If you’re a peanut butter lover, this Nutter Butter Pie is for you. A silky, nutty, cream cheese filling atop a crunchy graham cracker crust and stuffed with whole Nutter Butters. Yep, it’s just as good as it sounds.
About this Pie
I’m team peanut butter EVERYTHING. On bananas? Check. With pretzels? Check. On toast? Check. Peanut butter cups? CHECK.
Peanut butter is one of my favorite dessert flavors. Check out these Peanut Butter Truffles if you haven’t already or these Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies or this Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola. But I wanted to create something more. So I present to you this Nutter Butter Pie.
It’s creamy, smooth, salty, and sweet all at the same time. Plus, the pie is filled with whole Nutter Butters so it has perfect crunch in the middle of the decadent filling.
This Nutter Butter Pie a no bake dessert that only requires 10 minutes of work and 2 hours hands off in the freezer before you get to dive right in.
- Graham Cracker Crust - I used a 10” Keebler pre-made crust. The convenience of a pre-made pie crust makes this Nutter Butter Pie silly easy to make. Check out my Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie recipe if you’d like to make your own graham cracker crust from scratch.
- Cream Cheese - Cream cheese makes this Nutter Butter Pie super creamy and rich. It won’t taste “cheesy” at all once mixed with the other filling ingredients.
- Powdered Sugar - To sweeten our Nutter Butter filling. We will use powdered sugar instead of granulated for a smoother texture.
- Peanut Butter - We can’t have a Nutter Butter Pie without a healthy dose of peanut butter! A layer will go on top of the crust and we will also mix some into the filling.
- Cool Whip - To give the filling a light and fluffy texture.
- Nutter Butters - We are stuffing our pie with whole Nutter Butters. They will be underneath the cream filling.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, ¾ a cup of the peanut butter, almond milk, and lite cool whip. Beat it with a hand mixer on high until thoroughly mixed.
2. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix again until all of the powdered sugar is combined and no clumps remain.
3. Microwave the remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter until it's warm. Then pour the melted peanut butter on top of the pre-made graham cracker crust. Spread to create thin layer all the way across the base of the crust.
4. Then, place 8 nutter butters around the diameter of the crust.
5. Pour the cream cheese / peanut butter filling mixture on top of the crust and butter butters.
6. Top with 8 chocolate covered nutter butters, chopped pieces of mini Reese’s, and snack sized nutter butters. Feel free to garnish with drizzled melted chocolate and also extra peanut butter. Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until the filling has hardened. Serve chilled! ENJOY!
With it’s crunchy texture, a graham cracker crust goes perfect with this Nutter Butter Pie against its smooth filling as opposed to traditional flaky pie crust. I used a store-bought, pre made crust out of convenience, but feel free to make your own using the crust recipe for my Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie.
Store it in the refrigerator. Usually the plastic piece of the pre-made pie crust is actually a top for it. So hang onto that if you expect extras.
Be sure to soften your cream cheese and add the powdered sugar gradually to avoid lumps in your filling. The creamy texture of this pie is part of what makes it so amazing!
Yes! Use dairy free Cool Whip and dairy free cream cheese and this pie will turn out just the same. You’ll need to leave off the chocolate covered Nutter Butters on top though, and use dairy free chocolate for garnish.
Be sure to keep your Nutter Butter Pie chilled for to prevent a soupy mess when cutting. Use a long knife (like a serrated bread knife) to score the top of the pie in half. You’re just making a line and not cutting all the way through. Then, turn the pie 90 degrees and make a similar score in the cake. You should have a plus sign in the middle of the pie.
Repeat the action to make two more scores totaling 8 total pieces making sure to wipe your knife between each cut. It should look like an asterisk in the center of your pie. Then, use a smaller pairing knife to cut your scores through to the base. Remove pieces using a pie spatula.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Nutter Butter Pie
- Mixing Bowl
- electric hand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Microwave safe bowl
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust, I used a 10" Keebler
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, or any other milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ + ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 8 oz lite cool whip
- 8 Nutter Butter cookie sandwiches
- 8 chocolate covered Nutter Butters
- 1 snack size pack mini nutter butters
- ½ bag mini Reese's unwrapped
- ½ cup melted chocolate, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, ¾ a cup of the peanut butter, almond milk, and lite cool whip. Beat it with a hand mixer on high until thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix again until all of the powdered sugar is combined and no clumps remain.
- Microwave the remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter until it's warm. Pour the melted peanut butter on top of the pre-made graham cracker crust. Spread to create thin layer all the way across the base of the crust.
- Then, place 8 nutter butters around the diameter of the crust. Pour the cream cheese / peanut butter filling mixture on top of the crust and Nutter Butters.
- Top with 8 chocolate covered nutter butters, chopped pieces of mini Reese’s, and snack sized nutter butters. Feel free to garnish with drizzled melted chocolate and peanut butter as well.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or until the filling has hardened.
- Serve chilled! ENJOY!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find NUTTER BUTTER PIE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Courtney Paige says
YUPP - this pie is IT!! I think it would be delicious with cookie butter too!!
Sydney Van Acker says
Made this for a family birthday and it went SO fast. Then I made just the filling again for myself to eat with a spoon and also dipped banana slices in it. The most amazing treat to keep around all week long.