The title of this recipe really speaks for itself: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins. After developing the Special K Red Berry Breakfast Muffins, I thought what other cereals would also make a tasty recipe. They taste like a decadent coffee cake, but in muffin and childhood form.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch doesn't have to stay in a bowl...
Who said cereal has to be restricted to a bowl and eaten with milk and a spoon? I'm definitely not discrediting the perfection of a classic bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (cereal was truly its own food group in my house growing up), but these muffins are changing the game.
These muffins are 100% kid approved, but are also perfect for as a sweet treat along side your morning coffee, as a mid afternoon pick-me-up, or as a delicious dessert. Try one with a pat of butter on top and warmed in the microwave. Mmmmm I can smell the cinnamon aromatics already.
Ingredients for these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins:
To make the muffins you'll need: All purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, white cane sugar, nut milk, egg, and butter.
For the streusel topping you'll need: Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, light brown sugar, flour, and butter.
Equipment you'll need
So how do we make these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins?
Just a few simple steps before you're enjoying this delicious treat:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine your wet ingredients (egg, milk, and melted butter) in a small bowl. Then, combine your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar).
- Next, gradually fold in wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated and smooth throughout,
- Scoop your batter into a sprayed or lined muffin tin.
- Next make your streusel topping by combing the ingredients into a small bowl. Don't over mix as you still want chunks of your Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Then top each muffin with cinnamon crumble.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Your cinnamon toast crunch muffin questions answered:
How should I store these muffins? Store in an airtight container on the counter for two to three days or in the refrigerator for one week. Be sure to keep it covered. If you don't, it'll dry out quickly.
Can these muffins be frozen? Absolutely! Allow them to come to room temperature before placing in an airtight container for freezer storage up to 3 months. You can also wrap these individually in Saran Wrap before freezing so it’s easy to take one at a time when you’re ready for it. You can reheat from frozen in the microwave in 30 second intervals (unwrapped) on a microwave safe plate.
Can I make these with another cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the star of the show in these muffins, but feel free to switch it up! Some other suggestions that I think would pair well with this sweet cinnamon muffin include Frosted Flakes, frosted mini wheats, Honey Nut or Cinnamon Cheerios, cinnamon Chex, or Golden Grahams!
Do I need to use muffin liners? Nope! But if you’re keeping them bare be sure to spray your muffin tin with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Can I make these vegan? Yep! Just swap out the butter for a vegan butter alternative and use a flax egg! Here is a good post on how to make a flax egg.
How about making these gluten free? You can use a gluten free 1:1 baking flour OR sub GF oat flour, also in a 1:1 ratio. I don't suggest almond or coconut flour as these ratios will be different.
If you love these muffins you'll also love....
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins
- Muffin baking pan (12 muffins)
- Muffin liner
- Mixing bowls
- Conventional oven
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup white cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nut milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch, crushed or pureed
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in seperate bowls
- Gradually fold in wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Scoop into spreayed or lined muffin pan
- Top with cinnamon crumble
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or until completely cooked
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins
1 serving: 36 grams Carbs | 8 grams Fat | 3 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.