Best enjoyed as a side salad, this Cucumber Melon Salad is fresh, cool, and perfect for your next picnic or backyard barbecue. Wildly colorful and unique, this salad combination will be the star of the table.
About this Salad
If you couldn't tell, summer salads are kind of my thing! 😅 I love taking advantage of all the fresh produce and creating a cold dish to help cool down in the heat. And this delicious and juicy Cucumber Melon Salad is the latest of my salad creations.
Best enjoyed as a side salad, this salad is fresh, cool, and perfect for your next picnic or backyard barbecue. Wildly colorful and unique, this salad combination will be the star of the table. Creamy feta, tart lime, refreshing mint, and a little bit of chile lime seasoning seriously upgrade your cantaloupe with incredible flavor.
I love to pair it with savory foods since it's a little on the sweeter side. A tender piece of chicken, char-grilled burger, or savory sausage link is the perfect addition! Serving a crowd—or enjoying solo? Feel free to halve or double the serving size as needed.
And if you're looking for more delicious summer salads, also check out this Blueberry Peach Cucumber Salad, this Triple Berry Summer Salad, or this Watermelon Feta Mint Salad!
- Cantaloupe: Sweet, juicy, and tender. So perfect for a summer salad! You could also substitute honeydew melon.
- Cucumbers: For fresh crunch! I used English cucumbers, which are longer and more narrow than regular cucumbers.
- Feta Cheese: Literally my FAVORITE cheese! The salty tang tastes so good with in salads and with fruit.
- Mint Stalks: You'll want to use about 12 leaves. Fresh herbs really brighten up this dish.
- Lime: A little sour to go with the sweet. It is used to coat all of the ingredients and bring the flavors together.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Slice the cantaloupe in half and de-seed with a spoon. Using a knife, remove the skin from the cantaloupe. Cut into vertical pieces.
2. Then, dice your cantaloupe perpendicularly to make small cubes. Dice your red onion very finely. You can also use a vegetable shaver to create more delicate onion flavor in your salad. Slice cucumbers and mint leaves very finely.
3. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Squeeze limes to coat the salad in lime juice. Then, sprinkle chile lime seasoning.
4. Gently toss. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator to enjoy later. Enjoy!
Store this salad in an airtight container for one day. Due to the high water content of the ingredients, it’s best served fresh because the juices will release and create a soggy salad.
There’s no need to. I love the textures and flavors in this lettuce-less summer salad, but if you’d like to bulk it up a bit you can definitely add a green as a base. I suggest arugula, spinach, or butter lettuce since these varieties are lighter in texture compared to something like kale that may take away from the cucumber salad flavors.
This is a great side salad to serve at a summer barbecue. I served mine with a side of grilled chicken, but salmon, burgers, or even some crispy tofu for vegetarians would all go great with this fresh summer peach salad as well.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Cucumber Melon Salad
- Cutting Board
- Salad bowl
- 12 mint leaves
- 3 small english cucumbers
- 2 limes
- ½ ripe cantaloupe
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ⅓ cup red onion
- 1 tbsp chile lime seasoning
- First, slice the cantaloupe into small, bite-sized pieces. Slice the cantaloupe in half and de-seed with a spoon. Using a knife, remove the skin from the cantaloupe. Cut into vertical pieces. Then, dice perpendicularly into ~1 inch cubes.
- Dice your red onion very finely. You can also use a vegetable shaver to create more delicate onion flavor in your salad.
- Slice cucumbers and mint leaves finely.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Squeeze limes to coat the salad in lime juice. Then, sprinkle chile lime seasoning. Gently toss.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator to enjoy later.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Cantaloupe Feta Mint Salad calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Madeline custer says
I haven’t made this one, YET— but I’m on a huge melon kick right now so thanks for making a recipe to match my cravings!
Courtney Paige says
I think the sugar kiss cantaloupe would be lovely here! Enjoy friend 🙂
Sydney Van Acker says
cantaloupe alone is a little boring to me, but this salad was a HIT. I enjoyed leftovers over a bed of arugula and it was a great way to extend the life of this recipe
Courtney Paige says
This salad is so tasty. I love adding burrata or salami pieces to it too!