The perfect slice banana bread is rich, fluffy, a little sweet, with the perfect ratio of mix-ins. This Moist Blueberry Banana Bread falls nothing short of that. It's simple and classic, but oh so delicious.
About this Banana Bread
I believe the best recipes come from special memories. And when I think of blueberries (the main star of this Moist Blueberry Banana Bread recipe), I think about blueberry picking in northern Michigan with my sisters and our grandpa. We'd stain our hands purple from eating endless pails and pails of the beautiful berries before even leaving the berry farm. It was impressive some of the them even made it home.
This Moist Blueberry Banana Bread is warm, hearty, and delicious right out of the oven and refrigerated overnight. It's crunchy corners and borderline doughy center are just wonderful. A perfect snack or breakfast!
Fun note: This recipe is also the result of the endless banana bread memes from 2020's quarantine. I couldn't help myself! You can also try my Funfetti Pancake Bread, Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Healthier Pumpkin Banana Bread, or Greek Yogurt Lemon Bread if you want to try another tasty quick bread recipe. I think you'd love these Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins, too!
- Blueberries: I just love how these berries burst with flavor in your mouth. They bring a beautiful sweetness to baking. You can use fresh or frozen. If you choose frozen, be sure to drain the extra juice.
- Bananas: The base flavor of our bread. You want them spotty so they're soft and sweet.
- Butter: Rich and creamy, this will help keep our bread soft and moist. I know there's plenty of butter substitutes in baking recipes, but I highly suggest using the real deal for a decadent loaf.
- Almond Extract: Use sparingly as the flavor can get quite intense! But a little bit brings out the fruity flavors so well.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and grease your 4x8 loaf pan. Combine bananas, eggs, sugar, almond extract, and room temperature butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Fold in all remaining ingredients except the blueberries. Mix until no clumps remain.
3. Carefully fold in most of the blueberries trying to avoid breaking their skin. Save some for the top!
4. Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with additional blueberries and sprinkled cane sugar if desired for even more sweetness. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until middle of loaf is cooked through. Let cool slightly, slice and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. I like to cover individual slices with saran wrap before adding to the freezer so I can pull one out and heat in the microwave whenever I'm craving just a slice.
Yes, but let them thaw (or heat for 20-30 seconds in the microwave) and drain the juice before folding into the bread batter. Failing to drain the extra juice will result in a soggy loaf.
An 8x4 baking pan will result in a thicker, denser, low sugar pumpkin bread (my suggestion), while a 9x5 will be slightly more crumbly since the batter is spread a bit thinner and can bake more thoroughly. Either will work!
Slice up this Moist Blueberry Banana Bread and serve it warm or cold with jam, almond butter, or honey for a delicious breakfast with a cup of coffee or for a quick, yummy snack. Top it with powdered sugar or crumble it up on top of your favorite ice cream.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Moist Blueberry Banana Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- 4x8 loaf pan
- Rubber scraper
- Measuring Cups
- Conventional oven
- 1 cup fresh-washed blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup blueberries, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 4×8 loaf pan.
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, almond extract, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in all remaining ingredients except the blueberries. Mix until no clumps remain.
- Carefully fold in blueberries. Be sure to save a few for the top.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with additional blueberries and sprinkled cane sugar if desired for even more sweetness.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Blueberry Banana Bread
calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!