This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
These oey gooey, almond butter cookies melt in your mouth the second you sink your teeth in. I'm one of those people that truly believes everything is better with chocolate (I have been yet to be proven wrong). These cookies are no different; the melted, dreamy chocolate topping makes these cookies irresistible. They're SO easy to whip up and perfect for a quick treat after a meal, paired with your morning coffee, or literally just because you enjoy cookies (me too).
Ingredients to make these Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
These cookies are so easy to make and include simple ingredients. Here's what you need to make them:
- For the dough: almond butter, all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, chocolate chips
- Chocolate drizzle: milk chocolate & coconut oil
How to make these Almond Butter Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add in baking powder, brown sugar, and flour. Once everything is added, fold together.
- Now, gently mix in chocolate chips. If your dough is oily, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until oil is absorbed. This step just depends on how oily the nut butter is - I love Georgia Grinder's peanut butter or almond butter. If you'd like to purchase, you can use the discount code: PAIGE20.
- Form into balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the oven and baking sheet, allowing them too cool.
- For the milk chocolate drizzle, combine ½ cup milk chocolate with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals at a time, stirring after each interval (ensuring not to burn)..microwave for 2-3 times until chocolate is fully melted.
- After the almond blossom cookies cool, use a butter knife to drizzle chocolate topping on each cookie.
Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber scraper
- Baking sheet
- Conventional oven
- ½ cup almond butter, creamy, no salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate, for melted chocoalte topping
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for melted chocolate topping
- Combine almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl
- Add in baking powder, brown sugar, and flour... mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Form into balls, and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool
- Combine ½ cup milk chocoalte with 1 tsp of coconut oil and microwave for 30 second intervals at a time, stirring after each interval (usually need 2-3; be careful not to burn the chocolate).
- After cookies cool, use a butter knife to drizzle melted chocolate topping on each
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!