This delicious superfood Strawberry Quinoa Salad is perfect for your lunch rotation. It's packed with fresh and vibrant fruit, creamy feta cheese and avocado, and can be topped with your favorite dressing!
Table of Contents
About this Salad
I will always be impressed by the power of WHOLE FOODS! I love the way they make me feel—and the incredible flavor they bring to any dish. The freshness, the crispiness, and the crunch are just so lovely and taste so good!
This Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese is the epitome of a whole food AND superfood salad. Strawberries are full of antioxidants and are a good source of magnesium and potassium. Quinoa is packed with fiber and protein and supports your cholesterol and blood sugar. And don't get me started with feta cheese. It's a delicious healthy fat that's full of calcium to support healthy teeth and bones.
Make this salad perfect for the spring, summer, or even fall by swapping with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Watermelon for summer or apples for all would taste absolutely wonderful!
And if you're looking for more fresh and fruity salad recipes, also check out this Watermelon Mint Feta Salad, this Peach Burrata Salad, or this Blueberry Cucumber Salad that I think you'll love, too! Or if you want a more savory quinoa salad, try this Italian Quinoa Salad or this Quinoa Edamame Salad.
- Quinoa: I used a microwavable bag of quinoa for convenience. You can cook your own, too. You'll need about 3 cups total, cooked. You could also try a different grain like brown rice, couscous, or jasmine rice if you don't have quinoa on hand.
- Strawberries: Fresh, red, and beautiful, they taste so yummy!
- Veggies: This recipe includes cucumber, onion, and avocado for a variety of flavors and textures.
- Cheese: I chose feta because I LOVE it, and think it goes super well with this salad, but goat or parmesan I think would be tasty, too.
- Dressing: Choose your favorite here! I love this Pear Vinaigrette.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooled, add to a large salad bowl.
2. Wash produce. Then, dice red onion, cucumber, strawberries, and avocado. Add to a salad bowl along with feta cheese.
3. Toss with dressing of choice. Enjoy!
I've messed up quinoa so many times and know how tricky it is to prepare. Over time, I've learned that the key to fluffy quinoa is using double the amount of water as quinoa.
Then, cook uncovered until all the water has been absorbed. Depending on how much quinoa you used, the cooking time will vary.
After the water is absorbed, take the quinoa off the heat, put a lid on the pot, and let it steam for a few minutes. The finished product will be a perfectly fluffy grain!
Add a protein like grilled chicken, steak or even fried tempeh to make this Strawberry Quinoa Salad a full meal.
Store this quinoa salad in an airtight container for up to 4 days. The quinoa may soak up most of the dressing over time, so add more before enjoying if desired.
This salad is meant to be served chilled. All of the fresh produce would get pretty soggy if you attempt to warm this salad.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- large salad bowl
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Sauce pot
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- ⅔ quart strawberries, ~approx 12 strawberries
- ½ english cucumber
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ cup dressing of choice
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- Wash produce. Then, dice red onion, cucumber, strawberries, and avocado. Add to a salad bowl.
- Pour in feta cheese and stir.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and cooled, add to the salad bowl and stir.
- Toss with dressing of choice. Enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Strawberry Avocado Quinoa Salad calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!