This indulgent Cheesecake Milkshake is sweet, creamy, and a fun way to elevate vanilla ice cream and your nightly dessert. Made with cold ice cream, delicious strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries, and a slice of creamy cheesecake, I think it may be better than Dairy Queen's cheesecake milkshake! 😉
About this Milkshake
June is National Dairy Month in Georgia! Dairy is full of great nutritional value. It supports our bones, teeth, and is a great source of vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium, and Vitamin D. And it's a great staple in cooking and baking to help achieve a creamy and moist consistency. What more can you ask for?
In honor of National Dairy Month and in collaboration with Kroger, I came up with this sweet, creamy, and indulgent delicious Cheesecake Milkshake. Needless to say, I find it better than the Dairy Queen cheesecake milkshake! It's such a fun way to elevate vanilla ice cream and try a new, sweet treat.
I love warming blueberries on the stove to make a sweet blueberry sauce and drizzling it on the sides of my glass and top of my milkshake. It's the perfect cherry (blueberry;)) on top to this delicious dessert. But the best part of this recipe is that you can customize it however you'd like!
And if you're looking for more berry desserts, also try this Cherry Blueberry Cobbler, this Strawberry Apple Crisp, or these Strawberry Puff Pastry Pop Tarts that I'm sure you'll love, too!
- Vanilla Ice Cream: The base of this milkshake. Vanilla is such an easy flavor to dress up with plenty of other rich ingredients.
- Skim Milk: Add more or less to achieve your desired milkshake thickness.
- Strawberry Cheesecake: Yes! A slice of cheesecake IN THE MILKSHAKE. It's decadent. I used store bought, but homemade would be even better!
- Honey Graham Crackers: Crumble 'em up and top off your milkshake, or mix in for a nice crunch to mimic a cheesecake crust.
- Fresh Fruit: I used strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries for some triple berry action.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
I'm a firm believer in your milkshake, your way! Customize this yummy treat to YOUR liking. I want you to enjoy it! Here are some ideas:
- Play with ice cream flavors: If you want something a little more fun and eccentric, use a strawberry, banana, or chocolate ice cream. You could even use a coffee, cookie, or fudgy flavor.
- Use a different dessert: Not a cheesecake person? Make this a loaded brownie milkshake with these Crinkle Top Brownies or a peach version with this Peach Bundt Cake.
- Try some different toppings: Instead of graham crackers, you could crush up your favorite cookie, break up pieces of a candy bar, or drizzle your favorite syrup on top!
How to Make This Recipe
1. Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and pour in frozen blueberries and water. Whisk and wait for blueberries to boil and soften. Then, add cornstarch. Whisk again and let thicken.
2. In a blender, scoop in vanilla ice cream. I find that putting the ice cream in closest to the blender blade works best. Add in a slice of cheesecake, 2 sheets of honey graham cracker, and milk. You can also add fresh fruit here or wait to use it as a topping. Pulse 5-10 times or until ingredients are mixed.
3. Crush some graham crackers for the bottom of your glass and line with fresh berries. Pour your milkshake into the glasses and top with more graham cracker, warm blueberry sauce, and whipped cream. Enjoy!
I recommend enjoying immediately after making for the best consistency. The milkshake will get pretty hard if you try to store in the freezer. If you chose to, however, let thaw for a bit before enjoying.
Yes, you don't need to add a slice of cheesecake to have a delicious berry milkshake. Instead, add more berries or play around with different ice cream flavors. You'll still end up with an indulgent treat! You could also add a tablespoon or two of cream cheese or even cottage cheese to still get that rich, cheesecake flavor.
You shouldn't need to! If your ice cream is straight from the freezer there is no reason to add ice, and I actually recommend against it because it'll get watered down and an icy texture.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
- High Speed Blender
- Ice cream scoop
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- sauce pan
For the milkshake
- 1 slice raspberry cheesecake, or other flavor of your choice
- 4 sheets honey graham crackers
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup fruit, fresh strawberries and blackberries
- ¼ - ½ cup skim milk
- whipped cream, as much as desired
For the warm blueberry sauce
- ½ cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Warm Blueberry Sauce
- Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and pour in frozen blueberries and water.
- Whisk and wait for blueberries to boil and soften. You might have turn up the heat a little.
- Then, add cornstarch. Whisk again and let thicken. Remove from heat and get ready to make the milkshake.
- In a blender, scoop in vanilla ice cream. I find that putting the ice cream in closest to the blender blade works better. Adjust accordingly per your blender.
- Add in a slice of cheesecake, 2 sheets of honey graham cracker, and milk. You can also add fresh fruit here or wait to use it as a topping.
- Pulse 5-10 times or until ingredients are mixed.
- Pour your milkshake into a glass and top with more graham cracker, warm blueberry sauce, and whipped cream.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Triple Berry Cheesecake Milkshake calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Sydney Van Acker says
cheesecake IN A MILKSHAKE. this almost feels like a life hack LOL. The mot indulgent, perfect summer recipe
Courtney Paige says
It doesn't get sweeter than this! So tasty and decadent.