This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Ahhh, the sophisticated truffle. Such a fancy treat. They seem like they'd be complicated to make, but these Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles require few steps and the process is a ton of fun! They'll make your mouth water: warm, melted chocolate and sea salt on top.
These truffles are a perfect addition to date night or to enjoy as dessert any night of the week. Enjoy with your favorite evening drink and let the chocolate and peanut butter melt in your mouth as you unwind from the day.
Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles Ingredients
Creamy Peanut Butter: When you bite into these truffles, you want the peanut butter to melt in your mouth. Because of that, I recommend the creamy kind.
Coconut Flour: To help bind our wet ingredients and give them structure.
Honey: One of the ways we add sweetness!
Vanilla Extract: Another way to add sweetness.
Salt: Sweet & salty. Yum!
Milk or Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips: Pick your preference! I also think white chocolate or dark would be tasty - just different flavors.
Coconut Oil: This will add both shine and smoothness to our chocolate coating.
Flaky Sea Salt: For topping.
Equipment to make these Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles
How to make them
1. In a mixing bowl, stir creamy peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
2. At the same time, add in coconut flour and pinch of salt. Stir until combined.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper to form batter into balls and place on sheet.
4. Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
4. After removing from the freezer, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with coconut oil and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time.
5. Drizzle on peanut butter balls.
6. Top with flaky sea salt.
7. Freeze again until chocolate hardens.
You can store these truffles in a freezer safe dish for 1 week.
How to enjoy these Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles
Enjoy these truffles as a snack between meals or as dessert at the end of the day. These truffles will pair wonderfully with a warm cup of coffee or tea, a glass of red wine, and your favorite Netflix show.
These also make a delicious gift! Share with someone you love just because or for a special celebration. They're easy to pack, make, share, and enjoy. 🙂
Healthy Peanut Butter Truffles
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Ice cream scoop
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- flaky sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, stir creamy peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- At the same time, add in coconut flour and pinch of salt. Stir until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scooper to form batter into balls and place on sheet.
- Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- After removing from the freezer, prepare the chocolate coating. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with coconut oil and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth, stirring each time.
- Drizzle on peanut butter balls.
- Top with flaky sea salt.
- Freeze again until chocolate hardens.
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Healthy Peanut Butter Truffle
1 truffle: 16 grams Carbs | 17 grams Fat | 7 grams Protein
NOTE: the nutrition label below is auto-generated and often does not include specific brands or types of ingredients. Example: fat free milk vs. whole milk, chicken breast vs. chicken thigh, etc.
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.