These Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats taste just like chocolate covered strawberries! They're the perfect breakfast to satisfy your sweet tooth and work fabulous for meal prep.
Table of Contents
About these Overnight Oats
Do you struggle to eat breakfast? Or find yourself reaching for the same old things? If you answered yes to either of those questions, you're gonna want to try these Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats!
They're made with fresh strawberries, brownie batter protein powder, and oats all combined into the dreamiest, silky overnight oat mixture. High in protein and also low in effort, these overnight oats are a no-brainer!
All you have to do is mix the ingredients, store in the fridge, and let the magic happen. And because everything in these oats hold up so well in the fridge, they're perfect for meal prep, too! For another flavor variety, check out these Birthday Bake Overnight Oats, Almond Joy Overnight Oats, these Pecan Pie Overnight Oats or these Banana Peanut Butter Overnight Oats, too. Or for a savory take, try these Cheesy Oats, too!
- Oats: I used old fashioned rolled oats. They soak up all the flavor so well! Quick Oats will get too mushy and steel cut will not soften much.
- Yogurt: I used Two Good Vanilla yogurt. You can use what you like here, however I recommend a simple flavor like vanilla or plain.
- Milk: For this recipe, I used unsweetened almond milk. However, you can use whatever milk you have or even water, too.
- Protein Powder: Choose a chocolate variety. Or if you choose unflavored, you can add a tablespoon of cocoa powder. I used Brownie Batter protein powder from CleanSimpleEats (code: APOP saves you $$).
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries taste soooooo good in these Protein Overnight Oats!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Wash and dry the strawberries. Then, remove the stems and dice fruit into small pieces.
2. Next, pour the rolled oats, yogurt, almond milk, and also protein powder into a mason jar or small Pyrex bowl.
3. Stir together and then add fresh strawberries and chocolate chips.
4. Stir again. Then, place the lid on the jar/bowl and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Stir before enjoying!
Store in the refrigerator. The oats are best enjoyed within 3 days, making them a great option for meal prep! Much longer, however, they'll become pretty mushy.
I’ve always eaten them cold, but they can absolutely be warmed. Keep in mind that you may need to also add more milk for creaminess if you heat them in the microwave or on the stovetop.
I think adding your favorite granola or more fresh fruit like sliced bananas or even kiwi would be so delicious. You can also add honey, nut butter, or nuts/seeds. Even OatHaus chocolate granola butter or Nutella would be amazing!
As written, the Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal Recipe serves one. However, you can easily double, triple, etc! This is a great recipe to batch make.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Cutting Board
- Mason jar
- Measuring cups and spoons
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup vanilla yogurt
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 3 fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Then, remove the stems and dice fruit into small pieces.
- Next, pour the rolled oats, yogurt, almond milk, and also protein powder into a mason jar or small Pyrex bowl.
- Stir together and then add fresh strawberries and chocolate chips. Stir again.
- Then, place the lid on the jar/bowl and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Stir before enjoying! I like to add an extra ⅓-½ cup of milk before eating to make them extra creamy.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!