This Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad is full of different textures, fresh veggies and plenty of protein. It is a great balance of sweet and earthy, smoky flavor, and tossed in a Greek yogurt creamyLICIOUS dressing you're going to love.
Table of Contents
About this Salad
Salads are a delicious part of any meal, but we should change them up every now and then so they don't feel too boring! This Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad swaps leafy greens for raw broccoli florets, which not only provide a different flavor, but a different texture as well.
Paired with other smoky and spicy flavors like crunchy bacon bits and diced red onion, this broccoli salad introduces some EXPLOSIVE flavor profiles! Sweeter ingredients in the dressing like balsamic vinegar and a touch of sugar balance those earthy flavors out, resulting in a deliciously crunchy salad.
PLUS, it's packed with veggies and protein, making a well-rounded addition to your next meal! Skip your garden or Caesar salad, and give this Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad a try!
- Broccoli: Raw broccoli has such a great crunchy texture and earthy flavor! Using it as the base of a salad is a way to shake things up and bring some more variety into your diet. The smaller you chop it, the better for this recipe.
- Bacon: Who doesn't love bacon??? I like mine super crispy and love the smoky, edgy flavor it brings.
- Shredded Cheese: Cheese levels up any salad! I like sharp cheddar for this recipe
- Red Onion: For even more crunch and a little bitterness. You'll want it finely diced so you don't have any one bite with a ton of pungent onion flavor.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: This is a great, healthy base for creamy salad dressings. Yogurt is a great source of protein and mixes well with other flavors to make all sorts of dressings with a bit of tang, too.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
One of the best things about salads is that they are so customizable. You can add whatever you want to help meet your nutrition goals and/or cravings!
To take this Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad up a notch, try adding some of these delicious extras:
- Add your favorite protein. Grilled or crispy chicken strips or slices of steak would make this salad more filling!
- Throw in some nuts or dried fruit! Walnuts, cashews, or dried cranberries would be amazing flavors and textures to add.
- Use a different dressing. I'd recommend sticking with a creamy one like Caesar or Thousand Island.
- Chop up some more veggies. Bell peppers and tomatoes would taste great in this Healthy Broccoli Salad. Cucumbers, too!
How to Make This Recipe
1. Cook and chop bacon to your liking. I love baking it at 400F for 15-18 minutes OR dicing it up finely and cooking over medium high heat on the stove. TIP: Save a teaspoon or so of bacon grease to add to your dressing!
2. Wash and chop your produce. I love using a vegetable chopper for dicing onions finely. Shred cheddar cheese if not already pre-shredded. Dice the broccoli to your liking.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, cane sugar, and mustard. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add a pinch of pepper or salt if desired.
4. Add the broccoli, bacon, red onion, cheddar cheese, and nuts into the bowl. Stir together.
5. Stir greek yogurt broccoli salad together!
6. Garish the salad (if desired) & enjoy!
Since there isn't any lettuce in this salad, it holds up great for meal prep. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
The best way to not completely make a mess of your broccoli head is to cut at the stems. You can get as close to the top of the broccoli as you need to, but keep your knife on the stalk portion to avoid getting tiny rice-like shreds all over the place.
Absolutely! Leave out the bacon, and I suggest adding another texture element for a little bit of crunch. These BBQ Pistachios would be a great option to still get that smokey flavor.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Greek Yogurt Broccoli Salad
- Skillet or sheet pan
- 2 small mixing bowls
- Cutting Board
For the salad
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ package turkey bacon, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds & dried cranberry mixture
For the dressing
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- cracked pepper
- Cook and chop bacon to your liking. I love baking it at 400°F for 15-18 minutes OR dicing it up finely and cooking over medium high heat on the stove.
- Wash and chop your produce. Dice the red onion finely. I use this vegetable chopper. Shred cheddar cheese if not already pre-shredded. Cut broccoli into small florets.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, cane sugar, and mustard. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add a pinch of pepper or salt if desired.
- Put all chopped ingredients into a large mixing bowl on top of the dressing and mix together.
- Garnish with fresh ingredients and serve or store in the fridge until ready to eat!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find GREEK YOGURT BROCCOLI SALADE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!