You may not be able to find this at your neighborhood lemonade stand, but this Blueberry Vodka Lemonade Cocktail is made with just a few simple ingredients you can whip up in no time. Sweet and tart, it’s the perfect cocktail to quench your thirst, especially in the summer.
Table of Contents
About this Cocktail
On a hot summer afternoon, there’s never a bad time to sit out on the patio with a cool, delicious cocktail in hand. Especially when it involves this Blueberry Vodka Lemonade recipe. It's always a huge hit!
A Vodka Lemonade seems like a quick mix we’d make in a pinch in college. But fast forward to post-grad, it's a simple recipe that we make ~sophisticated~. It's a ideal happy hour beverage!
This Easy Blueberry Vodka Lemonade requires just a few simple ingredients and minimal bartending skills. The most difficult part is making the Blueberry Simple Syrup but it’s called SIMPLE syrup for a reason. Anyone can do it! When it's peak blueberry season, this is my signature drink of the summer.
We will use Deep Eddy’s Lemon Vodka for some extra lemony flavor, but plain vodka or any other brand of lemon flavored vodka will do. In a pinch, fresh lemon juice or fresh lemons also work, but be mindful of the quantity as they're more concentrated than flavored alcohol. Hey, you could even leave out the vodka for a fun, blueberry lemonade recipe.
If you're looking for other summer cocktails, also try this Blueberry Texas Ranch Water, this Irish Lemonade Recipe, this Spiked Blue Kool-Aid, this Strawberry Gin Smash this Spicy Mezcal Paloma, this Sparkling Peach Sangria, or this Spicy Orange Margarita that I'm sure you'll love, too!
To make the Blueberry Simple Syrup you will need three ingredients (yes! it's that simple!):
- Blueberries - You can use fresh or frozen. These will cook down to a form a liquid which is a great way to get the blueberry flavor into our lemonade without facing chunks of fruit.
- Sugar - Used to sweeten up the syrup and give it a sticky consistency.
- Water - Used to thin out the syrup.
For the cocktail:
- Deep Eddy’s Lemon Vodka - Plain vodka will also do (like Svedka Vodka or Grey Goose), but the lemon liquor is perfect to enhance the lemonade flavors of this drink.
- Lemon Club Soda - A splash of club soda make this Blueberry Vodka Lemonade extra refreshing.
- Lemonade - I used Minute Maid Zero Sugar which is perfectly light and tart as the mixer for this cocktail.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
Try making the homemade blueberry syrup with any other fresh fruit. Just replace the blueberries and follow the same steps as listed in the recipe. Here’s a few of my suggestions:
- Strawberry Vodka Lemonade
- Raspberry Vodka Lemonade
- Cherry Vodka Lemonade
- Grapefruit Vodka Lemonade
- Blackberry Vodka Lemonade
more of our favorite Cocktail Recipes...
- Limoncello Spritz
- Banana Margarita
- Strawberry Mango Daiquiri
- Spicy Mezcal Paloma
- Pineapple Moscow Mule
- Strawberry Gin Smash Cocktail
- Hibiscus Refresher
- Frozen Raspberry Prosecco Sangria
- Watermelon Vodka Slush
- Blood Orange Moscow Mule
- Sparkling Peach Sangria
- Blueberry Lemonade Vodka
- Rose Aperol Spritz
- Strawberry Martini
How to Make This Recipe
1. First, make the blueberry simple syrup. Heat a sauce pot to medium heat and add cane sugar, water, and fresh blueberries. Allow blueberries to break down, forming a beautiful berry sauce - it will take 7-10 minutes. Stir every few minutes to avoid blueberries from burning.
2. Add ice to every mason jar (serves 4). Add ¼ of the blueberry simple syrup (~2 tablespoons) into each glass on top of the ice. Note: the blueberry mixture is thick, but will still have blueberry parts in it. Use a fine mesh sieve if you prefer to only have the syrup. You can use less if you’d like your cocktail less sweet.
3. Divide the cup of vodka into 4 (2 oz each) and give each drink a stir.
4. Top with lemonade and sparkling water. Garnish with fresh lemon slices, sprig of fresh mint, and serve with a straw. This refreshing drink is the perfect drink after a long day.
You can make the blueberry simple syrup prior to making these cocktails if needed. Just store in a glass jar prior to using. It will last for a few weeks in the refrigerator. Double batch the syrup if you plan to make multiple rounds of these in the near future!
Freeze cubes of lemonade into an ice cube tray prior to making. Then throw all ingredients into a blender for a boozy blueberry lemonade slushy!
Absolutely! This would be a tasty drink to serve in a pitcher for individuals to serve themselves. Note, it may be slightly less fizzy with the lemon club soda sitting in a large pitcher, but the flavors are still fabulous.
I'd recommend making just a blueberry vodka drink if you do not have lemonade. Lemon juice is extremely acidic and not a good substitute for lemonade.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
- Cocktail glasses
- Sauce pot
- measuring cups / spoons
For the simple syrup
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
For the cocktails
- 8 oz Deep Eddy lemon vodka, 2 oz per drink
- 16 oz lemon club soda, 4 oz per drink
- 20 oz Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade, 5 oz per drink
- fresh blueberries, lemon slices, herbs, for garnish
- First, make the blueberry simple syrup. Heat a sauce pot to medium heat and add cane sugar, water, and fresh blueberries. Allow blueberries to break down, forming a beautiful berry sauce - it will take 7-10 minutes. Stir every few minutes to avoid blueberries from burning.
- Grab 4 serving glasses and add ice to each one.
- Add ¼ of the blueberry simple syrup (~2 tablespoons) into each glass on top of the ice. You can use less if you’d like your cocktail less sweet.
- Pour in vodka, lemonade, and top with Lemon club soda.
- Garnish with fresh berries, mint, and serve with a straw. This cocktail is going to rock your world.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find BLUEBERRY VODKA LEMONADE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!