This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
It doesn’t get much easier than this my friends, Vegetable Kabobs with my favorite chicken sausage and sides for a winning dinner. I’m all about quick and easy meals with big flavor and these sausage kabobs are just that. Plus it’s so fun to eat kabobs, makes me feel like it’s summer and I’m lounging by the pool … now that’s the dream.
And thanks to my secret weapon and favorite kitchen appliance, the Ninja Foodi Grill, this entire dinner comes together much faster and simpler. It’s one of those meals that Jack and I can prepare together, pop in the Ninja Foodi Grill, then step back and relax as everything cooks itself.
Roasted Vegetable & Sausage Kabob Ingredients
One of my favorite things about kabobs is how versatile they are. I mean you can truly use whatever you’d like for these as long as it stays poked on the stick and won’t melt while cooking. For these vegetable kabobs I used three different colored vegetables and my favorite prepared chicken sausage but get creative with your own. I’ll share some more ideas below and let me know if you give them a try!
- For the meat, I prefer using a garlic & asiago or spinach & feta prepared chicken sausage but any type will do. You can also use chicken, steak, or anytime of meat you’d like.
- For a vegan version, simply leave the meat off! I’ve never experimented with using tofu in this recipe but feel free to give it a go.
- For the vegetables, there are so many options!
- Broccoli, cauliflower, red/green peppers, onion, purple cabbage, zucchini, summer squash, snap peas, mushrooms, and more.
- Another option to elevate these kabobs is to make it asian inspired with some pineapple and a teriyaki sauce.
- For some heat, add some hot peppers to the mix and for some texture, add diced potatoes!
My Favorite Way to Grill Kabobs
We all know that grill season is the best season but unfortunately it’s not year around (at least for most of us) Cue the dramatic entrance of indoor Ninja Foodi Grill that makes grill season flavor possible 24/7. And I’m not being dramatic (or paid) when I say this, I love my Ninja Foodi grill!
It’s truly the best kitchen appliance I own because it makes cooking so much easier. For instance, this meal could easily take over an hour by just using a conventional oven but the Ninja Foodi grill cuts that cook time in half. Plus there’s so many ways to use it and get creative, it’s perfect for any food lover.
And if you’re interested in learning more about it or possibly gifting to yourself or another this holiday season (or anytime let’s be honest), check it out ! This is my affiliate link so that if you do purchase the Ninja Foodi grill, it supports me too. Goodness all around, am I right?
A Dish that makes you look more prepared than you are (at least for me)
Let’s be real, we all know that the key to success is to work smarter not harder. I’m here to remind you that it also applies in the kitchen! As I said before, this meal could have been a much longer and more laborious task but thanks to buying pre-prepared foods + the Ninja Foodi Grill, it was quick and simple.
For so long I thought everything had to be made from scratch but that isn’t true. Buying foods such as precooked chicken sausage, pre-chopped veggies, and these easy microwave rice packs save me SO much time and stress.
It’s also why I’m such a fan of kitchen appliances that help simplify tasks. A few of my other favorites for working smarter in the kitchen include air fryers, hand mixers, high speed blenders, and so forth. That being said, you do not need these!
But if you’re looking to invest in something, ask yourself “will this help me work smarter in the kitchen?” And especially with the holidays, don’t be afraid to ask for kitchen gadgets and appliances, I personally love receiving them. If you’re still shopping for the Foodie in your life, check out my holiday gift guide here.
Vegetable and Sausage Kabobs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, orange, yellow, or green work too
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 package chicken sausage, sub for any meat
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat Ninja Foodi Grill (or oven) to 500F
- Chop your vegetables into large pieces to poke onto the kabobs.
- In a bowl, combine all chopped veggies then drizzle the tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle the salt + garlic overtop. Toss the veggies to coat with light layer of oil and seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut prepared chicken sausage or meat of choice into cube sized pieces, big enough to poke onto the kabob stick. Set aside.
- Prepare your kabob sticks according to package directions and then start assembling! I alternate between veggies and meat but do whatever pattern you'd like.
- Once all kabobs are complete, cook in your preheated Ninja Foodi Grill or oven for about 40 - 45 minutes. You'll know they're done when the veggies are softening and started to get crisp edges.
- Serve over a bed of rice, alongside potatoes crisps, with a sauce or dressing, get creative!
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!