This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Two things that aren’t bad together: ranch and cheese. Okay, you’re right, they’re pretty darn good when paired together. This quick recipe is packed with flavor and so easy to whip up.
The make or break to this recipe is the type of cheese you use. My favorite brands are Tillamook or Cello Cheese; they’re high quality and cost effective. I like using Banza chickpea pasta for extra protein in my dishes; usually find it at Kroger or Target. As for the ranch packets, they’re in the seasoning aisle and often sold in a box of (see image below). I almost always have 4-6 on hand, just because they’re so versatile in the kitchen. Jack and I enjoyed this dish when we were craving take-out, but settled for ‘let’s use what we have in the fridge’. Alas, this gem of a meal was created.
Chicken Ranch Mac 'n Cheese
- sauce pan
- 1 box Banza rotini noodles, 8oz box
- 2 breasts Chicken breasts
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, tillamook
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 2 T butter
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 T spray olive oil
- In the first sauce pan, cook 1 box of noodles according to the box instructions. Strain after cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook diced chicken breasts on a stove top with 1/2 packet of Ranch seasoning and 1 T olive oil.
- Combine 2 T of butter, 1/4 nut milk, 8oz sharp cheddar cheese and the other 1/2 packet of ranch seasoning in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add noodles and chicken into the cheese sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cracked pepper
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!