Celebrate any day with these Birthday Cake Overnight Oats. A creamy, cake batter base with the fun addition of sprinkles throughout are sure to brighten your morning!
Table of Contents
About these Oats
We love overnight oat recipes in my house. They're so great because there’s so many ways to customize them! These Strawberry Chocolate and these Almond Joy Overnight Oats are staples in my breakfast rotation, but this Birthday Cake Version is becoming a new favorite!
It’s so fun to add sprinkles to any recipe. Just like in this Birthday Bread, these Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls, or these Funfetti White Chocolate Chip Cookies. You simply cannot frown when enjoying something with sprinkles in it!
This overnight oats recipe has a creamy texture and delicious cake batter base with the birthday cake flavor coming from vanilla Greek yogurt and Cake Batter Protein Powder. A little almond extract also brings out the cake-like flavors so perfectly!
So whether you’re looking for a birthday breakfast or just want to add a little celebration to your morning, these Birthday Cake Oats are for you. They’re full of fiber and they're high protein to keep you full and satisfied all morning long. It's an easy recipe and the end result is absolutely delicious - you really can’t go wrong.
- Oats - I used rolled oats. They soak up all the flavor so well! I would avoid steel cut oats, which'll have much too tough of a texture in this recipe and also instant oats which'll become too mushy.
- Cake Batter Protein Powder - Clean Simple Eats is my favorite protein powder! Code APOP saves you $$ off!
- Milk - The type of milk is up to you. I used Fairlife skim milk for some extra protein, but a plant milk is perfectly fine, too.
- Almond Extract - Helps achieve the flavor of actual cake batter, but you could substitute with vanilla extract if you don't have any. I think butter extract would also be tasty.
- Rainbow Sprinkles - Colorful sprinkles bring this delicious breakfast to life! I used Jimmies (the long cylinder sprinkles), but feel free to use nonpareils (the tiny balls) or confetti sprinkles instead.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
2. Give it a good mix with a rubber spatula so everything is well combined.
3. Divide the oat mixture between 3 jars. If there is leftover liquid in the bottom of your bowl, pour that on top, as well.
4. Seal your jars and refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight. The next morning, give it a good stir, add whipped cream and extra sprinkles on top for an extra special treat and enjoy!
Store in the refrigerator. The oats are best enjoyed within 3 days, making them a great option for meal prep! Much longer, however, they'll become pretty mushy.
I’ve always preferred cold oats, but they can absolutely be warmed. Keep in mind that you may need to also add a splash of milk for creaminess if you heat them in the microwave or on the stovetop. Depending on the type of sprinkles you use, you may get some color bleeding if heated, too. So just note, your oats may be a little tie-dye.
Overnight oats are the perfect canvas for all of your favorite toppings of choice. Here’s some suggestions that I think would go well with the Birthday Cake flavors:
Fresh Fruit: Any fruit really can work. My first go-to choice would be banana.
Nuts and Seeds: Try chia seeds, flax seeds, slivered almonds, chopped pecans.
Nut butter: Peanut butter, cashew butter or almond butter drizzled on top would be tasty. Or even Birthday Cake Granola Butter 🤩(code: COURTNEY15 saves you $$).
Granola: Add some granola for a bit of crunch! A few cereal pieces or coconut flakes on top could be a fun texture addition, too.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 3 small jars
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, I used Chobani Zero Sugar
- 2 scoops cake batter protein powder, Clean Simple Eats
- 1 cup milk, I used Fairlife skim
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Give it a good mix with a rubber spatula so everything is well combined.
- Divide the oat mixture between 3 jars. If there is leftover liquid in the bottom of your bowl, pour that on top, as well.
- Seal your jars and refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight.
- The next morning, give it a good stir, add whipped cream and extra sprinkles on top for an extra special treat and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Birthday Cake Overnight Oats calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!