The fresh, clean, and crisp flavors in this one bowl, easy Mediterranean Chopped Salad will make you feel like a million bucks. It's so tasty, versatile, and meal prep friendly!
Table of Contents
About this Salad
If you haven’t caught on by now, I REALLY love Mediterranean food. Like, it’s my GO TO and by far favorite cuisine. This Mediterranean Chopped Salad is so easy. Seriously, just some chopping and some mixing and you're good to go. It’s a one bowl recipe—THE ABSOLUTE BEST!
In this salad, you'll find crisp and fresh vegetables, protein-filled chickpeas, savory Mediterranean herbs, and creamy feta cheese, all tossed in a light and delicious Greek dressing. The fresh aroma and flavor will make you feel like your basking in the warm Grecian sun with the sea breeze blowing through your hair. I'm NOT exaggerating! This salad is immaculate.
Serve yourMediterranean Chopped Salad alongside your favorite protein, stuff into a wrap, or eat straight from the bowl you made it in. I wouldn't be surprised if it became your new favorite lunch!
- Chickpeas: I LOVE chickpeas! They are incredibly healthy and full of delicious protein. You can enjoy them raw or crisped up in the oven. The best part is that they're great at taking on the flavors you use to season them!
- Veggies: This salad is all about the veggies. The recipe includes onion, tomato, cucumber, bell peppers, and beets for a variety of fresh flavors and textures.
- Dressing: I used this light Greek dressing. I found it at my local Kroger. Any Greek dressing or vinaigrette would honestly go well with this salad.
- Feta Cheese: A classic Mediterranean cheese and my FAVORITE cheese. The salty tanginess and crumbly texture pairs so well with so many dishes.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Wash and dice all produce: red onion, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, fresh beets (I love the ones ready to go from Trader Joes), and dill.
2.Next, add all the vegetables to your salad bowl along with feta cheese.
3. Top your salad with fresh cracked pepper and dressing. Toss so everything is well coated with dressing. Enjoy!
This salad recipe is vegetarian and also gluten free. To make it dairy-free/vegan, omit the feta cheese and/or use a dairy-free alternative. Do, however, make sure to check your dressing for ingredients that may fall outside of these categories.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days. Note that the salad is packed with fresh veggies, which means there may be some excess water. Just use a slotted spoon when scooping to drain any extra liquid.
I used a store-bought Greek dressing for convenience. However, if you want to make your own, try my Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette. It's very similar to a Greek vinaigrette, but it uses lemon juice in place of red wine vinegar, which is traditionally used. So, if you're looking to keep it more traditional, just make the swap!
This salad is tasty as is, or add some meat if you'd like. Chopped grilled chicken or salmon goes great. You could also stuff it inside a pita and eat it sandwich style.
You can eat chickpeas with the skin on, but a lot of people prefer them with the skin off. It is a bit tedious to remove the skin, so it’s just a matter of how much time you’ve got. To remove, hold each chickpea between your thumb and index finger. Then, pinch the skin off with your thumb and index finger on your other hand. Discard the skins in the trash when complete.
Dill is a delicate herb, so wait to wash until you use it. Submerge in lukewarm tap water and stir to remove the dirt. Place on a clean dish towel and pat dry. Then, strip the leaves away from the stems. I find kitchen scissors best for this. Lastly, chop the leaves finely.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- large salad bowl
- Cutting Board
- Rubber Spatula
- Can opener
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas
- ¼ cup red onion
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup cucumbers
- ⅔ cup bell peppers, approx. 6 mini peppers
- ½ cup fresh beets
- pinch cracked pepper
- ¼ cup light greek dressing
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
- Wash and dice all produce: red onion, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, fresh beets (I love the pre-cooked ones Trader Joes), and dill.
- Next, add the vegetables to your salad bowl and toss with cracked pepper and Greek dressing.
- Then, toss in feta cheese.
- Enjoy your salad as is or grab your favorite pita bread. I also love it on a bed of greens with grilled chicken!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Mediterranean Chopped Salad calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!