These oey gooey, almond butter cookies melt in your mouth the second you sink your teeth in. I'm one of those people that truly believes everything is better with chocolate (I have been yet to be proven wrong). These cookies are no different; the melted, dreamy chocolate topping makes these cookies irresistible. They're SO easy to whip up and perfect for a quick treat after a meal, paired with your morning coffee, or literally just because you enjoy cookies (me too).
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Ingredients to make these Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
These cookies are so easy to make and include simple ingredients. Here's what you need to make them:
- For the dough: almond butter, all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, chocolate chips
- Chocolate drizzle: milk chocolate & coconut oil
How to make these Almond Butter Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add in baking powder, brown sugar, and flour. Once everything is added, fold together.
- Then, gently mix in chocolate chips. If your dough is oily, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until oil is absorbed. This step just depends on how oily the nut butter is - I love Georgia Grinder's peanut butter or almond butter. If you'd like to purchase, you can use the discount code: PAIGE20.
- Form into balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the oven and baking sheet, allowing them too cool.
- For the milk chocolate drizzle, combine ½ cup milk chocolate with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Microwave for 30 second intervals at a time, stirring after each interval (ensuring not to burn)..microwave for 2-3 times until chocolate is fully melted.
- After the almond blossom cookies cool, use a butter knife to drizzle chocolate topping on each cookie.
FAQ's for these Almond Butter Cookies
Can I make these cookies gluten free?
Although I have not tried it, I have heard of other's success using GF oat flour in this recipe. If you try this, use a 1:1 ratio for the all purpose flour that this recipe calls for.
What about dairy free?
You can easily switch out the milk chocolate for a dairy free chocolate and these become dairy free!
Tips for making these cookies nut free?
Try using SunButter of almond butter.
I don't have any coconut oil on hand. What else could I use?
I add coconut oil to the chocolate that gets melted for the chocolate drizzle. This creates a smoother, liquid chocolate that can easily drip off your knife as you coat the cookie, so I don't recommend leaving it out completely. However, if you don't have coconut oil on hand, you could also use another neutral oil like avocado oil or even a teaspoon of butter.
How do I store these cookies?
Store in a sealed container on the counter for up to a week. You can also store these cookies in the fridge. They'll be cold and chewy!
Can I make the dough and freeze it for later?
Absolutely! You can freeze these cookies in an airtight baggie for up to 3 months. I love to use Stasher Bags. They're my favorite sustainable storage solution.
Tips for easy clean up?
These OXO cookie scoops will be your saving grace. They make perfectly shaped cookies and you won't need to use your hands.
Looking for more recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth? You'll love these
Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber scraper
- Baking sheet
- Conventional oven
- ½ cup almond butter, creamy, no salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate, for melted chocoalte topping
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for melted chocolate topping
- Combine almond butter, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl
- Add in baking powder, brown sugar, and flour... mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Form into balls, and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool
- Combine ½ cup milk chocoalte with 1 tsp of coconut oil and microwave for 30 second intervals at a time, stirring after each interval (usually need 2-3; be careful not to burn the chocolate).
- After cookies cool, use a butter knife to drizzle melted chocolate topping on each
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
1 cookie: 32 grams Carbs | 18 grams Fat | 6 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.