Do you want to eat your favorite candy bar for breakfast? Absolutely, me too! These Almond Joy Overnight Oats have a flavor of the candy bar we all know and love, but are packed with heart healthy, fiber packed old-fashioned oats and plenty of protein to start your morning on the right foot without the sugar crash.
Table of Contents
About these Oats
Your future self will thank you by investing just 5 minutes before bed to toss together these Almond Joy Overnight Oats. The next morning, you'll appreciate having this delicious recipe ready and waiting to fuel your day.
These oats have a similar taste to an almond joy candy bar, but instead of coming from not so great ingredients, this recipe gets its candy-like flavors from coconut yogurt and coconut flakes alongside rich chocolate protein powder and cocoa powder.
Crunchy almonds, old fashioned oats, and dark chocolate all come together to make this recipe taste just like Almond Joy Bars. No cooking required, a quick and easy, protein and fiber packed breakfast that tastes like dessert. What more could you ask for? I highly suggest doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling this Almond Joy Overnight Oats recipe to have on hand for enjoying all week long.
Prep a batch of overnight oatmeal at the beginning of the week and start every morning with a delicious breakfast (perfect for busy mornings)!! For other delicious flavors of overnight oats, check out these Birthday Bake Overnight Oats, these Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats or these Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats, too!
- Oats -I used rolled oats. They soak up all the flavor so well! I would avoid steel cut oats, which'll have much too tough of a texture in this recipe.
- Coconut Flavored Greek Yogurt - Adding Greek yogurt will up the protein and up the creaminess of these Almond Joy Overnight Oats. I used the brand TwoGood.
- Chocolate Protein Powder - I used Brownie Batter protein powder from CleanSimpleEats (code APOP saves you $$). You could also use vanilla protein powder, too.
- Shredded Coconut - To mimic the Almond Joy filling.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - Especially important if you choose to use vanilla protein powder. This mixes with the milk to give the oats a chocolate base.
- Coconut or Almond Extract - Optional, but recommended for extra flavor.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a small jar, add the almond milk and then protein powder. Tighten the lid on the jar and shake it a bit so the protein powder combines with the milk (you may need to stir it too).
2. Remove the lid and add oats, yogurt, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, sliced almonds, mini chocolate chips, and extract.
3. Close the lid on the jar and shake to combine. If the jar is small and there isn’t room to shake the ingredients together, use a spoon or small rubber spatula to stir and combine. You want the ingredients well distributed.
4. Place your jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight (for best results). Stir before eating and enjoy! Note: I like to add about ⅓ cup more milk when I eat them in the morning. Makes them super creamy!
Store in the refrigerator. The oats are best enjoyed within 3 days of assembling them, making these a great option for meal prep! Storing for much longer, however, they'll become pretty mushy.
After the overnight soak, these oats can be served straight from the fridge or warmed if you prefer. I like mine cold just like I do my candy (have you ever tried Almond Joys out of the freezer😍).
If you’d like to warm these oats, they can be warmed in the microwave right in the mason jar (lid removed) in 30 second intervals stirring between each to ensure it gets warmed throughout. The chocolate chips in your warmed Almond Joy Oats will get slightly melty and turn into a chocolate swirl throughout.
I like to top my Almond Joy Overnight Oats with extra coconut flakes for more texture. Adding chia seeds, slivered almonds, and sliced fruit also are great toppings. I think banana or strawberries go best with the flavors of these oats.
Most definitely! I suggest using coconut yogurt and coconut milk to stay on theme with the Almond Joy flavors. You’ll also need to ensure you use a vegan protein powder and have dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips. If needed, add a tablespoon of pure maple syrup for natural sweetener.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Mason jar
- Measuring cups and spoons
- mixing spoon/spatula
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup coconut flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, I used Clean Simple Eats Brownie Batter
- ½ tbsp mini chocolate chips
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp almond or coconut extract, optional
- In a mason jar, add the almond milk and then protein powder. Tighten the lid on the jar and shake it a bit so the protein powder combines with the milk.
- Remove the lid and add oats, yogurt, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, sliced almonds, chocolate chips, and extract.
- Close the lid on the jar and shake to combine. If your jar is small and there isn’t room to shake the ingredients together, use a spoon or small rubber spatula to stir and combine. You want the oats well covered.
- Place your jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Stir before eating and enjoy! Note: I'll add another ½ cup of cold milk before eating. It makes them super creamy.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find ALMOND JOY OVERNIGHT OATS calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!