Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread that's soft and moist with melty chocolate chips sprinkled throughout. It requires just one bowl and a bit of mixing before it hits the oven and you end up with a delicious loaf.
Table of Contents
About this Bread
We love a quick bread and this loaf is just sweet enough for breakfast or or a snack and has the most fluffy texture. A warm slice of this alongside a coffee (or any warm drink) is my ideal situation.
Not to mention, I think every blogger needs a banana bread recipe, RIGHT?! This recipe of mine is delicious and good for the soul, made with regular flour and sugar for the classic banana bread flavor. And while I haven't experimented with any substitutions for this, there are hundreds of other banana bread recipes out that have the exact ingredients/substitutions you're looking for!
I love this recipe because of it's simplicity in process and ingredients. If you've got ripe bananas, it's likely you have the rest of the ingredients on hand to make this loaf, too! Nothing crazy! Plus, it takes just one bowl to mix in before the bread hits the oven — perfect to make with kids.
And if you're in the mood for even more banana bread, check out my Blueberry Banana Bread with crisp corners and a moist/doughy center. The bursts of fresh blueberry flavor get me every time! But I also love this bright and zesty Greek Yogurt Lemon Quick Bread or this Blood Orange Olive Oil Cake if you're looking for something a little more tart. Or this Christmas Loaf Cake for the holidays!
- Bananas - The more ripe your bananas, the better! Once they're speckled with brown or turning more brown-is than yellow, you know they'll be good. Then simply mash them with a fork or your hands.
- Sugar - Nothing beats the real deal of straight up white granulated sugar.
- Butter - The buttery essence of real, cows milk butter is the best for the banana bread. Keeps it rich and moist unlike some of the low-fat substitutions out there.
- Chocolate Chips - I loooove the combination of chocolate chips + banana bread but you could also sub for pecans which are just as tasty. Or do both!
- Greek Yogurt - Makes this banana bread extra thick and moist with the perfect tang.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease (2) 8 x 4 loaf pans. Beat sugar and room temperature butter together until combined.
2. Then add eggs, mashed bananas, greek yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
3. Pour in all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda & powder, pinch of salt, ground cinnamon) besides the chocolate chips into the bowl.
4. Mix thoroughly until smooth throughout. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Once the batter is consistent, fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 (or (2) 8 x 4 loaf pans) - top with more chocolate chips if desired.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or slightly under until toothpick comes out clean. Note: if you bake (2) 8x4 loafs, cooking time will vary. Let cool before slicing and enjoy!
First, be sure your bread is completely cool before storing. Storing a warm loaf will trap in the steam and result in a soggy loaf.
Store in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or counter for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. I like to cover individual slices with saran wrap before adding to the freezer so I can pull one out and heat in the microwave whenever I'm craving just a slice.
Slice up this Easy Banana Bread and serve it warm or cold with jam, almond butter, or honey for a delicious breakfast with a cup of coffee or for a quick, yummy snack. Top it with powdered sugar or crumble it up on top of your favorite ice cream.
To make muffins instead, simply divide the batter evenly in muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs and no wet batter.
This recipe does have bananas, but it also has regular butter, sugar, and flour. I would not consider it "healthy", but it is the real deal and it is delicious. The calories do add up and it is best enjoyed in moderation.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 9x5 Loaf Pan or (2) 8x4 loaf pans
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Measuring cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 stick butter, ½ cup
- 1 ½ cups white cane sugar
- 3 mashed bananas, ~ 1 ½ cups
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips, and/or pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease (1) 9 x 5 loaf pan (or (2) 8 x 4 loaf pans).
- Beat sugar and room temperature butter together until combined.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas, butter, greek yogurt, and vanilla in the mixing bowl. Beat together until fluffy.
- Pour in all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda & powder, pinch of salt, ground cinnamon) besides the chocolate chips into the bowl and mix together.
- Once the batter is consistent, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased 8 x 4 loaf pan - top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes or slightly under until toothpick comes out clean. Note: cooking time will vary if baking (2) 8x4 loaf pans. Use the toothpick method to determine doneness.
- Let cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm with your favorite cup of tea/milk/coffee or just inhale by the slice.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!