I believe the best recipes come from special memories. And when I think of blueberries (the main star of this Blueberry Banana Bread recipe), I think about blueberry picking in northern Michigan with my sisters and our grandpa. We'd stain our hands purple from eating endless pails and pails of the beautiful berries before even leaving the berry farm. It was impressive some of the them even made it home.
This Blueberry Banana Bread is warm, hearty, and delicious right out of the oven and refrigerated overnight. It's crunchy corners and borderline doughy center are just wonderful. A perfect snack or breakfast!
Fun note: This Blueberry Banana Bread recipe is also the result of the endless banana bread memes from 2020's quarantine. I couldn't help myself!
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Ingredients for this Blueberry Banana Bread
Blueberries: I just love how these berries burst with flavor in your mouth. They bring a beautiful sweetness to baking.
Bananas: The base flavor of our bread. It's such a classic.
Eggs: These will help combine our wet and dry ingredients into a fabulous batter.
All-Purpose Flour: Provides structure.
Cane Sugar: To add some more sweet flavor.
Butter: Rich and creamy, this will help keep our bread soft and moist. You can also use this to grease your loaf pan. Make sure it's at room temperature so it's easier to incorporate into the batter.
Almond Extract: Use sparingly as the flavor can get quite intense! But a little bit contrasts so well with our sweet, fruity flavors.
Baking Powder and Soda: To help provide structure and make our bread rise.
Salt: We just need a pinch to balance our flavors.
Cinnamon: The perfect finishing touch to anything banana!
Equipment used for this recipe
How to make Blueberry Banana Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease your 4x8 loaf pan.
2. Combine bananas, eggs, almond extract, and room temperature butter in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the cane sugar.
4. Fold in all remaining ingredients except the blueberries.
5. Carefully fold in blueberries. Be sure to save some for the very top.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with additional blueberries and sprinkled cane sugar if desired for even more sweetness.
7. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until middle of loaf is cooked through.
Baking Notes and Substitutions
I've tested this recipe with almond flour and it does NOT work well. Others have subbed the same ratio of cassava flour for all-purpose flour and it turned out great. Monkfruit sweetener has also been used and enjoyed.
How to enjoy your Blueberry Banana Bread
There are so many flavors that complement banana, so feel free to omit the blueberries and try something else! Chocolate or butterscotch chips, peach chunks, peanut butter, or chopped up pieces of your favorite candy bar would taste fantastic in this bread recipe!
Slice up this Blueberry Banana Bread and serve it warm or cold with jam, almond butter, or honey for a delicious breakfast with a cup of coffee or for a quick, yummy snack. Top it with powdered sugar or crumble it up on top of your favorite ice cream.
It would even be great for your meal prep rotation as it's easy and quick to bake and stores well.
I can't wait to hear how you decide to enjoy this amazing Blueberry Banana Bread!
Looking for more bread recipes?
You'll love this fruity breakfast baking recipe too! Frosted Strawberry Pop Tarts
Blueberry Banana Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- 4x8 loaf pan
- Rubber scraper
- Measuring Cups
- Conventional oven
- 1 cup frozen or fresh-washed blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup blueberries, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease your 4×8 loaf pan.
- Combine bananas, eggs, almond extract, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the cane sugar.
- Fold in all remaining ingredients except the blueberries.
- Carefully fold in blueberries. Be sure to save some for the very top.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with additional blueberries and sprinkled cane sugar if desired for even more sweetness.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until middle of loaf is cooked through.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Blueberry Banana Bread
1 slice: 40 grams Carbs | 13 grams Fat | 4 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.