This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
One of my favorite parts of the summer is when the farmers' markets open! I love walking around, seeing the fun items each stand is selling, and picking up fresh produce to use in my meals throughout the week. What I love most is picking up fresh berries! Their gorgeous colors draw me right to them and I really have to control myself to not buy the whole table. (That would be a lot of berries, guys. And I don't have that kind of refrigerator space.)
Not only are they beautiful, but there are so many ways you can enjoy them. And one of my go-tos is this Triple Berry Summer Salad. It's a perfect light meal or side and it combines two of my favorite dressings—Honey Mustard and Poppyseed! Enjoy fruity sweetness over a peppery bed of arugula, a sweet crunch from honey roasted pistachios, and a creamy, tangy dressing.
Plus, you can bulk up this meal with a warm, delicious protein or complex carb. It checks so many boxes and will be a great addition to your next family BBQ or relaxing afternoon poolside.
Ingredients needed for this fresh Triple Berry Summer Salad
Arugula: Crispy and peppery, this makes a great base for our salad. It's also a beautiful deep green and will bring a wonderful pop of color! You can also use spinach if arugula isn't your thing.
Berries: I used strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries.
Honey Roasted Pistachios: These are SO delicious! They add more texture to our salad and a nice, floral sweetness. These are my favorite!
Red Onion: Adds a little spiciness and pairs well with sweet flavors.
Crumbled cheese: I love a creamy goat or sharp cheddar.
Honey Mustard: No, this isn't just for chicken nuggets. Honey mustard is packed full of creamy, tangy flavor and will be so tasty on our salad.
Poppy Seed Dressing: The perfect dressing for anything that has to do with berries.
Minimal equipment needed
How to make this Triple Berry Summer Salad
1. Wash all fresh fruit and let dry. Dice or slice strawberries and red onion.
2. Layer all fruit & vegetable ingredients on a bed of arugula.
3. Whisk together honey mustard and poppy seed dressing in a small mixing bowl. Toss with salad.
4. Sprinkle on honey roasted pistachios.
5. Grab a fork and enjoy!
Make it this Triple Berry Summer Salad a meal!
Top off with a healthy, creamy fat like avocado or feta or goat cheese.
Triple Berry Summer Salad
- Salad bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Cutting Board
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup strawberries, diced or sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup honey roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled cheese, feta or goat
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- 2 tbsp poppyseed dressing
- Wash all fresh fruit and let dry. Dice or slice strawberries and red onion.
- Layer all fruit & vegetable ingredients on a bed of arugula.
- Whisk together honey mustard and poppy seed dressing in a small mixing bowl. Toss with salad.
- Sprinkle on honey roasted pistachios.
- Grab a fork and enjoy!
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!