Something about a classic Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie hits just right. This one is packed with antioxidants and protein (20 grams!), takes just 5 minutes, and it's customizable. It's super healthy, but is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, too.
About this Smoothie
Wherever you can buy smoothies, strawberry banana is always an option. Why? Because it's such a classic flavor combination that just works! Something about the creamy, sweet bananas along side juicy, bright strawberries is just so tasty.
Not only is this Strawberry Banana Smoothie tasty and sweet, but it's also packed with antioxidants and protein: both great for our bodies!
This easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is just a few simple ingredients, but I do love to add pomegranates. It's a unique twist that provides an extra punch of flavor and contrasts the creamy banana a bit more than strawberries alone.
Whether you're looking for some nutrients after finishing a tough workout, want a quick and easy breakfast for on the go, or an afternoon snack to tie you over until dinner, this smoothie is a great way to satisfy your craving. You'll take a sip of something cold, smooth, and creamy... and AHH its amazing!
And talk about a delicious smoothie, also check out this Chocolate Cherry Smoothie, this Kiwi Apple Smoothie, this Tropical Smoothie Bahama Mama or this Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie, all of which I think you'll love, too!
- Frozen Banana: This will make your smoothie nice & creamy.
- Frozen Strawberries: Packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins. Plus, they're yummy! Fresh strawberries can work, too, if you have them, but your smoothie may not be as thick.
- Frozen Pomegranates: I love adding these for an extra boost of antioxidants and to help balance out the creamy banana flavor. However, if you want to omit, add 4 more frozen strawberries or a full banana.
- Coconut or Vanilla Protein Powder: Either of these flavors will work well when combined altogether with the bananas, strawberries, and pomegranates! My favorite protein powder is Clean Simple Eats and you can use code APOP to save you $$! It's 20 grams of protein per serving!
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk: We need liquid to blend the smoothie. Feel free to sub any milk of your choosing (soy milk, coconut milk, oat milk dairy, etc.).
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Measure out all of your ingredients and then place in a high speed blender.
2. Blend on high for 30-45 seconds or until everything is combined together and smooth throughout (add a touch more milk if needed and blend again).
3. Then, pour your strawberry banana protein shake into a glass and top with fresh fruit and granola if you wish! Enjoy!
*I don't think it needs it, especially if you're using a ripe banana with plenty of natural sweetness, but if you prefer a sweeter healthy smoothie, add a bit of maple syrup for a little extra sweetness.*
To make this Strawberry Banana Protein Shake into a bowl, only include 2 tablespoons of milk to get the desired consistency. You will need to blend for a longer amount of time since the smoothie bowl will be thick. Scrape down the sides of the blender intermittently with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are well combined.
To me, smoothies are like a blank canvas for all sorts of tasty toppings. Some of my favorites include healthy fats like chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, chopped walnuts or pecans. I also love a drizzle of peanut butter or honey.
For a nice crunch I like adding cacao nibs, granola, cereal, or toasted coconut flakes. Fresh berries or dried fruit are always welcomed for an extra punch of nutrients and pop of color.
My most recent obsession though, a healthy spoonful of Oat Haus Granola Butter! You can use my code COURTNEY15 if you're looking to purchase and save some money.
Yes! Frozen cauliflower would be a great option to add to your healthy strawberry banana smoothie. Or if you want to add greens like spinach, I recommend you add those leafy veggies first with just the almond milk and then blend until smooth. This will ensure it's blended thoroughly with the right consistency and you don't gulp down any surprise spinach chunks! This is how I do it with my Spinach Mango Smoothie.
Use frozen fruit only! Frozen fruit results in a thicker smoothie. You could also try adding ½ cup of oats, ¼ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt, or a quarter avocado or even ½ teaspoon of xanthum gum prior to blending. Any of these options will help to thicken up your smoothie and keep it super healthy.
More Smoothie Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 4 medium frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla or coconut protein powder
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pomegranates
- ¼ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- Measure out all of your ingredients and place in a high speed blender.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds or until everything is combined together.
- Pour into a glass and top with fresh fruit and granola if you wish!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find STRAWBERRY BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Lauren Hudson says
Wow!! Exactly what I needed today - fresh, healthy & delicious. Added some spinach for some extra greens & was soo pleased. Make sure to really blend to get all the pomegranate seeds (had to blend mine twice!!) this is definitely going to be a spring & summer healthy but TASTY staple
Sydney Van Acker says
Something about a Strawberry Banana Smoothie just does not disappoint. The addition of pomegranate was something I would've never thought to do but it really gave an extra burst of flavor that I loved!
Courtney Paige says
This smoothie is refreshingly good and so simple to make! It's been on repeat all summer long.
would you mind sharing what brand of protein powder you use or recommend?
Courtney Paige says
I use Clean Simple Eats! Code: APAIGE10 should save you $$ off.