This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers with ranch seasoning and a big brioche bun are just what your week needs. These ranch turkey burgers are a staple in our house and happen nearly every week for meal prep. And every time I make them the response is “oh man this is good” so you know … these are the real deal.
They’re bursting with flavor and super simple. For the ranch flavor, you can find ranch seasoning packets in the dressing or spice aisle of the grocery store. Then to finish it off, I recommend a freshly toasted brioche bun or a pretzel bun as they complement the flavor so well.
And if needed, these easily can be modified to fit a more macro nutrition friendly number: use Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing and 99% lean turkey and fat free feta. Regardless which route you go, these will melt in your mouth; Enjoy!!
Ingredients for Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
While the spinach and feta are great, these ranch turkey burgers get the real pop of flavor from ranch seasoning. It’s an easy way to incorporate extreme flavor without the density of true ranch dressing. And then the feta compliments the zesty ranch and red onion flavor so nicely for an overall delicious burger. Here’s what you need:
- For the burgers: 93% lean ground turkey (can also use 99% lean), 1 packet of ranch seasoning, crumbled feta cheese, freshly chopped spinach, and diced red onion.
- For the toppings: choice of bun (brioche/pretzel), sliced pickles, roma tomatoes, sautéed onions, mashed avocado, crispy bacon, and/or these incredible sauces: Truffle Aioli or Chipotle Aioli.
How to make the Feta and Ranch Turkey Burgers
- In a mixing bowl, unpackaged 1 pound package of ground turkey. Add in 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 cup freshly chopped spinach, and 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- Fold the ingredients together. Pour in 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning into meat mixture. Stir.
- Using your hands, form burger meat into 4 patties.
- Grease a skillet and heat stove to medium-high heat. When the grease starts to crackle, add in burger patties.
- Cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes and then flip, cooking for another 3-4 minutes or until meat reaches 165 degrees F in temperature. This is the perfect time to add some cheese to the top of your burgers, 1-2 minutes before they’re fully done cooking.
- While the burgers are sizzling and cooking away, prepare your toppings. Slice the tomatoes, wash and dry crispy lettuce, drain spicy pickle chips and prepare the onions: raw or sautéed. This makes it easier to enjoy the burgers right after they’re done cooking.
- Set the oven to the broil setting (around 525 degrees F). Slice each bun, brushing each side with olive oil mayo, adding some crumbled feta, and salt and pepper. One of the most common misconceptions about preparing a meal is the timing it takes to actually cook each individual piece. Because the broiler only takes 2-3 minutes, this can be done right after the burger patties are fully cooked.
- Assemble each warm, toasty bun with a fully cooked Feta Ranch Burger and desired toppings and enjoy….trust me, you’re going to enjoy these!
Want to switch it up? Customize them!
- Turn them into tacos: instead of forming the meat mixture into burgers, simply cook the mixture over medium heat in a skillet until ground meat is thoroughly done. Use the meat for homemade tacos
- Add some heat: Who say’s these burgers can’t be spicy? Hidden Valley ranch has a spicy ranch seasoning too. Add a tablespoon or two of sriracha into the ground meat mixture and it will give it a kick!
- Alternatives: If you don’t like feta cheese, try goat cheese or bleu cheese. These burgers are very easy to make with any type of ground meat: chicken, plant based, or beef. Use what YOU like!
Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- Mixing Bowl
- Chef's Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 lb ground turkey, 93%/7% works great
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 4 buns brioche or pretzel buns
Toppings & Condiments
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- butter lettuce
- spicy pickle spears
- red onion, fresh or sautéed
- olive oil mayo
- crumbled feta
- ranch dressing
- Combine feta, ground turkey, ranch packet, diced red onion, and spinach in a mixing bowl
- Fold together, and form into 4 burger patties
- Grease a skillet and heat stove to med-high
- Cook burgers for 4-5 minutes a side or until burgers are completely cooked
- Add sliced cheese or more crumbled feta 1 minute before burgers are removed from heat
- Broil sliced and oiled buns for 2-3 minutes
- Add the suggested toppings and enjoy!!
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!