This Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad is super hearty, perfectly creamy, and full of fresh flavors. This potato salad recipe will make the perfect side dish at your next barbecue or potluck.
Table of Contents
About this Potato Salad
In all honesty, I’ve never been a huge fan of potato salad as a side, but this Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad, however, has changed my mind.
Usually, a classic potato salad is loaded with mayo or sometimes miracle whip. In my opinion, that makes for a super heavy dish without a ton of flavor! Instead, for this recipe I use greek yogurt and a healthy amount of lemon juice to highlight the other ingredients in the Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad instead of burying them in condiments.
Serve this salad up at your next barbecue or potluck. It goes great with grilled chicken, these Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers, or some Teriyaki Salmon. A healthy side dish that's also delicious like this Lemon Dill Potato Salad will always be welcomed at the table.
- Petite Red Gourmet Potatoes - We definitely need potatoes for our potato salad! I find the petite red potatoes are the best size for this recipe.
- Celery - Adds some crunch to this salad.
- Eggs - We will hard boil these.
- Dill and Parsley - Fresh herbs are PACKED with flavor and bring brightness to this Lemon Dill Potato Salad.
- Lemon Juice and Lemon Pepper - The citrus from the lemon will balance out the creamy greek yogurt dressing.
- Greek Yogurt - Yogurt will be the base of our Potato Salad Dressing to make this recipe a bit healthier and pack in some extra protein. I used the Two Good Lemon Greek Yogurt, but plain is also fine.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Heat 3 cups of water in a large sauce pot and bring to a boil. You’re going to use the water for both the eggs (if not already hard boiled) and the potatoes.
2. Once the water is boiled, add 3 eggs. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove the eggs but leave the water boiling. Run the eggs under cool water or dunk them in the ice bath to quickly cool them.
3. Then add the Petite Red Gourmet Potatoes to the already boiling water. Boil for 10-15 minutes. Note: I prefer the potatoes still firm. It makes for a crunchier salad. If you’d like the potatoes softer, boil for 15-20 minutes. After the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and slice each potato in quarters.
4. While the potatoes cook, prepare the rest of the salad: Finely chop herbs. Tip: use a pizza cutter to quickly and easily chop the herbs. Add to a bowl along with yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, and lemon pepper.
5. Dice celery. Then peel and dice the hard boiled eggs. Add celery and eggs to the bowl with the dressing mixture.
6. Combine the potatoes with the egg + dressing mixture. Toss until everything is well coated. Enjoy!
Store this salad in the fridge for up to 5 days. I actually think it gets better as it sits because the potatoes soak up the lemon and mayo and the flavors really develop making it fabulous for meal prep.
You’ll want to choose a potato that won’t fall apart. Any of the waxy potato varieties are best for this (New Potatoes, Red Bliss, Fingerling, Pee Wees). More specifically, I like red potatoes for this recipe for their color and uniform shape.
You don’t need to! I chose to keep mine. The skin of potatoes is actually super nutrient rich and provides a lot of fiber. Many classic potato salad recipes call for peeling the potatoes, but in my opinion why make out more work than necessary.
Nope! It actually works great to mix this salad up while the potatoes are warm because it allows the dressing to melt a bit and coat all of the ingredients.
You can use dried herbs, however you’ll want to reduce the amount since dried herbs are much more pungent. For this Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad use 1 tablespoon of dried dill and 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Healthy Lemon Dill Potato Salad Recipe
- Cutting Board
- Sauce pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 lbs petite red gourmet potatoes
- ⅔ cup celery, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 6-8 stalks fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- 5.3 oz Two Good lemon Greek yogurt, (can use plain)
- Heat 3 cups of water in a large sauce pot and bring to a boil. You’re going to use the water for both the eggs and the potatoes.
- Once the water is boiled, add 3 eggs. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove the eggs but leave the water boiling. Run the eggs under cool water or dunk them in the ice bath to quickly cool them and then peel off the shell.
- Then add the Petite Red Gourmet Potatoes to the already boiling water. Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. Finely chop celery, hard boiled eggs and herbs. Tip: use a pizza cutter to quickly and easily chop the herbs.
- After the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and slice each potato in quarters.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together lemon yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, lemon pepper, fresh dill and parsley. Then add in diced potatoes, celery, and eggs. Stir until all of the ingredients are coated in the yogurt dressing mixture.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Lemon Dill Potato Salad calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!