This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
What’s your favorite summertime cocktail? Margaritas, sangria, martinis, mules…there are so many to choose from! Mine’s an ice cold, refreshing lemonade mojito. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and sour, and the fresh, bright flavor of the mint leaves is so invigorating in the hot sun!
This Skinny Lemonade Mojito only requires 6 ingredients, and the white rum is so light that it won’t make you feel dehydrated, sluggish, or give you a headache after enjoying a few. Flavors of lemon, lime, and mint come together and work their magic for the perfect summer drink!
Mojitos aren’t hard to make. My best tip is to just keep them simple! And once you learn how to perfect them, they’ll become the go-to drink your friends ask for all summer long.
NOTE: This recipe makes 2 Skinny Lemonade Mojitos. Enjoy one with a friend or save the other for later! If you want to make one, you’ll need to halve the amounts listed on the recipe card at the end of this post.
Skinny Lemonade Mojito Ingredients
Mint Leaves: Adds such a bright, fresh flavor! It’s the shining star of a refreshing mojito.
Limes or Lemons: Citrus makes a good cocktail great! I love the hint of sourness a lemon or lime brings. Use whichever flavor you prefer.
Stevia: A hint of extra sweetness never hurt anybody! 🙂 You could also use cane sugar, simple syrup, or mint syrup.
White Rum: This is the liquor used in a traditional mojito recipe. It has a light and sweet flavor. But you can customize this cocktail with whatever liquor you prefer. Vodka or tequila, anyone?
Lemonade: Such a classic summertime drink! It adds great flavor, sweetness, and freshness. I used Simply Light Lemonade.
Ice: To keep our mojito nice and cold!
How to make a Skinny Lemonade Mojito
NOTE: This recipe makes 2 mojitos.
1. Wash mint leaves and pat dry.
2. Wash fresh limes or lemons. Cut in half.
3. Add about 10 mint leaves in each glass. Then, add juice of 1 lemon or lime (approximately 2 oz) evenly in each glass.
4. Using a muddler, firmly press mint leaves. This will release the flavors into the lime or lemon juice. Once mint is muddled, add stevia. (Or cane sugar, simple syrup, mint syrup.) Stir until dissolved.
5. Add about ½ cup of ice to each glass.
6. Pour in 2 oz of white rum. (Or your choice of liquor.)
7. Top each glass with 8 oz of Simply Light Lemonade. (You can also use ½ club soda and ½ light lemonade OR club soda and a generous squirt of MIO Lemonade.)
8. Stir and enjoy!
Skinny Lemonade Mojito Substitutions
Want to make your Skinny Lemonade Mojito a little bubbly? Use 1 part lemonade and 1 part club soda as your mixer. I’ve also made this drink with MIO Lemonade and it tastes fantastic!
Have some other fresh fruit laying around? Toss in a few raspberries, blueberries, or even pomegranate seeds to add some additional flavor.
Feel free to use whatever liquor you prefer or have on hand in this drink recipe. I just recommend you use a clear one to keep it nice and light. Vodka and tequila are other great options.
Looking for more fun summer drinks? Try my Spicy Orange and Jalapeño Margarita!
Skinny Lemonade Mojito
- Cocktail glass
- Cocktail measuring cup
- Cocktail stirrer
- Handheld juicer
- Cutting Board
- 20 mint leaves
- 16 oz Simply Light Lemonade
- 4 oz white rum
- 2 oz lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1 packet stevia
- Wash mint leaves and pat dry.
- Wash fresh limes or lemons. Cut in half.
- Add about 10 mint leaves in each glass. Then, add juice of 1 lemon or lime (about 2 oz) evenly in each glass.
- Using a muddler, firmly press mint leaves. This will release the flavors into the lime or lemon juice. Once mint is muddled, add stevia. (Or cane sugar, simple syrup, mint syrup.) Stir until dissolved.
- Add about ½ cup of ice to each glass.
- Pour in 2 oz of white rum in each glass. (Or your choice of liquor.)
- Top each glass with 8 oz of Simply Light Lemonade. (You can also use ½ club soda and ½ light lemonade OR club soda and a generous squirt of MIO Lemonade.)
- Stir and enjoy!
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!