You don't need to be an expert baker to bring these mini Cream Cheese Apple Danish pastries to life. All the hard work is done for you thanks to some frozen puff pastry. They're soft, warm, gooey, and sweet—the perfect little treats!
About these danishes
Do you like toaster strudel? Well, these mini Apple Cream Cheese Apple Danish pastries are the ultimate adult version. Bites of baked apples, gooey cream cheese, warm puff pastry, and sweet powdered sugar!
Pre-made puff pastry is the way to go here. Find them in the frozen section right by the pies. They make baking these danishes so simple and easy, especially if you don't consider yourself a baker.
There's no reason you can't bring these delicious bites to life as an appetizer or dessert! DOn't stop at danishes, these Homemade Frosted Strawberry Pop Tarts are made with puff pastry, too! Or try these Homemade S'mores Pop Tarts made with store bought pie crust.
- Rockit™ Apples: I used 9 of these mini apples. They're absolutely perfect for this recipe! If you're using regular sized apples, you'll need about 4 of them.
- Puff Pastry Dough: I picked some up in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Cream Cheese: We want this to be softened, so leave out to come to room temperature before you get ready to assemble the danish.
- Sugar: I used cane sugar. We will mix this with the cream cheese to create a sweeter, frosting like spread.
- Egg White: We'll use this as a wash for the pastries to get them perfectly golden.
- Powdered Sugar: A dusting of powdered sugar is perfect way to top of these pockets of deliciousness!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly flour a surface and spread room temperature pastry dough flat.
2. Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the pastry into 18 equal squares.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Then, scoop mixture into a piping bag and use to fill pastry squares with batter.
4. Slice Rockit™ Apples thinly and layer onto cheese + pastry combo.
5. Fold the puff pastries into squares and brush with egg wash.
6. Gently twist the four corners of each pastry together to wrap the cheese filling. Then, sprinkle with cane sugar. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Be sure to ‘twist’ the puff pastry so it’s tight before baking. If you need, use egg wash on your hands to then wrap it. It will help it ‘stick’ a bit more. Also, allow the puff pastry to completely thaw before using it. It will greatly help the baking process.
Depending on how well each pastry puff is tied on the top, some might ‘untie’ and the cheese will expand. If you don't want this to happen and want to maintain the presentation, fill the danish with less cream cheese or less apples.
I like to use cream cheese because it’s spreadable, but other soft cheeses will also work! Brie would also be delicious. I would just use less/omit the sugar to make it more savory.
Store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Do note, however, the pastry won't be as delicate after a day or so of storage. To avoid soggy pastry, enjoy fresh out of the oven.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Cream Cheese Apple Danish
- Baking sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- measuring cups / spoons
- Hand Mixer
- Piping bag
- Pizza Cutter
- 9 Rockit™ Apples
- 2 packs of frozen puff pastry
- 1-2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup egg white wash
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly flour a surface and spread room temperature pastry dough flat.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the pastry into 18 equal squares.
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Then, scoop mixture into a piping bag and use to fill pastry squares with batter. You can also do this with a spoon.
- Slice Rockit™ Apples thinly and layer onto cheese + pastry combo.
- Fold the puff pastries into squares and brush with egg wash.
- Gently twist the four corners of each pastry together to wrap the cheese filling. Then, sprinkle with cane sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find MINI APPLE CREAM CHEESE DANISH calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Courtney Paige says
THESE ARE BAKERY LEVEL DELICIOUS!! Puff pastry can do no wrong.
Sydney Van Acker says
not only tasty but talk about GORGEOUS. these are so beautiful to add to a holiday spread and so so easy, too