A creamy yogurt base, with plenty of flavor added with fresh jalapeños, herbs, and seasonings. You’re going to want to drizzle this Creamy Jalapeño Sauce on everything and it’s surely going to become a staple in your fridge, especially when it takes just 5 minutes to make.
Table of Contents
About this Sauce
This sauce is a sauce for EVERYTHING. A boring salad, a boring grilled protein, or even a boring sandwich can seriously come to life with a healthy dose of this Creamy Jalapeño Sauce.
Just enough spice contrasted by thick and creamy greek yogurt is the perfect balance of flavors. A ranch dip seasoning packet packs in even more flavor along with garlic and some red pepper flakes.
Double or triple this recipe for a tasty sauce to have in the fridge all week long. It’s healthy and protein packed too, so you don’t have to feel bad about dousing it on all of your meals.
And if you're looking for more homemade sauces and dressings, try this Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette, Easy Hummus Dressing, Homemade Guacamole, or Jalapeño Peach Salsa, that I think you're going to love, too!
- Plain Greek Yogurt - This is the base of our jalapeño sauce that makes it thick and creamy.
- Jalapeño - You can keep the seeds and/or double jalapeño to kick up spice level of your creamy jalapeño sauce if you're all about the heat.
- Ranch Dip Mix - I love the easy of the ease of adding a seasoning for mega flavor. I chose ranch since I originally was putting this sauce on my Ranch Taco Salad, but I also think a green onion dip mix or something like a jalapeño cheddar dip mix would be tasty, too.
- Fresh Herbs - Parsley, dill, cilantro, whatever you have on hand works. It really brightens this sauce.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Grab a jar or glass measuring cup that is immersion blender friendly (see below if you don’t have an immersion blender). Juice limes, add yogurt, milk, and ranch seasoning packet to the glass.
2. Slice and dice the jalapeno in small pieces so it’s easier for the blender to immerse the jalapeno throughout. Add them to the glass. Add fresh herbs, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes.
3. Blend for 45-60 seconds or until dressing is completely mixed and creamy. You may need to use a rubber spatula to push the sides of the dressing down to ensure everything is thoroughly blended.
4. Drizzle onto your Ranch Taco Salad and enjoy!
Store Creamy Jalapeño Sauce in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake before use as some separation may occur the longer it sits. I do not recommend freezing this dressing.
This Creamy Jalapeño Sauce recipe was developed specifically to top my Ranch Taco Salad, but since first testing it, I’ve made it multiple more times and used it for multiple different dishes. Some of my suggestions include:
- Drizzled on nachos
- On roasted veggies (specifically brussel sprouts - yum!)
- On quesadillas or tacos or burritos
- For dipping wings
- On your favorite grilled protein (chicken, shrimp, steak, salmon)
- On wraps or sandwiches
- As a garnish to chili
An immersion blender makes crafting this sauce MUCH easier, but there are alternative methods if you don't have one:
A personal blender (small one intended for just one serving): This works just as well, just more cleaning as compared to using an immersion blender.
Food processor or regular blender: Creamy Jalapeño Sauce can be made in either a food processor or regular blender, but you’ll want to double the recipe. Since the recipe doesn’t make a ton, the ingredients won’t reach the blades. Doubling the recipe will ensure everything can blend properly.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Creamy Jalapeño Dressing
- Immersion blender
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Cutting Board
- 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt, (1 serving size cup)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, or sub olive oil
- 1 packet ranch dip mix
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Grab a jar or glass measuring cup that is immersion blender friendly (see below if you don’t have an immersion blender). Juice limes, add yogurt, milk, and ranch seasoning packet to the glass.
- Slice and dice the jalapeño into small pieces so it’s easier for the blender to immerse the jalapeño throughout. Add them to the glass. Add fresh herbs, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until dressing is completely mixed and creamy. You may need to use a rubber spatula to push the sides of the dressing down to ensure everything is thoroughly blended.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find CREAMY JALAPEÑO SAUCE calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!