Holy moly these Vodka White Tea Shots did the trick. They are so dang tasty, refreshing, and strong all at the same time.
Table of Contents
About this Drink Recipe
There was lots of hype over my Jameson Irish Whiskey Green Tea Shot Recipe, so I’ve decided to make a variation with this White Tea Shot recipe, too! Indeed, neither recipe contains true tea, but don't let that stop you from making them.
The classic Green Tea Shot contains whiskey, whereas this white tea version uses vodka keeping it “white”. It’s supplemented with simple ingredients like fresh lemon juice and fresh lime juice and simple syrup for that sweet and sour balance along with Sprite for a bit of fizz.
This sweet shot goes down so much easier than a straight up vodka shot with a lesser taste of alcohol, so much so that you can even sip on it without making a face. It’s really the best White Tea Shot recipe in my opinion!
- Vodka - I used plain, but orange flavored vodka could be lovely here.
- Peach Schnapps - To give it a fruity, floral flavor.
- Simple Syrup - Purchase from the grocery store or make your own with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar over high heat, bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves then allow to cool.
- Lemon & Lime - Tart lemon juice and lime juice are used as the base to our homemade sour mix.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Not a fan of vodka? Use another liquor of choice. Because it’s a white tea shot, I recommend using another clear liquor like: tequila, white rum, or gin.
- Swap the sprite for any lemon-lime soda. 7 Up, Sierra Mist, Starry, or Olipop.
- Have sweet and sour mix handy? You can leave out the lemon juice, lime juice, and simple syrup and use 3 oz of this instead!
How to Make This Recipe
1. Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Measure vodka, peach schnapps, simple syrup, and juiced lemon and lime. Add it to the shaker.
2. Shake for 30 seconds so everything is well mixed and cold.
3. Add the sprite to the shaker and stir (don’t shake this carbonation).
4. Pour into six single shots. Serve the shots with an orange slice or lemon wedge and enjoy. Please drink responsibly!
- Use a mason jar or tightly sealed water bottle if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.
- You want this cocktail COLD. Don't skip the ice in the shaker and I also recommend chilling the shot glasses in the freezer before making your drink.
- These may not fit in your standard shot glass. They are approximately 2 oz each (and a regular shot is 1.5 oz) so if you have slightly larger glasses, use them.
- If you want a stronger shot, leave out the soda. If you want it less strong, add another splash of lemon-lime soda.
You can make a big batch of these shots in advance and store them in a glass container for up to 2 weeks! With regards to the soda, if you prefer to have a fizzy shot, leave this ingredient out until ready to enjoy. If you don’t mind the lack of bubbles, you can add everything together before storing.
Classically, no. A Green Tea Shot or White Tea Shot both do not contain any amounts of tea. The name for a Green Tea Shot simply comes from its color slightly resembling the green hue of an actual green tea, and these white tea shots derive their name from those with their white color.
Absolutely! Follow the White Tea Shot recipe as written, then add to a tall glass with ice and top with soda water, Sprite, or Lemonade for a Simple White Tea Shot alcoholic drink with the best flavors.
These shots are more diluted than your average shot, have a lower alcohol content, and sweet taste. The liquor is accompanied by a lemon lime soda, like Sprite, and a sweet + sour mixture which is made up of sweet simple syrup and citrus.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
White Tea Shots with Vodka
- Cocktail shaker
- Handheld juicer
- shot glasses
- 3 oz vodka
- 3 oz peach Schnapps
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 oz Sprite
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Measure vodka, peach schnapps, simple syrup, and juiced lemon and lime. Add it to the shaker.
- Shake for 30 seconds so everything is well mixed and cold.
- Add the sprite to the shaker and stir (don’t shake this carbonation).
- Pour into six single shots. Serve the shots with an orange slice or lemon wedge and enjoy. Please drink responsibly!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Vodka White Tea Shots calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
NOTE: this is counting the alcohol as strictly carbs - remember, if you are counting your macros & alcohol, this is a good reference: Macrostax | How To Calculate Alcohol for Macro Counting
TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS A CARBOHYDRATE: Use the total number of calories in a drink divided by 4 (Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 132 calories/4 = 33g Carbs. TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS A FAT: Use the total number of calories in a drink divided by 9 (Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 132 calories/9 = 15g Fat) TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS BOTH A CARBOHYDRATE AND A FAT: Use the a portion of the total number of calories in a drink divided by 4 Use the remainder of the total number of calories in a drink divided by 9. Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 66 calories/4 = 16.5g Carbs 66 calories/9 = 7g Fat
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!