I never gave sweet potatoes the time of day growing up. How could potatoes be sweet?! Yuck! But then one Thanksgiving, they became the best vegetable that ever existed. Thank you, Dad, for making sweet potato casserole topped with marshmallows and helping me see the superior potato. All sentiments aside, roasted sweet potato fries are delicious but sometimes hard to prepare.
Burger night is about to get a whole lot sweeter. Let's make the perfect Roasted Sweet Potato Fries!
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Equipment and Ingredients for Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
These fries are delectable and require minimal equipment. That's right—less dishes! Here's what you need:
Sheet Pan: We're going to put this tray of goodness in the oven and let it do the rest!
Parchment Paper or Tin Foil: Place on the sheet pan so the sweet potato fries don't stick. It will make clean-up quick and easy!
Potato Peeler: To take the skin off the potatoes. However, you can leave it on if you prefer.
Cutting Board: This recipe requires some chopping.
Knife: To turn the sweet potatoes into fries!
Yup, that's all the equipment you need to make these Roasted Sweet Potato Fries. Here's the ingredients you'll be using:
Sweet Potatoes: Fries gotta come from somewhere!
Olive Oil: Coat your fries with this for a source of healthy fat and great flavor.
Salt & Pepper: You don't need a ton of seasoning to flavor your sweet potato fries. Use the recommended amount in the recipe below. You can always add more to your liking.
How to make perfectly Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- While the water boils, wash and peel your sweet potatoes. Be sure to remove any dark spots or strings. You can also keep the skin on if you prefer.
- Gently place sweet potatoes in the boiling water and let sit for 8 minutes. This makes them easier to cut and later, easier to digest. Then, remove and drain the water.
- Carefully slice the sweet potatoes into ½” thick sticks/fries.
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Place fries on the baking sheet.
- Spray or drizzle your olive oil onto the fries. Coat them well!
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the fries.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping half way through. For extra crisp fries, broil at 500 degrees F for 3-6 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to bubble or crisp.
- Serve with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
You can also watch the Roasted Sweet Potato Web Story here!
Mix up your Roasted Sweet Potato Fries!
There are so many ways to make this recipe yours and make these fries the perfect side to your lunch or dinner. The fries also make great snacks! Here are some ideas:
- Change the way you cut the potato. Shape them into coins instead of fries or shred them with a grater for home fries.
- Add extra flavor by incorporating different seasonings: ranch, garlic & herb, paprika, or Old Bay are some tasty examples.
- For a sweet treat, drizzle the fries with maple syrup and sprinkle with some cinnamon or brown sugar!
- Make a dip! Roasted Sweet Potato Fries taste amazing dipped in barbeque sauce or honey mustard.
- Do you have the Ninja Foodi Grill? Instead of baking in the oven, just toss the fries in there for 15-20 minutes on the air crisp setting.
Roasted Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- Cutting Board
- 6 Quart Sauce Pot
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, can also use cooking spray
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F and bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Make sure to remove any dark spots or strings. You can leave the skin on if you prefer.
- Gently place sweet potatoes in the boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes. Then, remove and drain water.
- Carefully slice the potatoes into ½” thick sticks/fries.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Place fries on sheet pan.
- Spray or drizzle olive oil on fries. Coat well.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over fries.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping half way through. For extra crisp fries, broil at 500°F for 3-6 minutes or until sweet potato fries start to bubble or crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
1 serving: 50 grams Carbs | 25 grams Fat | 9 grams Protein
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
SHOP THIS POST!
Note: The links above will open in Amazon.com