A four ingredient dressing made with condiments you likely already have in your fridge. This easy Hummus Salad Dressing is creamy, tangy, and a little spicy — perfect for greens, in pasta, on top of proteins and more!
About this Dressing
Is there anything that hummus can't do!? Say hello to my new favorite hummus creation, an Easy Hummus Salad Dressing that's perfect for salads, sandwiches, pasta, and more!
After watching a Tik Tok of someone combining pickle juice with a bunch of condiments I got the genius idea for this dressing. Plus, it's so simple to make and I always have the necessary ingredients on hand (and you may, too!).
Not to mention, pickles + hummus are a delicious, yet unexpected power combo. If you love pickles and you love hummus, give this a go. And even if you don't, try something new and you might just be surprised by how much you love it!
Looking for more homemade dressings? Try this Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette, this Creamy Jalapeño Sauce, or this Sweet Onion and Citrus Dressing that I think you'll love, too!
It's actually amazing just how simple this dressing is yet it tastes SO good! With only a few ingredients and a total make time of 5 minutes, there's no excuse to not give this a try.
- Hummus - I prefer a plain hummus or roasted red pepper variety, but use whatever you have available. This is a good ingredient to experiment with and see what flavor and/or brand you like best! Sabra is usually my go-to.
- Pickle Juice - This is where the real flavor is at and a key ingredient to this tasty dressing. Dill pickle juice is my preference.
- Sriracha - I love adding this for a kick of heat + it elevates the flavors of everything else too. Adjust the amount depending on your preferred level of heat.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
There's so many ways to enjoy this dressing and so many ways to make it your own! A few ideas:
- Add lemon juice + fresh dill or dill seasoning for a lemon dill hummus dressing. A very fresh flavor that'd be great year round or especially in spring and summer.
- Use roasted red pepper hummus and add red pepper flakes before shaking the dressing to create a bit more heat.
- Add more seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or cumin.
- Get fancy and add a swirl of truffle oil for some top notch flavor.
- For slight sweetness, add 2 teaspoons or so of coconut aminos. This may help balance out the pickle flavor for anyone looking to make a milder dressing.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Add all ingredients into a mason jar.
2. Screw the cap on tight and shake vigorously.
3. That's it! Enjoy!
Store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Shake before use as some separation may occur the longer it sits. I do not recommend freezing this dressing.
Some of my favorite ways to enjoy this hummus salad dressing is by pouring it over a simple bed of greens, drizzling it over grilled protein like chicken or salmon, tossing it with pasta, quinoa, or rice, or as a burger, sandwich, or wrap condiment.
Hummus on its own is THICK. The pickle juice is meant to thin it out and create more of a runny dressing consistency. If you'd like it thinner but without so much intense pickle flavor, you can also add a touch of water or a neutral oil.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Hummus Salad Dressing
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- ½ cup of hummus
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice, may need more if you like your dressing more liquidy
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar.
- Screw the cap on tight and shake it real good.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Easy Hummus Dressing calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Major thankies for the blog article. Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic. Elbertina Khalil Khorma
Courtney Paige says
YAY! Thanks for the review, Lea!!
Courtney Paige says
My sister and I made this for lunch today!! Perfect for kale salads.
Sydney Van Acker says
a little tangy from the pickle juice, a little spicy with the sriracha, and a whole lot of creamy. I've been loving this on salads and on sandwiches, too!
Courtney Paige says
what can't hummus or pickle juice do?! excellent flavor combination.