An easy, 3 ingredient, one pan meal, that takes less than 20 minutes start to finish?! You think I’m kidding, but this Trader Joe’s Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry checks all the boxes and tastes just like the Chinese takeout version.
Table of Contents
About this Recipe
If you’re all about maximum convenience, minimal time and ingredients, and a boat load of flavor then look no further than this Trader Joe’s Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
I’m a sucker for Chinese takeout. So much as I gave it up for Lent and it was HARD. The cravings were real but instead I turned to this recipe which tastes just as good, if not better! Plus, you don’t have to go pick it up or spend extra cash on delivery fees. Yeah you know, modern day luxury, right?!
Trader Joe's makes this recipe silly easy! With pre-seasoned Sesame Teriyaki Skirt Steak, pre-chopped stir fry veggies, and packaged rice it seriously can’t get much simpler. But fear not, if you don't have a Trader Joe's near by, read on to discover simple swaps that you can pick up at any local grocery store.
- Skirt Steak - To keep this recipe super simple, I used Trader Joe’s Sesame Teriyaki Beef Skirt Steak which is pre-marinated. You could also use plain skirt steak and add your own teriyaki/store bought sauce.
- Stir Fry Vegetables - Again for the sake of simplicity, I used Trader Joe's pre-cut, raw Asian stir fry vegetable mix, which can be found in the refrigerated section.
- White Rice - This will be the base of our stir fry. I used a pre-cooked bag of rice that just needed microwaving.
- Optional garnish: sesame seeds, green onion, sriracha, soy sauce, spicy mayo, etc.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Finely slice Beef Skirt Steak into small strips and place in the warmed skillet.
2. Once meat is cooked about half way (about 4-5 minutes or so), add in chopped Trader Joe’s stir fry vegetables. Sauté for an additional 5-8 minutes.
3. While the beef and veggies are cooking, prepare the white rice. Out of convenience, I use the premade white rice and microwave it. Plate the rice first. Then add cooked beef and vegetables on top. Add optional garnishes as you wish. I added sesame seeds and green onion on top.
Allow your beef and broccoli stir fry to cool before storing in Tupperware in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I LOVE Chinese takeout and I like to keep the containers it comes in because they’re perfect for meal prepping recipes like this and makes you feel as if you’re actually enjoying a restaurant meal.
The beef from Trader Joe’s that I used in this recipe is pre-marinated in a sesame teriyaki sauce and there is just enough to cover the stir fry veggies as well. However, if you are not using pre-marinated meat, you could use a store bought bottle of teriyaki sauce (which is usually a combination of soy, honey or ginger, garlic, and ginger) to top your beef and veggies.
The bag of mixed veggies I bought included broccoli, snap peas, peppers, onions, and baby corn. You could buy these veggies individually and/or also add mushrooms, cauliflower, water chestnuts, and carrots for a delicious stir fry.
Use cauliflower rice!
The pre marinated Trader Joe’s Beef does have soy in it so you’ll want to purchase PLAIN beef and add your own teriyaki marinade like this one from primal kitchen.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Trader Joe’s Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Cutting Board
- Rubber Spatula
- cooking spray
- 1 package Sesame Teriyaki Beef Skirt Steak, Trader Joe's
- 1 package Asian Stir Fry Veggies, Trader Joe's (18 oz)
- 1 package white rice, ~2 cups cooked
- sesame seeds
- green onion, chopped
- soy sauce
- spicy mayo
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Finely slice Beef Skirt Steak into small strips and place in the warmed skillet.
- Once meat is cooked about half way (about 4-5 minutes or so), add in chopped Trader Joe’s stir fry vegetables. Sauté for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- While the beef and veggies are cooking, prepare the white rice.
- Plate the rice first. Then add cooked beef and vegetables on top. Add optional garnishes as you wish. I added sesame seeds and green onion on top. Enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find TRADER JOE'S BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!