
Because this recipe uses the full container of Cottage Cheese, you can put the dip back into the tub for easy storage! It’ll stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes, but you may need to double the recipe. It’s likely your dip ingredients will get pushed toward the sides of the blender so the blades will not be able to reach. Doubling the recipe will put more substance in the blender and allow for better blending.
Chips of course! Well actually, although Lay’s potato chips do taste fabulous in this chip dip you’ve got plenty of other options. I like it with carrots, celery sticks, fresh bell peppers, cucumbers, pretzels, or crackers. Simple Mill’s crackers go great in this dip.
I also like to spread the Cottage Cheese Chip Dip on sandwiches or wraps in place of condiments and/or cheese.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Cottage Cheese Chip Dip
- Food Processor
- Rubber Spatula
- Handheld juicer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 cups fat free cottage cheese, (1 tub)
- 2 tbsp lite mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- ½ package ranch seasoning
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- carrots, celery, popcorners, chips, etc., for serving
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse for 40-60 seconds or until cottage cheese is completely whipped.
- Garnish with sea salt and fresh dill.
- Serve with fresh carrots, kettle chips, celery sticks, or pretzels!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find COTTAGE CHEESE CHIP DIP calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Courtney Paige says
It's as simple as it sounds and so delicious! Cottage cheese chip dip, YUM!!!
Sydney Van Acker says
courtney really knows how to work a packet of ranch seasoning. it NEVER fails to make an amazing dish. this is an ADDICTING DIP
Rose J says
I don't have a food processor, so I had to use the pulse setting on my blender and it worked perfectly! This dip is delicious!
Soooooooo good, so easy to make and healthy but feels like such a treat. Don't think I'll ever purchase store bought dip again.
Samantha Hawke says
Perfect for a crowd and a healthier version of dip! Soooo simple to whip together!
Made this on vacation and served it with fresh veggies and pretzel crisps. Everyone loved it! Appreciate a dip so high in protein.