A thin and crisp base is layered with whipped cheese spread, sweet strawberries, fresh basil, and topped off with a drizzle of balsamic and sprinkle of red pepper flakes. These Strawberry Crostinis are bursting with flavors that will excite the tastebuds and make everyone think you're a culinary genius!
Table of Contents
About these Crostinis
This recipe makes simple seem so fancy. These Strawberry Crostinis are made with just 5 ingredients and come together in just 5 minutes, yet they feel like something that would be served at an elegant dinner party or holiday brunch.
These crostinis have a crispbread base, so there's no extra work of toasting a bread loaf. The crispbreads are spread with creamy, savory cheese. And to top it off there's freshly sliced strawberries and basil leaves with a tasty balsamic drizzle.
These Strawberry Crostinis are similar to bruschetta, but with a sweeter twist (but if you like bruschetta, you ought to try this Bruschetta Pasta Salad). I like to serve these crostinis up alongside other finger foods as an app when I'm hosting, or even just on a random Tuesday afternoon when I'm looking for something to snack on.
- Crostinis - I used Wasa gluten free crisps and loved the flavor + texture of them. You could use any other crisp, cracker, or toasted bread.
- Strawberries - The sweet flavor of fresh strawberries pairs very well with the tang of the whipped cheese and the aromatic basil.
- Basil - The fresh bite of basil pairs so well with these strawberry cheese crisps! I suggest one fresh basil leaf per crisp bread.
- Cheese - You want to use something spreadable. Whipped feta, ricotta, cream cheese or any other type of spreadable cheese works! Trader Joe's now has Unexpected Cheddar Spread that would be unreal on these crostinis.
- Balsamic Glaze - A little drizzle does the trick and will take the flavor of these strawberry basil crispbreads from an 8 to a 10 real quick! The one I used has a chili reduction for the perfect bite of flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes - These may seem unusual for topping with this snack, but I promise you it's tasty. The kick of heat brings alllllll the other flavors together.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. First prepare your crostinis. If you're using crackers like me, no prepping required. If you're using bread, toast in the toaster, air fryer or oven until crisp.
2. Carefully spread the whipped feta cheese on each cracker with a spoon or knife.
3. Thinly slice strawberries and layer onto your crostini & cheese base.
4. Top with fresh basil, drizzle with balsamic, and sprinkle a few red pepper flakes if desired and enjoy!
I don't recommend storing these for more than a few hours. Once assembled, the base will lose its crisp texture if left to sit for an extended period. This recipe takes just 5 minutes to make, so enjoy just after assembly!
Absolutely! Strawberries aren't the only option. I think blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches, or mangos are also tasty options. Or go more traditional and use tomatoes!
If you're using bread instead of the crispbread crackers, I suggest a baguette. Slice into ½ inch thick pieces, drizzle with a little olive oil and toast in the oven at 425°F for 5-8 minutes.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
- Cutting Board
- 3 crostinis / crackers of choice, I use Wasa Gluten Free
- 4-6 strawberries
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ cup spreadable cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Slice the strawberries and finely cut strips of basil.
- Carefully spread the whipped feta cheese on each crostini with a spoon or knife.
- Then, layer strawberries on each cracker.
- Sprinkle with basil and red pepper flakes.
- Top with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Strawberry Basil Crispbreads calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!