You'll want to have this rice recipe on repeat—not just because it's delicious, but because it's a perfect meal prep staple. Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice is quick and easy to make. It's also incredibly versatile. Pair it with tacos, bowls, or a meat and vegetable pairing of your choice!
Table of Contents
About this Rice
Rice is such a classic side for a variety of dishes, but the thing is sometimes it can feel bland and boring. There's a reason we love the rice you get in your burritos or bowls from Chipotle, though. It's cilantro lime flavored which just elevates the entire dish.
I like to make a big batch of Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice on Sunday's along with these Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies and add to lunches and dinners throughout the week. However, you don't have to make this rice in advance.
It's easy to set aside and cook as you prepare the other parts of your meal. When it's done, just add the seasonings and then assemble everything together. In 30 minutes, you'll have a hearty meal that will keep you full and nourished.
If you're looking for other side dishes to meal prep, also try this Mushroom and Spinach Rice, this Vegetarian Dirty Rice, this Fiesta Rice, this Parmesan Rice, this Tomato and Goat Cheese Orzo, or Lemon Dill Potato Salad!
- Basmati Rice: This fluffy, nutty rice is easily transformed with seasonings to complement a variety of dishes.
- Coconut Oil: This oil will provide a dose of healthy fat and add a slightly tropical flavor to the rice. Don't worry—it won't overwhelm the dish. If you don't have on it hand or want to use something more familiar, substitute butter for a similar rich taste.
- Fresh Cilantro: It's as easy as chop and sprinkle to include this flavor in your dish!
- Chili Lime Seasoning: Basmati rice is tasty on it's own, but we want to take it to the next level. I used my favorite Chili Lime seasoning from Trader Joes. If you don't have one near you, use a combination of sea salt and chile powder to achieve a similar flavor.
- Jalapeño: Top your finished Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice with this to add a beautiful pop of color and spicy kick.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
- Cook your basmati rice according to the package instructions in a 4-quart sauce pot.
2. Once rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and add in fresh lime juice and coconut oil. Then, mix well. Note: if you don't have coconut oil, you can substitute butter.
3. Fold in chopped cilantro and spices.
4. Transfer rice to serving bowl. Then, garnish with lime wedges, jalapeño slices, and/or more seasoning.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 60 seconds. TIP (you may know this from TikTok) add an ice cube to the bowl of rice before reheating to keep your rice super moist.
If you're not a a cilantro fan or have the "soap gene", replace with chopped parsley or another herb. You just want something to freshen up the flavors.
This rice is so versatile and can be used in so many ways. Use it as a base for a curry dish or in as part of your filling in a vegetarian bean burrito. Serve it with steak bites and a vegetable like sautéed peppers or edamame, or as a side to meat kebabs with fresh dill and lemon.
Try it with my Roasted Vegetable and Sausage Kebabs or my Macro-Friendly Quesadilla. It would also serve great as a base to this Chili Lime Shrimp Bowl. The possibilities are endless!
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
- 4 Quart Sauce Pot
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, sub butter
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp chili lime seasoning
- lime wedge, optional for garnish
- sliced jalapenos, optional for garnish
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Once rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and add lime juice and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Fold in chopped cilantro and spices.
- Garnish with lime wedges, sliced jalapenos, and/or more seasoning.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!