This creamy Sweet Potato Fettuccine recipe is so savory, cheesy, and cozy. Made with healthy sweet potatoes and a delicious homemade sauce, it's perfect to enjoy as a fun fall or holiday dish.
Table of Contents
About this Fettuccine
Sweet potato pasta? Yes, it's a thing and it's absolutely delicious! And here's why you'll love it:
Just a few main ingredients. Sweet potato noodles, veggies, cheese, cream, and just a few more ingredients are all you need to bring this pasta recipe together.
It's truly comforting. Hearty ingredients and a homemade sauce make this Sweet Potato Fettuccine extra cozy. And it'll make your kitchen smell incredibly tasty.
You can customize it! Don't like one of the ingredients? No problem. Switch out the sun dried tomatoes or spinach for another vegetable you like. Not a fan of goat cheese? Try feta or just stick with the parmesan. Mozzarella would also taste great.
Unique and healthy! Have you ever cooked with sweet potato noodles before? If not, don't be afraid. They're honestly delicious and full of important health benefits. I share more on that below!
Enjoy the cozy flavors Sweet Potato Fettuccine as the fall continues or bring it to a holiday party. It's warm, savory, and truly comforting. Or if you're looking for more cozy, fall dishes also try this Healthy Skillet Shepherd's Pie Pasta, this Harvest Chicken Casserole, or this Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup that I know you'll love, too!
- Sweet Potato Noodles: I used MANN Food brand which I found in the refrigerated produce section of the grocery store.
- Veggies: This recipe includes garlic, onion, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach which come together nicely in this dish.
- Goat Cheese: When warmed, it will get all melty and provide an incredible, creamy texture.
- White Wine: I used a Chardonnay, but cooking wine or whatever you have on hand will work great.
- Heavy Cream: Makes our sauce super rich and creamy. You could also substitute coconut cream.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1: Cook the sweet potato pasta according to the bag instructions. I used the 3 minute microwave method for convenience.
Step 2: Heat a skillet to medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter. Then, add garlic, red onion, and sun dried tomatoes. Sauté for 4-6 minutes.
Add in goat cheese, white wine and heavy cream. Whisk together until the cheese is completely melted. Then, add in parmesan cheese and let it melt. Pour in lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt + pepper. Whisk again and then pour sauce over noodles.
Step 3: Plate and top with freshly crumbled goat cheese, shaved parmesan, fresh parsley and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
When you cook with wine, its flavor becomes more concentrated as the alcohol cooks out, bringing different profiles to the dish. If you use a dry wine, it will add savory flavor. If you use a sweet wine, it'll add sweetness. The acidity in the wine also helps delicate ingredients maintain their texture and prevents them from drying out. Plus, it doesn't hurt to enjoy a glass on the side while you cook!
Sweet potatoes are chock full of health benefits, making them a food you'll want to consider in your diet regularly.
First off, sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber. Ideally, you want to eat 25-30 grams of fiber per day to keep your digestive system on track and maintain gut health. One cup of sweet potato has about 4 grams of fiber.
Packed with antioxidants, sweet potatoes also have cancer-fighting properties.
These orange potatoes also support healthy vision, brain function, and your immune system. Source: Healthline
Store in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave for ~60 seconds before enjoying!
It’s important to continually whisk the sauce. It helps ensure the ingredients are mixed well and prevents burning.
If your sauce is a little watery, add some flour or corn starch to thicken it up. This'll also help it stick to the noodles.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Sweet Potato Fettuccine
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- 1 bag sweet potato noodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz soft goat cheese
- ½ cup Chardonnay, or any white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream, or coconut cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- goat cheese, crumbled
- parmesan flakes, shaved
- fresh parsley
- cracked pepper
- Cook the sweet potato pasta according to the bag instructions. I used the 3 minute microwave method for convenience.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter. Then, add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, ¼ cup diced red onion, and ½ cup diced sun dried tomatoes. Sautee for 4-6 minutes.
- Add in 8 ounces of soft goat cheese with ½ cup of white wine and ½ cup of heavy cream. Whisk together until the cheese is completely melted. Then, add in ½ cup of parmesan cheese and let it melt.
- Next, let's season the sauce. Pour in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ½ tsp italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt + pepper. Whisk again.
- Stir in cooked sweet potato fettuccine noodles and ½ cup chopped spinach.
- Plate and top with freshly crumbled goat cheese, shaved parmesan, fresh parsley and cracked pepper.
- Enjoy hot and with a crisp glass of Sauvignon blanc if desired.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!