A little spicy, a lot cheesy, and all together delicious. I might go so far as to say that this Baked Cheddar Jalapeño Dip with Panko Topping is straight up addicting. When you take this dip out from under the broiler and see the bubbly, gooey cheese on top you’re going to want to take that chip and dive right in.
Table of Contents
About this Dip
But what’s not to love!?! A salty, savory smooth cheese beside a little bit of heat. I’m totally leaning on the opposites attract idea because this combination works!
And why not turn it into a dip that you can serve with tortilla chips, crisp veggies, on top of nachos. The possibilities are endless, but all I know is this dip is ADDICTING.
The base is a combination of greek yogurt, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar (along with jalapeños of course). And it’s all topped with a super crispy panko topping elevated with butter and parmesan. Make this dip and holy heck you’ll never be at a loss for what type of app you should serve at your party again.
- Canned Jalapeños - Canned jalapeños have a bit less heat compared to fresh jalapeños and they're also softer than fresh peppers making them perfect for this smooth, creamy dip.
- Cream Cheese - There is so much flavor in this dip that full fat cream cheese isn’t necessary and I used ⅓ Light. The cream cheese helps thicken up the dip.
- Greek Yogurt - This makes the Cheddar Jalapeño Dip so so creamy. It also adds a fair amount of protein too.
- Cheddar Cheese - Mixed in before baking so it gets nice and melty.
- Panko Crumbs - Panko gets a better crunch as compared to bread crumbs making them the perfect topping to this soft and creamy dip.
- Green Onion - Adds a bit of freshness to our super savory dip.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Drain canned jalapeños and add to a mixing bowl with cream cheese, plain greek yogurt, garlic powder, paprika, and sriracha.
2. Use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients together. Add in cheddar cheese and stir to combine. In another mixing bowl, add melted butter, panko crumbs, parmesan, and green onion. Stir together until the panko crumbs have absorbed the butter.
3. Grease a baking dish (I used a 8” skillet) and pour the dip into it. Add the panko crumble evenly distributed on top.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dip is hot throughout. Broil for 2-3 minutes at the end to get an ooey, gooey, golden, baked beauty of a dip!
This Cheddar Jalapeño Dip is best when it’s bubbly right out of the oven, but it will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Store in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
In a pinch if it’s all you have, go for it, but I do recommend panko as your topping will be much crispier and not as for a lack of a better term “bready”.
Definitely! You’ll just need gluten free Panko which is pretty easy to find, but otherwise you’re good to go!
For more spice, add a bit more sriracha or a few sliced raw jalapeños. Fore less spice leave out the sriracha - the canned jalapeños are fairly mild and most people can handle them.
Tortilla chips are a classic but I also love to have crackers (I’m looking at you Ritz) with this dip. Fresh veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and celery are also great options. If you wanna really get fancy with it, spread some on a tortilla, maybe add some chicken and fry up as a quesadilla. YUM.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Baked Cheddar Jalapeño Dip with Panko Topping
- small casserole dish or skillet
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- Hand Mixer
- 4 oz canned and drained jalapeños
- 8 oz ⅓ lightened cream cheese
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt, Two Good
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sririacha
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
For the Panko Topping
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup parmesan
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain canned jalapeños and add to a mixing bowl with cream cheese, plain greek yogurt, garlic powder, paprika, and sriracha.
- Use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients together. Add in cheddar cheese and stir to combine
- In another mixing bowl, add melted butter, Panko crumbs, parmesan, and green onion. Stir together until the Panko crumbs have absorbed the butter.
- Grease a baking dish (I used a 8” skillet) and pour the dip into it. Add the panko crumble evenly distributed on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dip is hot throughout. Broil for 2-3 minutes at the end to get an ooey, gooey, golden, baked beauty of a dip!!!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find CHEDDAR JALAPEÑO DIP calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!