Ahhh, the sophisticated truffle. Such a fancy treat. They seem like they'd be complicated to make, but these Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles require just few steps and the process is a ton of fun!
About these Truffles
Nothing beats a chocolate and peanut butter combo and when it's a no bake recipe with just a few steps, count me in. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles are creamy little bite size treats I highly encourage you whip up.
These truffles are a perfect addition to date night or to enjoy as dessert any night of the week. Enjoy with your favorite evening drink and let the chocolate and peanut butter melt in your mouth as you unwind from the day.
- Peanut Butter: When you bite into these truffles, the creamy peanut butter will melt in your mouth. Amazingggg.
- Coconut Flour: To help bind our wet ingredients and give them structure. If you choose a flour substitute, your likely going to need a bit more because coconut flour is super absorbant.
- Honey: For sweetness and it acts as a sticky binding ingredient. You could also substitute maple syrup.
- Chocolate Chips: Milk, semi-sweet, or dark. Pick your preference!
- Flaky Sea Salt: A MUST for topping. Just a little for that sweet and salty combo takes these truffles to the next level.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a mixing bowl, stir creamy peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. Add in coconut flour and pinch of salt. Stir until combined.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper to form batter into balls and place on sheet. Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
4. While the truffles are in the freezer. Prepare the chocolate coating. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with coconut oil and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time. Drizzle on peanut butter balls (or dunk) and immediately top with flaky sea salt while the chocolate is still wet. Freeze again until chocolate hardens and enjoy!
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. You can also pop them into the freezer for up to 5 months.
It’s likely your chocolate has burned or “seized." This is why you need to stir it thoroughly between intervals and do not do more intervals than needed (I find three 30 second intervals is the prime amount of time). If you catch the burning chocolate early enough, you may be able to save it by whisking in a tablespoon of water and mixing gently in an attempt to loosen the seized clumps.
Enjoy these truffles as a snack between meals or as dessert at the end of the day. These truffles will pair wonderfully with a warm cup of coffee or tea, a glass of red wine, and your favorite Netflix show.
These also make a delicious gift! Share with someone you love just because or for a special celebration. They're easy to pack, make, share, and enjoy. 🙂
Make sure the flour is combined well with the peanut butter. It should result in a cookie dough texture. You’re also going to want to use CREAMY peanut butter. It needs some oil to mix well!
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Ice cream scoop
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- flaky sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, stir creamy peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- At the same time, add in coconut flour and pinch of salt. Stir until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper to form batter into balls and place on sheet.
- Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- While the truffles harden, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with coconut oil and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth, stirring between each interval.
- Drizzle on peanut butter balls.
- Top with flaky sea salt.
- Freeze again until chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Healthy Peanut Butter Truffle calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!