Who else is team SAVORY breakfast foods?! Of course, I do love a plate of decadent French toast and a fluffy stack of blueberry pancakes, but something about a saltier, spicier dish just hits the mark more often. This Savory Breakfast Flatbread is a great option when your sweet tooth isn't going wild. It's also a great brunch option!
I put a Mediterranean twist on this one, but you can really customize it however you'd like. Topped with tons of veggies, hummus, eggs however you like 'em, creamy goat cheese, and finished off with a shiny balsamic glaze, it's a simple way to enjoy your morning meal without having to choke down a dry mini muffin.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Ingredients for Savory Breakfast Flatbread
Eggs: A breakfast/brunch classic and a great source of protein! Affordable, versatile, and so easy to make.
Naan Bread: The smell of warm Naan bread is one I'll never get over. It makes the perfect base for our Savory Breakfast Flatbread because it will crisp in the oven and be just as crunchy as a pizza crust.
Hummus: It's so much more than a dip for snacks. Using it as a spread will bring so much depth to our flatbread and add a Mediterranean twist. In this recipe, we'll be using a roasted garlic flavor. Feel free to use whatever kind you'd like best!
White Onion: This veggie will help add some crunch.
Mushrooms: This flatbread is a great way to sneak some more veggies into our meals. Mushrooms have a strong flavor that will work nicely our hummus spread.
Cherry Tomatoes: Another delicious veggie! I love seeing the skin burst on these because of their rich color develops even more. Plus, they're tasty!
Goat Cheese: Sooooo creamy. This also adds to our Mediterranean theme.
Balsamic Glaze: This is the cherry on top of this recipe. It helps pull together all of our roasted Mediterranean flavors.
Cooking Oil: To aid in our veggie preparation.
How to make Savory Breakfast Flatbread
This Savory Breakfast Flatbread is so simple to make. Prior to assembling, it’s helpful to have all ingredients prepared and ready.
1. Heat a sauce pan to medium heat and spray cooking oil. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Let them caramelize for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Remove veggies and place them aside on a plate. Re-spray the pan and fry 2 eggs to your liking—you can make them sunny side up, over easy, scrambled...whatever you like!
3. On a piece of naan, spread your choice of sauce. I used a roasted garlic hummus.
4. Layer on crumbled goat cheese, sautéed veggies, and cooked eggs.
5. Set the oven to broil and place assembled flatbread in for 2-3 minutes on an oven safe pan. Be sure to watch closely because it will burn quickly.
6. Remove your warm flatbread from the oven and drizzle balsamic glaze over finished product.
7. Enjoy immediately! 🙂
Brunch your own way
There are so many flavor combinations that will yield you a savory and satisfying breakfast flatbread. Here are some ideas:
Use pesto, parmesan cheese, and breakfast sausages for an Italian twist.
Create an avocado toast flatbread and top with eggs, Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning, and hot sauce!
If you are leaning towards the lunch side of brunch, try tomato sauce, freshly sliced mozzarella, and your favorite vegetables and herbs to make a healthy flatbread pizza.
Decided on something sweet instead? Spread Nutella, add some strawberry and/or banana slices, and a few dollops of Cool Whip for a dessert flatbread. What a treat!
Other breakfast recipes to try
Savory Breakfast Flatbread
- Non-stick pan
- sheet pan
- Cutting Board
- 3-5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2½ oz goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice Naan bread
- ¼ cup hummus, or alternate spread
- ¼ cup white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Heat a sauce pan to medium heat and spray cooking oil. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Let them caramelize for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove veggies and place them aside on a plate. Re-spray the pan and fry 2 eggs to your liking—you can make them sunny side up, over easy, scrambled…whatever you like!
- On a piece of naan, spread your choice of sauce. I used a roasted garlic hummus.
- Layer on crumbled goat cheese, sautéed veggies, and cooked eggs.
- Set the oven to broil and place assembled flatbread in for 2-3 minutes on an oven safe pan. Be sure to watch closely because it will burn quickly.
- Remove your warm flatbread from the oven and drizzle balsamic glaze over finished product.
- Enjoy immediately!
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Savory Breakfast Flatbread
1 serving: 77 grams Carbs | 38 grams Fat | 33 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.