This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Let's try something new for Taco Tuesday! These Skinny Turkey Enchiladas have all of your favorite taco flavors and are finished off with the same toppings you love, but they're rolled up and baked all together in the oven for only 25 minutes. I love stuffing tacos, but sometimes it's nice to just scoop food out of a casserole dish, plop them on my plate, and enjoy.
Plus, you can wrap the dish you bake them in with aluminum foil or saran wrap and put it in the fridge to store your leftovers. Easy peasy.
This recipe features several fat-free and low-carb ingredients, making this a macro-friendly dish. But if you want to use the regular versions, feel free! Your enchiladas will be just as scrumptious.
Ingredients for Skinny Turkey Enchiladas
Ground Turkey: You could use another protein like ground beef or shredded chicken as well.
Cooking Spray: To help prevent our ingredients from sticking while we cook.
Fajita Seasoning: You should be able to find this pre-packaged at the grocery store. If not, fajita seasoning is super easy to make with what you already have at home.
Fresh Spinach: A great way to incorporate some greens.
White Onion: These are slightly sweeter than other types of onions.
Green Onion: And these have more of a sharp, earthy flavor.
Fat-free Greek Yogurt: This will serve as one of the bases for our enchilada sauce. You can also use 2% greek yogurt if you'd like.
Fat-free Sour Cream: Also a base for our enchilada sauce.
All Purpose Flour: To help thicken our sauce.
Unsweetened Almond Milk: To help combine the yogurt, sour cream, and flour and make our sauce smooth.
Flour Tortillas: I use the "Cut Da Carb" ones from Trader Joes but any soft, flour tortilla will work.
Cheddar Cheese: One of the most important ingredients. Gotta have cheese with your enchiladas!
Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese: We love it!
Elote Seasoning: I buy mine from Trader Joe’s.
Salsa Verde: To top off our Skinny Turkey Enchiladas and for dipping.
Avocado: A great source of healthy fat!
Tomato: A Taco Tuesday staple. Unless you don't like them! Then, leave them out.
Sriracha: For a little kick!
Equipment for Skinny Turkey Enchiladas
Let's make Skinny Turkey Enchiladas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Chop the spinach and onions.
3. Heat your non-stick pan with a little cooking spray over medium heat and cook ground turkey, spinach, and onions. Add in fajita seasoning mix.
4. In a bowl, mix sour cream, yogurt, flour, almond milk, green onion and elote seasoning to make a sauce. Set half aside to use as topping. Add ground turkey and vegetable mixture to the sauce.
5. Spoon mix on tortillas and roll them seam down into an ungreased casserole dish.
6. Spoon the rest of your sauce over tortillas.
7. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
8. When 5 minutes remain, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for remaining time.
9. Remove from oven and garnish with tomato, salsa verde, sriracha, and fresh avocado.
Skinny Turkey Enchiladas
- Non-stick pan
- Casserole dish
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking sheet
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 oz fat-free sour cream
- 8 low-carb flour tortillas
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup fat-free greek yogurt
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp elote seasoning
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- 1 avocado
- cheese, as you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the spinach and onions.
- Heat your non-stick pan with a little cooking spray over medium heat and cook ground turkey, spinach, and onions. Add in fajita seasoning mix.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, yogurt, flour, almond milk, green onion and elote seasoning to make a sauce. Set half aside to use as topping. Add ground turkey and vegetable mixture to the sauce.
- Spoon mix on tortillas and roll them seam down into an ungreased casserole dish.
- Spoon the rest of your sauce over tortillas.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- When 5 minutes remain, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for remaining time.
- Remove from oven and garnish with tomato, salsa verde, sriracha, and fresh avocado.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!