Crispy Berry Cheerios and pretzels covered in creamy white chocolate and marshmallows make these Easy Valentine Cookies irresistible. Plus, just one pot, 10 minutes, and no baking required!
Table of Contents
About these Cookies
A sweet follower of mine told me a few weeks ago that she was going to make my No Bake Avalanche Cookies but with a Valentine's day twist. That got me thinking…what else could I change to make this recipe festive for February 14th?! So if you’re celebrating your significant other, favorite Gals, or just for you, enjoy these sweet treats!
My original No Bake Avalanche Cookies use peanut butter and Rice Krispies. I've changed the flavor up a bit for this Valentine's Day version with Berry Cheerios which are also a gorgeous pastel pink. We're adding some pretzels too for some extra crunch.
What we aren't changing with these Easy Valentine Cookies is how simple they are to make. They come together in just 15 minutes and still require NO BAKING! Nothing says 'I love you' more than a homemade treat, and even the non-baker can warm a loved one's heart and belly with this recipe.
And if you're looking for more Valentine's Day treats, also try these Champagne Strawberries, Raspberry Chocolate Rice Krispies, these Red Velvet Pancakes, or these Heart Shaped Rosé Fruit Snacks, too! Or here's a roundup of my Top 15 favorite Valentine's Day Recipes.
- White Chocolate Chips: White chocolate let's the beautiful colors of the berry cheerios shine through and when melted, white chocolate pairs so well with the marshmallows for a sweet, creamy, dreamy consistency.
- Marshmallows: Ooey gooey marshmallows are such a treat! We don't melt them down completely in this recipe, which gives a fun soft texture to bite into in the middle of this crunchy cookie.
- Berry Cheerios: The berry flavor and pretty pastel pink color are perfect for Valentine's day.
- Mini Pretzels: Give the perfect amount of saltiness and crunch to these cookies.
- M&Ms: I used the Valentine's Day themed ones to keep them festive!
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Heat a small sauce pan to low-medium heat. Add white chocolate chips and stir constantly to prevent burning.
2. Once melted, pour in mini marshmallows. You can do this in the same sauce pot. If your pot isn't large enough, pour the marshmallows into a mixing bowl and then drizzle the melted white chocolate over them. Fold together until marshmallows are covered. NOTE: The marshmallows are supposed to be almost whole, not melted.
3. Then, crush the pretzels a bit and stir into the sauce pot along with the Berry Cheerios and M&M's.
4. Stir until all of the ingredients are covered in the marshmallow & white chocolate mixture.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a cookie scooper to scoop cookies onto the baking sheet. Top each cookie with a few more Valentine's M&Ms.
6. Serve chilled. You can also allow them to come to room temperature again. You won’t lose a tooth on them if you eat them chilled, rest assured!
I prefer to store them in the refrigerator, but the counter is also fine. They keep for up to 5 days. These freeze well too! These cookies are also great to give as a gift, bring into the office on Valentine's day, or to take over to someone's house.
It’s likely your chocolate has burned or “seized." This is why you need to stir it constantly while heating and immediately remove it once melted. However, if you catch the burning chocolate early enough, you may be able to save it by whisking in a tablespoon of water and mixing gently in an attempt to loosen the seized clumps.
Absolutely! Three Wishes makes a fruity cereal pretty identical to Berry Cheerios or Cascadian Farms makes a berry vanilla puff cereal. Fruit loops would give a similar flavor too! You could also skip the berry completely and use regular/honey nut cheerios, Chex, or Cap’n Crunch.
Most definitely! Obviously you'll get a richer chocolate flavor as compared to a sweet berry flavor, but that's totally to your preference. They'll also look less 'avalanche' and a little less 'Valentine's' because you're removing the snow white chocolate and the pink Cheerios will be covered with brown, but I assure you they'll still be mighty delicious.
Follow your heart! I think chopped candy bar, chopped nuts, or some sprinkles would all be delicious with the flavors in this recipe. Even some dried fruit pieces like raspberries or strawberries would be a fun option keeping on theme of the Valentine's day decorations.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Easy Valentine Cookies
- Sauce pot
- Rubber scraper
- Baking pan
- parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 12 oz white chocolate, 1 bag
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups berry Cheerios
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- ½ cup Valentine's M&M's
- Heat a small sauce pan to low-medium heat. Immediately add white chocolate chips. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Next, pour in mini marshmallows. You can do this in the same sauce pot. If your pot isn't large enough, pour the marshmallows into a mixing bowl and then drizzle the white chocolate over them. Fold together until marshmallows are covered. NOTE: The marshmallows are supposed to be almost whole, not melted.
- Then, crush the pretzels a bit and stir into the sauce pot along with the Berry Cheerios and M&M's.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are covered in the marshmallow & white chocolate mixture. NOTE: The texture is supposed to be a little runny. We want them to kind of flood out on the pan like an avalanche.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure the baking sheet is small enough to fit in the refrigerator. We'll chill the cookies prior to serving.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop cookies onto baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie scooper, you can also use a spoon.
- Top each cookie with a few more Valentine's M&Ms. Then, put in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes or until each cookie has hardened.
- Serve chilled. You can also allow them to come to room temperature again. You won’t lose a tooth on them if you eat them chilled, rest assured!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Valentine's Avalanche Cookies calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!