This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Is there anything that hummus can't do!? Say hello to my new favorite hummus creation, an Easy Hummus Dressing that's perfect for salads, sandwiches, pasta, and more! After watching a tik Tok of someone combining pickle juice with a bunch of condiments I got the genius idea for this dressing. It's simple yet full of flavor that will transform any dish!
Not to mention, pickles + hummus are a delicious yet unexpected power combo. If you love pickles and you love hummus, give this a go. And even if you don't, try something new and you might just be surprised by how much you love it!
Ingredients in Hummus Salad Dressing
It's actually amazing just how simple this dressing is yet it tastes SO good! With only 5 ingredients and a total make time of 10 minutes, there's no excuse to not give this a try.
Hummus - I prefer a plain hummus or roasted red pepper variety but use whatever you have available. This is a good ingredient to experiment with and see what flavor and brand you like best! Sabra is usually my go-to or whatever I can find on sale.
Dill Pickle Juice - This is where the real flavor is at and a key ingredient to this tasty dressing. It practically creates a dill pickle hummus only in sauce form!
Sriracha - I love adding this for a kick of heat + it elevates the flavors of everything else too. Adjust by taste and use less or more if you prefer
How to Make This Mason Jar Dressing
These are the most basic instructions I've ever created and that's another reason why I love this easy hummus dressing! Minimal work required and then you're set for tasty meals.
1. Add all ingredients into a mason jar (warning, it's not the prettiest and looks like the 'concoctions' my sisters and I used to make at restaurants with the leftovers of our food)
2. Screw the cap on tight and shake it real good
3. Store in the fridge and enjoy with your meals through the week.
4. That's it!
Make It Your Own
Some of my favorite ways to enjoy this hummus dressing is by pouring it over a bed of greens, drizzling it over my meals, tossing it with pasta, or even on a sandwich/wrap! And besides allll the ways to enjoy this dressing, there are also a bunch of ways to make it your own.
- Add lemon juice + fresh dill or dill seasoning for a lemon dill hummus dressing. A very fresh flavor that'd be great year round or especially in spring and summer.
- Use roasted red pepper hummus and add red pepper flakes before shaking the dressing to create a bit more heat with this.
- When adding the salt and pepper, also shake in some garlic powder or swap garlic salt for the regular salt. Garlic + pickles + hummus = real delicious!
- Get fancy and add a swirl of truffle oil for some top notch flavor.
- For slight sweetness, add 2 teaspoons or so of coconut aminos. This may help balance out the pickle flavor for anyone looking to make a milder dressing.
Other recipes to elevate your salad game
Easy Hummus Dressing
- High Speed Blender
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- ½ cup of hummus
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice, may need more if you like your dressing more liquidy
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar (warning, it's not the prettiest and looks like the 'concoctions' my sisters and I used to make at restaurants with the leftovers of our food)
- Screw the cap on tight and shake it real good
- Store in the fridge and enjoy with your meals through the week.
- That's it!
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find Easy Hummus Dressing
1 serving: 9 grams Carbs | 10 grams Fat | 4 grams Protein
NOTE: the nutrition label below is auto-generated and often does not include specific brands or types of ingredients. Example: fat free milk vs. whole milk, chicken breast vs. chicken thigh, etc.
**Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.