Icy cold, super simple, this Crown Apple Slush may become your new fall, go-to cocktail. Just like the apple cider slush you get from the apple orchard, but make it boozy.
Table of Contents
About this Slush
An apple slush? Yes, you heard that right and let's make it boozy. I’ve always loved getting the apple cider slushie from the cider mill growing up, and now that I’ve ~matured~ I wanted to make it adult-ish.
Enter Crown Apple Slush. This festive fall cocktail is silly simple to make and requires minimal ingredients. Like seriously just two ingredients (three if you count the ice). Crown Royal and apple juice is a match you didn’t know you needed.
If frozen margaritas are your thing, you ought to give this Crown Apple Slush a try. Although the flavors are definitely different, the result is that same icy and refreshing cocktail you love to sip on.
- Crown Royal Vanilla - Crown Royal is super smooth. And the vanilla flavor is just perfect for this drink. If you’ve got another favorite whiskey, substitute it in here.
- Apple Juice - Apple juice will give this cocktail the majority of its flavor. You can also use apple cider or to lighten it up a bit do ½ apple juice ½ apple flavored sparkling water.
- Ice - We’ll shave this in the blender for a slushy texture.
- Star Anise - A fun fall garnish. I bought a large bag at the beginning of the season and add them to all of my fall cocktails.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Start by blending the ice so it’s a crushed / shaved texture. I recommend doing it in increments as once ice is blended, it sticks to the blender blade.
2. Add shaved ice to a glass and pour Crown Royal over top.
3. Top with apple juice.
4. Garnish with slices of green apple and a star of anise. Serve immediately to ensure the best icy texture.
Absolutely! If you like cider better than apple juice, feel free to make the swap. Cider pairs just as well as apple juice with the Crown Royal.
No! Feel free to just serve the apple and Crown cocktail over ice. It’s a super simple drink, but surprisingly delicious.
I recommend shaving the ice alone and pouring the liquid over top. If you blend everything together, the ice is likely to melt much faster and you’ll just end up with a watered down cocktail rather than a slushy.
Typically with a frozen cocktail I'd say no. But with this, you can prep in bulk. Do so by mixing the crown and apple together in a freezer safe glass/tupperware. Leave it overnight in the freezer). The Crown Royal won’t freeze, but the apple juice will in little flakes. Serve it over fresh ice for another way to enjoy the Crown Apple Slush.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Crown Apple Slush Recipe
- Serving Glass
- 2 oz Crown Royal Vanilla
- 6 oz Simply Apple Juice
- 3 cups ice
- green apple, sliced for garnish
- star anise, for garnish
- Start by blending the ice so it’s a crushed / shaved texture. I recommend doing it in increments as once ice is blended, it sticks to the blender blade.
- Add shaved ice to serving glass.
- Pour in Crown Royal and apple juice over the ice.
- Garnish with slices of green apple and a star of anise. Serve immediately to ensure the best Crown Apple Slush with the perfect icy texture.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find CROWN APPLE SLUSH calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!