Take that familiar juicy, sweet summer fruit and turn it into a fun refreshing cocktail. This Watermelon Vodka Slush is just a few simple ingredients and comes together in under 5 minutes with minimal bartending skills required. You’ll wonder how you ever had pool days without these sweet slushies.
Table of Contents
About this Vodka Slush
Undoubtedly, a fresh, juicy watermelon screams summer. Cutting it into wedges and having the juices drip all over your hands at the backyard barbecue is a familiar scene. But, what about taking that same amazing flavor and putting it into a boozy, frozen drink.
With warm weather still in full force, I’m reaching for all things cold and icy. This sweet, icy treat is the perfect way to cool down and enjoy something so completely refreshing.
What you didn’t know is how simple this Watermelon Vodka Slush is to make. Just three simple ingredients + ice and your good to go. This Watermelon Vodka Slush is made in the blender, too, so no fancy bartending skills required.
An easy, quick, and minimal ingredient tasty drink. What more could you ask for of a cocktail!?
But don't stop here. If you want to try out some other frozen cocktails, also check out this Strawberry Mango Daiquiri, Frozen Berry Prosecco Sangria, this Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Refresher or this Banana Margarita that I think you'll love, too. Or try this Strawberry Gin Smash as another fruity and refreshing drink.
- Watermelon - A big juicy summer fruit makes for the perfect base to this slushie cocktail. Make sure your watermelon is SEEDLESS. You don’t want pieces of seed in your slush.
- Ice - Ice gets blended first to give it a shaved consistency.
- Simple Syrup - To sweeten our cocktail. If you want to give your Watermelon Vodka Slush a twist, use a flavored simple syrup. You can find my recipe for blueberry simple syrup here.
- Watermelon Vodka - I used Smirnoff. Watermelon flavored vodka will help concentrate the flavor of your slush. I’m typically not a flavored vodka fan, but in this cocktail it works well.
- OPTIONAL Melon Liqueur - I used DeKuyper Pucker Schnapps. If you want to add another flavor component to your Watermelon Vodka slush, I highly recommend melon liqueur. It adds a more refreshing, yet simple taste.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a high speed blender, blend the ice alone until it's a shaved consistency.
2. Remove the skin and rind from the watermelon and dice into large chunks. Place the watermelon chunks into the blender and blend until watermelon and ice are combined. Add in simple syrup, vodka, and melon liqueur. Blend again.
3. Pour into cocktail glasses and serve with more fresh watermelon and a straw. ENJOY!
Absolutely! Simply blend the ice, watermelon, and simple syrup! You can use a splash of water or soda if you’d like a thinner slushy since you won’t have the liquid from the vodka.
Yes, even seedless watermelons have the white seeds. If you want to remove the seeds from the mixture, blend the watermelon first. Then use a cheese cloth or strainer to strain the watermelon back into the blender and then add the ice.
As this slush starts to melt, the shaved ice will start to separate from the watermelon juice and vodka. Enjoy your Vodka Watermelon Slush as soon as you make it! You could also freeze the watermelon chunks prior to blending if you want a thicker drink that’ll stay frozen a bit longer.
If you’d like to make your own simple syrup, simply heat one cup of water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Before it starts to boil, add one cup of sugar and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool before adding to your Watermelon Vodka Slush!
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Watermelon Vodka Slush
- Ninja blender
- Cutting Board
- jigger or shot glass
- Cocktail glasses
- 1 medium watermelon, seedless
- 2 cups ice
- 4 oz simple syrup
- 10 oz watermelon vodka, Smirnoff
- 6 oz melon liqueur (DeKuyper Pucker Schnapps), optional
- In a high speed blender, blend the ice alone until it’s a shaved consistency.
- Place the watermelon chunks into the blender and blend until watermelon and ice are combined.
- Add in simple syrup, vodka, and melon liqueur. Blend again.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and serve with more fresh watermelon and a straw. ENJOY!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find WATERMELON VODKA SLUSH calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
NOTE: this is counting the alcohol as strictly carbs - remember, if you are counting your macros & alcohol, this is a good reference: Macrostax | How To Calculate Alcohol for Macro Counting
TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS A CARBOHYDRATE: Use the total number of calories in a drink divided by 4 (Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 132 calories/4 = 33g Carbs. TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS A FAT: Use the total number of calories in a drink divided by 9 (Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 132 calories/9 = 15g Fat) TO COUNT YOUR ALCOHOL AS BOTH A CARBOHYDRATE AND A FAT: Use the a portion of the total number of calories in a drink divided by 4 Use the remainder of the total number of calories in a drink divided by 9. Example: 5 ounces of Red Zinfandel = 132 calories 66 calories/4 = 16.5g Carbs 66 calories/9 = 7g Fat
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!