This Watermelon Feta Salad is sweet, tart, and so refreshing on a hot, sunny summer day. Enjoy it as a light lunch, colorful side to grilled burgers or chicken, or flavorful snack!
About this Salad
Does anything scream summer more than lugging home a gigantic, juicy watermelon? I love slicing it up, admiring its beautiful color, popping it in the refrigerator, and biting into a nice, cold slice after a day in the sun. While watermelon is a beloved, handheld summer snack, there are many other ways to enjoy it, too!
This Watermelon Mint Feta Salad is sweet, tart, and so refreshing on a hot, sunny summer day. It's also an incredibly gorgeous pop of color that will draw everyone to the table eager to give it a try!
Enjoy it as a light lunch, colorful side to grilled burgers or chicken, or flavorful snack! It also pairs well with many summer cocktails and is a great meal prep option. And if you're looking for more fresh and fruity salad recipes, also check out this Strawberry Quinoa Salad, this Peach Burrata Salad, Triple Berry Summer Salad, or this Blueberry Cucumber Salad that I think you'll love, too!
- Watermelon: The fruit of the summer! So refreshing. If you're not a fan of watermelon or want to try something else, try substituting a crisp, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, or even mango! Blueberries and raspberries would also add gorgeous color and flavor.
- Strawberries: I like the additional texture strawberries add to our fruit salad. You can just use additional watermelon if you prefer.
- Feta Cheese: The tangy, saltiness pairs so well with the sweetness from the fruit.
- Mint Leaves: Fresh herbs take any dish to the next level. I highly recommend AGAINST using dried herbs in this recipe.
- Lime Juice: A little citrus brightens this Salad and pulls all of our flavors together. It acts as like a dressing in this recipe.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Cut watermelon into cubes (see notes below for helpful tips!)
2. Rinse strawberries and pat dry. Then dice into quarters.
3. Chop mint leaves into thin strips.
4. In a serving bowl, combine watermelon cubes, strawberries, crumbled feta, and mint leaves. Toss gently.
5. Then, add lime juice & zest to top. Enjoy cold!
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Watermelon has a high water content, so you may have to drain some liquid from your storage container each day. Not to worry! You won’t lose any delicious flavor by doing this.
The easiest way to do this is by slicing the watermelon in half. Place each half facing down on a cutting board. Cut, creating 1-inch slices vertically. Then, holding the now sliced half together, cut 1-inch slices perpendicular. You will end up with sticks of watermelon. It’s very easy to slice the rind off and then dice the remaining stick up into cubes.
You can prepare the watermelon whatever way is easiest for you. This is just a good way to get the most out of the fruit. If you have time, it might be fun to use an ice cream scoop and scoop out spheres to create a fun shape!
You want a Goldilocks watermelon. Ripe, but not, too ripe. Complicated I know, but if its over-ripe it may be too squishy and juicy for this salad and if it is under-ripe it won't have much flavor.
Watermelons usually have sunspots where on them that range from white (unripe) to yellow (very ripe). You want one that is light yellow — a happy medium. If you're watermelon does happen to be extra juicy, just drain the excess liquid before adding to the bowl.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Watermelon Feta Salad
- Cutting Board
- Handheld juicer
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 10 mint leaves, chopped
- 5 cups watermelon, approx. ½ large watermelon
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- lime zest, to taste
- Cut watermelon into cubes. Not sure how to do this? I talk about it in my post above!
- Rinse strawberries in a strainer. Pat dry and then dice into quarters.
- Chop mint leaves into fine pieces.
- In a serving bowl, combine watermelon cubes, strawberries, crumbled feta, and mint leaves. Toss gently.
- Then, add lime juice & zest to top. Enjoy fresh or pair with a protein for a complete meal!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Watermelon Mint Feta Salad calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
This is an amazing salad to have during the summer. It’s so refreshing and delicious. It’s perfect to have for a dinner on the lake and at the next family grill out.
Sydney Van Acker says
This dish was so so refreshing and hydrating at the summer pot luck I took it to. Everyone loved it!
Courtney Paige says
Summery and perfect for those BBQ parties!