Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers with tasty ranch seasoning and a big brioche bun are just what your week needs. They're bursting with flavor, have a super moist texture, and can easily be made macro-friendly.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
delicious spinach and feta turkey burgers for the win
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers with ranch seasoning and a big brioche bun are just what your week needs. These flavorful turkey burgers are a staple in our house and happen nearly every week for meal prep. And every time I make them, the response is "Oh man, this is good!" So, you know...these are the real deal.
These burgers are bursting with flavor and are super simple. Made with lean ground turkey, fresh spinach, crumbled feta cheese, crisp red onion, and ranch, they're perfectly juicy and have great flavor. For the ranch flavor, you can find ranch seasoning packets in the dressing or spice aisle of the grocery store. Then to finish it off, I recommend a freshly toasted brioche bun or a pretzel bun.
And if needed, these easily can be modified to fit a more macro nutrition friendly number: use Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing and 99% lean turkey and fat free feta. Regardless which route you go, these Feta Spinach Turkey Burgers will just melt in your mouth. Top with tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, red peppers, or whatever you like and enjoy! Oh! And serve them with these tasty Sweet Potato Fries and you've got yourself a MEAL.
Ingredient needed for Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
For the burgers:
Ground Turkey: 93% or 97% lean works great!
Onion: I used red onions for a little bitterness.
Spinach: You won't even taste it. I promise!
Feta Cheese: Super tangy. Works so well with ranch seasoning. I used crumbled, but you could buy the block and chop it.
Ranch: You can use ranch dressing or a store bought seasoning packet.
Brioche Buns: These buns are so soft and buttery. I also recommend using a pretzel bun for a fun, delicious twist.
Burger topping ideas:
Tomatoes: Juicy, delicious Roma tomatoes taste soooo good on these burgers.
Butter Lettuce: Sweet and soft, this is my favorite lettuce. You could also use romaine or iceberg, of course.
Pickles: Chips, spears, whatever you prefer! I like the spicy ones.
Mayonnaise: A great spread! I like olive oil based mayo.
Cheese: Add a slice of your favorite cheese or throw some more feta on top!
Ranch Dressing: Top with creamy ranch dressing for the most perfect sauce.
Avocado: A great healthy, creamy fat. And a great addition to burgers.
Tools needed for these ground turkey burgers with feta
How to make the Feta and Ranch Turkey Burgers
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, chopped red onion, freshly chopped spinach, and crumbled feta cheese and combine. Then pour in 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning into meat mixture and stir.
- Using your hands, form the patties about an inch thick.
- Grease a nonstick skillet and heat stove to medium high heat. When the grease starts to crackle, add in burger patties.
- Cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. This is the perfect time to add some cheese to the top of your burgers if you choose.
- While the burgers are sizzling, prepare your toppings. Slice the tomatoes, wash and dry crispy lettuce, drain spicy pickle chips and prepare the onions: raw or sautéed. This makes it easier to enjoy the burgers right after they're done cooking.
- Set the oven to broil. (Around 525 degrees F.) Slice each bun, brushing each side with olive oil mayo, adding some crumbled feta, and salt and pepper. One of the most common misconceptions about preparing a meal is the timing it takes to actually cook each individual piece. Because the broiler only takes 2-3 minutes, this can be done right after the burger patties are fully cooked.
- Assemble each warm, toasty bun with a fully cooked burger and desired toppings and enjoy. Trust me, you're going to love these!
Want to switch it up? Customize your burger!
- Turn your burgers into tacos: Instead of forming the meat mixture into burgers, simply cook the mixture over medium heat in a skillet until ground meat is thoroughly done. Then, use the meat in a corn or flour tortilla with your favorite toppings.
- Add some heat: Who says these burgers can't be spicy? Hidden Valley Ranch has a spicy ranch seasoning, too. Add a tablespoon or two of sriracha into the ground meat mixture and give it a kick!
- Alternatives: If you don't like feta cheese, try goat cheese or bleu cheese. These burgers are very easy to make with any type of ground meat: chicken, plant based, or beef. Use what YOU like!
Turkey Burger Frequently asked questions
How should I store these turkey burgers with feta?
Store in an air-tight Tupperware container in the refrigerator. These should always remain cold when you're not eating them. These burgers also freeze well! Wrap each burger individually shaped burger with plastic wrap and you can freeze them raw or cooked!
Can I grill my burger?
If you’re going to grill these ranch feta turkey burgers, you need to use tinfoil. Because they're so packed with ingredients, they may fall apart if you just toss them on the grill. I always cook mine in a skillet and they stay together every time.
Can I prep these burgers ahead of time?
Absolutely. Make the spinach and feta burger patties and store in the fridge for up to 3 days, keeping in mind how fresh your meat is. Don't store raw past the expiration date. Then, pull out and cook when you're ready.
Can I use a another meat besides ground turkey to make spinach feta burgers?
Of course. You can use ground chicken, beef, or even a plant-based option.
How often do you eat these burgers?
All of the time! Seriously!
Other recipes to try
Spinach Feta Turkey Burger Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Chef's Knife
- Cutting Board
- 1 lb ground turkey, 93%/7% works great
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- 4 buns brioche or pretzel buns
Toppings & Condiments
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- butter lettuce
- spicy pickle spears
- red onion, fresh or sautéed
- olive oil mayo
- crumbled feta
- ranch dressing
- Combine feta, ground turkey, ranch packet, diced red onion, and spinach in a mixing bowl
- Fold together, and form into 4 burger patties
- Grease a skillet and heat stove to med-high
- Cook burgers for 4-5 minutes a side or until burgers are completely cooked
- Add sliced cheese or more crumbled feta 1 minute before burgers are removed from heat
- Broil sliced and oiled buns for 2-3 minutes
- Add the suggested toppings and enjoy!!
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
1 serving (includes brioche bun but no additional toppings): 43 grams Carbs | 13 grams Fat | 31 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.