Something about a classic Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie hits just right. This one is packed with antioxidants and protein (20 grams!), takes just 5 minutes, and it's customizable. It's super healthy, but is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, too.
About this Smoothie
Wherever you can buy smoothies, strawberry banana is always an option. Why? Because it's such a classic flavor combination that just works! Something about the creamy, sweet bananas along side juicy, bright strawberries is just so tasty.
Not only is this Strawberry Banana Smoothie tasty and sweet, but it's also packed with antioxidants and protein: both great for our bodies!
This Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie is just a few simple ingredients, but I do love to add pomegranates. It's a unique twist that provides an extra punch of flavor and contrasts the creamy banana a bit more than strawberries alone.
Whether you're looking for some nutrients after finishing a tough workout, want a quick and easy breakfast for on the go, or an afternoon snack to tie you over until dinner, this smoothie is for you. You'll take a sip of something cold, smooth, and creamy... and AHH its amazing!
- Frozen Banana: This will make your smoothie nice & creamy.
- Frozen Strawberries: Packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins. Plus, they're yummy! Fresh can work, too, if you have them, but your smoothie may not be as thick.
- Frozen Pomegranates: I love adding these for an extra boost of antioxidants and to help balance out the creamy banana flavor. However, if you want to omit, add 4 more frozen strawberries or a full banana.
- Vanilla or Coconut Protein Powder: Either of these flavors will work well when combined altogether with the bananas, strawberries, and pomegranates! I used Clean Simple Eats and you can use code APAIGE10 to save you $$!
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: We need liquid to blend the smoothie. Feel free to sub any milk of your choosing (soy, coconut, dairy, etc.).
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Measure out all of your ingredients and then place in a high speed blender.
2. Blend on high for 30-45 seconds or until everything is combined together and smooth throughout (add a touch more milk if needed and blend again).
3. Then, pour your strawberry banana protein shake into a glass and top with fresh fruit and granola if you wish! Enjoy!
To make this Strawberry Banana Protein Shake into a bowl, only include 2 tablespoons of milk. You will need to blend for a longer amount of time since the smoothie bowl will be thick. Scrape down the sides of the blender intermittently with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well combined.
To me, smoothies are like a blank canvas for all sorts of tasty toppings. Some of my favorites include nuts and seeds like chia, flax, hemp seeds, chopped walnuts or pecans. I also love a drizzle of nut butter or honey.
For a nice crunch I like adding cacao nibs, granola, cereal, or toasted coconut flakes. Fresh berries or dried fruit are always welcomed for an extra punch of nutrients and pop of color.
My most recent obsession though, a healthy spoonful of Oat Haus Granola Butter! You can use my code COURTNEY15 if you're looking to purchase and save some money.
Yes! Frozen cauliflower would be a great option. Or if you want to add greens like spinach, I recommend you add those leafy veggies first with just the almond milk and then blend until smooth. This will ensure it's blended thoroughly and you don't gulp down any surprise spinach chunks! This is how I do it with my Spinach Mango Smoothie.
Use frozen fruit only! Frozen fruit results in a thicker smoothie. You could also try adding ½ cup of oats, ¼ cup greek yogurt, or a quarter avocado or even ½ teaspoon of xanthum gum prior to blending. Any of these options will help to thicken up your smoothie and keep it super healthy.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 4 medium frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla or coconut protein powder
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pomegranates
- ¼ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- Measure out all of your ingredients and place in a high speed blender.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds or until everything is combined together.
- Pour into a glass and top with fresh fruit and granola if you wish!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find STRAWBERRY BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!