Lemon, lime, and mint? The most refreshing flavors of the summer! And you get them all in this delicious and easy to make Skinny Lemonade Mojito.
Table of Contents
About this Cocktail
What's your favorite summertime cocktail? Margaritas, sangria, martinis, mules...there are so many to choose from! I can't pick a favorite, but an ice cold, refreshing lemonade mojito is definitely up there. It's the perfect combination of sweet and sour, and the fresh, bright flavor of the mint leaves is so invigorating in the hot sun!
This Lemonade Mojito only requires 6 ingredients, and the white rum is so light that it won't make you feel dehydrated, sluggish, or give you a headache after enjoying a few. Flavors of lemon, lime, and mint come together and work their magic for the perfect summer drink!
Mojitos aren't hard to make. My best tip is to just keep them simple! And once you learn how to perfect them, they'll become the go-to drink your friends ask for all summer long.
And if you're looking for more fun summer drinks, also try this Caribbean Rum Punch Spritzer, this Rosé Aperol Spritz, this Bahama Mama Cocktail, these Green Tea Shots or this Strawberry Mango Daiquiri that I know you'll love, too!
- Mint Leaves: Adds such a bright, fresh flavor! It's the shining star of a refreshing mojito.
- Limes or Lemons: Citrus makes a good cocktail great! I love the hint of sourness a lemon or lime brings. Use whichever flavor you prefer.
- Stevia: A hint of extra sweetness never hurt anybody! 🙂 You could also use cane sugar, simple syrup, or mint syrup.
- White Rum: This is the liquor used in a traditional mojito recipe. It has a light and sweet flavor. But you can customize this cocktail with whatever liquor you prefer. Vodka or tequila, anyone?
- Lemonade: Such a classic summertime drink! It adds great flavor, sweetness, and freshness. I used Simply Light Lemonade.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
Want to make your Lemonade Mojito a little bubbly? Use 1 part lemonade and 1 part club soda as your mixer. I've also made this drink with MIO Lemonade and it tastes fantastic!
Have some other fresh fruit laying around? Toss in a few raspberries, blueberries, or even pomegranate seeds to add some additional flavor.
Feel free to use whatever liquor you prefer or have on hand in this drink recipe. I just recommend you use a clear one to keep it nice and light. Vodka and tequila are other great options.
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1. Wash mint leaves and pat dry. Wash fresh limes or lemons and slice in half.
Step 2. Add about 10 mint leaves into your glass. Then, add juice of 1 lemon or lime (approximately 2 oz).
Step 3. Use a muddler to crush the mint leaves with the lemon/lime juice. This will release the flavors into the lime or lemon juice. Once mint is muddled, add stevia. (Or cane sugar, simple syrup, mint syrup.) Stir until dissolved.
Step 4. Add about ½ cup of ice to your glass glass and pour in 2 oz of white rum (or your choice of liquor.)
Step 5. Top the glass with equal parts of Simply Light Lemonade and lemon club soda. Stir and enjoy!
You can store this cocktail in the fridge for one day prior to serving. If you keep it any longer, the mint will wilt and won't look fresh. If you're making this for a party or group, you can add mint syrup instead of fresh muddled mint and use the fresh mint for garnish only.
Traditional mojitos use rum, but you don't have to use that! The base of this cocktail is fairly neutral and goes with most liquors. Vodka, gin, or tequila are other great options as well.
Absolutely! This would be a great pitcher cocktail to serve at a party for individuals to serve themselves. Just muddle a whole bunch of mint and multiply the remaining ingredient amounts by however many servings you wish and add to a pitcher for the whole crowd to enjoy.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
- Cocktail glass
- Cocktail measuring cup
- Cocktail stirrer
- Handheld juicer
- Cutting Board
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 oz lemon or lime juice
- ½ packet stevia, or 2 squirts liquid stevia
- 2 oz white rum
- 6 oz Simply Light Lemonade
- 6 oz lemon club soda
- ½ cup ice
- Wash mint leaves and pat dry. Wash lime or lemon and slice in half.
- Add about 10 mint leaves into your glass. Then, add juice of 1 lemon or lime (approximately 2 oz).
- Use a muddler to crush the mint leaves with the lemon/lime juice. This will release the flavors into the lime or lemon juice. Once mint is muddled, add stevia. (Or cane sugar, simple syrup, mint syrup.) Stir until dissolved.
- Add about ½ cup of ice to your glass glass and pour in 2 oz of white rum (or your choice of liquor.)
- Top the glass with 8 oz (1 cup) of Simply Light Lemonade. Stir and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find SKINNY LEMONADE MOJITO calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!