Pecan Pie Overnight Oats combines the rich, nutty flavors of pecan pie with the wholesome goodness of oatmeal, creating a comforting and indulgent morning meal. They're a good source of fiber, high in protein, and an out right drool-worthy healthy breakfast.
Table of Contents
Just like Pecan Pie
Overnight Oats are my breakfast of choice on busy mornings, and when it has sweet flavors of pecan pie I go to bed literally dreaming about the indulgence I’ll consume the next morning.
These Pecan Pie Overnight Oats are so rich and delicious, you’ll forget you’re actually fueling yourself with plenty of healthy ingredients. This recipe has plenty of protein thanks to greek yogurt and protein powder.
They're also high in fiber thanks to the oats and chia seeds. Almond butter and crunchy pecans are in the topping providing great texture and a good amount of monounsaturated fat for some satiating staying power all morning long.
Looking for more overnight oat variations to treat your taste buds? Try these Birthday Bake Overnight Oats, these Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats, Almond Joy Overnight Oats, or these Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats.
I developed this recipe during the holiday season, when I’m craving pecan pie most, but quite honestly, I like to enjoy these oats all year long. The rich pecan flavors and multitude of textures are so satisfying and honestly nostalgic, reminding me of the most wonderful time of year.
Which pie inspired oats should I try next? Apple pie or Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats? Let me know in the comments!
Pecan Pie Mixture
- Pecans - Nuts can be fairly expensive. I usually buy a big bag to be cost effective and store in the fridge for optimal freshness. Make them toasty pecans by sautéing on the stove top in coconut oil or butter if you fear they are a little stale.
- Maple Syrup - Sticky-sweet maple syrup gives our oats that caramelized and candy-like delicious pecan pie flavor.
- Coconut Oil and Almond Butter - The richness of the coconut oil and nut butter create the texture and thickness of the topping. You can use butter in place of coconut oil, if you don’t have any.
- Salt - Don't skip it!
- Oats - Opt for rolled oats.
- Vanilla Protein Powder - Clean Simple Eats is my favorite protein powder! Code APOP saves you $$! If you're skipping this, you may want to add a little brown sugar for extra sweetness.
- Milk - I used low fat cow’s milk for extra protein, but feel free to substitute in a non-dairy milk like coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk or cashew milk.
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt - I used Vanilla. Make this a vegan overnight oats recipe with a non-dairy yogurt. Don't skip it though! It makes the oats so creamy.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Overnight Oat Recipe
Zero Cooking Required!
1. Make the Pecan Pie Caramel Mixture first. Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together for 45 seconds. Whisk together.
Whisk in almond butter, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract until it’s fully mixed and very smooth. Fold in chopped/crushed pecans and then set aside while making the oats.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients to the bowl besides the diced apple. Stir together until well combined.
3. Fold in the diced apples and stir again. Pour the pecan caramel mixture over the top of the bowl and spread so it covers the whole top. NOTE: If you’re making these into individual servings, scoop the overnight oats into the jars first. We want this caramel to harden on top of the oats so it creates a hardshell before eating – so yummy!
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and enjoy!
The Best Oats for Overnight Oats
I highly recommend using rolled oats (check for gluten-free if necessary!). Instant oats will become much too mushy as they sit in the liquid, and steel cut oats will be too tough to soak up the liquid at all and you'll end up with chewy oatmeal.
Store in the refrigerator in the jar or any other airtight container. The oats are best enjoyed within 3 days of assembling, making these a great option for meal prep! Storing for much longer, however, they'll become pretty mushy.
After the overnight soak, these oats can be served straight from the fridge or warmed if you prefer. I like mine cold, especially with the silky cream layer on top that becomes almost mousse like in the fridge.
If you’d like to warm these oats, they can be warmed in the microwave right in the mason jar (lid removed) for ~60 seconds. If you heat the oats the Pecan Pie topping will melt slightly and become more like a sauce that you can swirl through the oats.
This Pecan Pie Oatmeal is a healthier alternative to actual pie, but that doesn't mean we can't add whipped cream on top for a true pie feel. Other tasty options include extra chia seeds, flax seeds, granola, a spoonful of yogurt or some fruit. I like bananas best with the pecan pie flavors but any berry I think would work well, too.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Pecan Pie Overnight Oats
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- ruber spatula
- 4 mason jars
Pecan Caramel Topping
- ½ cup pecans, crushed
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 tbsp pecans, crushed
- pinch salt
- Make the Pecan Pie Caramel Mixture first. Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together for 45 seconds. Whisk together.
- Whisk in almond butter, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract until it’s fully mixed and very smooth. Fold in chopped/crushed pecans and then set aside while making the oats.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients to the bowl besides the diced apple. Stir together until well combined.
- Fold in the diced apples and stir again.
- Pour the pecan caramel mixture over the top of the bowl and spread so it covers the whole top. If making for meal prep, split the oat mixture between four mason jars and then pour the caramel pecan sauce into each jar.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Pecan Pie Overnight Oats calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!