I’m all for indulgence, especially when it comes to really good food, but sometimes we’re looking for a dish that’s a bit healthier. Whether you’re counting macros, trying to stick to a new years resolution, or just interested in healthier cooking, these lightened up recipes may become your new favorites. And just because they’re “lightened up” that doesn’t mean you're going to be missing out on any flavor. I’ve made the nutritious swaps where it makes sense and kept the “real deal” ingredients when necessary. So let’s get to it: Here’s a healthy twist on some of your most loved classics.
This is a condensed recipe round up of lightened up versions of your favorite classic recipes. Click on 'check out this recipe' for the full recipe details.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
11 Lightened Up Versions of Your Favorite Recipes
- Spaghetti Squash Baked Feta Pasta - Yep, just like the TikTok viral version but with GREAT macros.
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps - These taste just like the restaurant version but without all the oil.
- Healthy Pesto Chicken Salad - Using greek yogurt instead of a boat load of mayo keeps this chicken salad a bit healthier.
- Broccoli Salad - Greek yogurt does it again! This recipe uses yogurt in the homemade dressing which is equally healthy as it is tasty.
- Macro-friendly Cheese Quesadilla - I love lavash wraps, which serves as the healthy base for this customizable quesadilla.
- Healthy Red Velvet Protein Pancakes - Brownie Batter protein powder (or chocolate works too) is the star of the show in this one. Plus, they come together in just 10 minutes.
- Dairy Free White Chicken Chili - Usually white chicken chili has a fair amount of cream, cream cheese, or sour cream. This one is lightened up and made dairy free by blending some of the beans and cauliflower with chicken broth for a creamy white base.
- Skinny Turkey Enchiladas - All of your favorite taco night flavors rolled up and baked with macro-friendly ingredients!
- Healthy Carrot Cake Bars - These are dairy-free, gluten-free, and delicious! But if you’re ever looking for the real deal with carrot cake try JoJo’s Carrot Cake.
- Key Lime Pie Milkshake - If you haven’t tried Two Good yogurt, consider this your calling to do so. The coconut flavor is delicious in this lightened up milkshake.
- Healthy Summer Zucchini Corn Chowder - Forget the heavy cream you'll find in most chowders. This soup becomes thick and creamy by blending some of the soup ingredients.
See the full details below and keep scrolling for 5 bonus recipes!
5 more delicious lightened up recipes I'm loving from other creators
Gimme Some Over - New England Clam Chowder
This recipe is just as creamy as the traditional version but lightened up using regular milk and some of the potatoes get pureed instead of using heavy cream!
Lillie Eats and Tells - Veggie Packed Turkey Burger
Everything you love about a flavorful turkey burger but loaded with extra vegetables. Plus, if you're a volume eater this recipe is great because one serving is two burgers!!!
Half Baked Harvest - Easy Healthier Crockpot Butter Chicken
This Butter Chicken is such a cozy dish that feels like true comfort food, but healthier. It's so easy too! All you've got to do is dump and in the ingredients and call it good.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Please, please leave a review on the individual recipe if you choose to make it. Every 5-star review allows me to provide free recipes to y'all. Thank you SO much!!