This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
These crisp yet soft Apple Peanut Butter Energy Bites will become your new favorite snack! Made with chewy oats, creamy peanut butter, diced Granny Smith apples, and healthy mix ins, these energy bites are delicious + good for you!
I realize that these are peanut butter energy bites are silly easy to make but I had to share since I love them so much! They make for a perfect snack, sweet treat after dinner, or pre/post workout fuel.
And if you’re looking for more tasty + healthy bites, check out these Peanut Butter Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites – I think you’ll love them too!
Ingredients for Apple Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Apple – I prefer the sweet/sour flavor of Granny Smith for these energy bites + I love the crisp texture.
Rolled Oats – Add a chewy texture + fiber to these oatmeal peanut butter energy bites. You could sub for quick oats if needed!
Powdered Peanut Butter – Using powdered PB2 with regular peanut butter creates a super thick and luscious texture. Plus it helps keep these a bit more macro friendly!
Flaxseed – A healthy fat that helps bind these energy bites together.
Chia seed – Another healthy fat packed with fiber to help keep you full and satiated!
Cinnamon – Elevates the flavor and pairs SO well with peanut butter + apple.
Peanut Butter – I love using creamy butter so that it blends evenly with the PB2 but you could use crunchy if you prefer. I’m a true fan of Jif brand peanut butter but feel free to use whichever brand you have!
How to Make Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Dice granny smith apple
Combine PB2 with creamy peanut butter. Stir until mixed thoroughly – if the PB2 is not blending well with the peanut butter, add a 1 tsp of water.
Add the remainder of the ingredients into the batter. Fold until combined.
Refrigerate for 10 minutes and form into 2” balls. Store in the fridge or freezer for 7 days.
Substitutions / Modifications for These Apple Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Time to get creative with what’s in your pantry and make these peanut butter energy bites into a flavor of your own!
- Instead of a Granny Smith green apple you can use any type of apple you’d like! You could also try subbing it for another fruit like dried strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
- If you don’t have PB2 try subbing it for 7 tbsp of peanut butter. You could also sub it with 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder plus the remaining tablespoons as peanut butter.
- The flaxseed and chia seed can be swapped for hemp seeds which are still full of healthy fats and fiber. You could also leave these out entirely and just sub for more oats.
- While the peanut butter flavor pairs very well with apple, feel free to sub with any nut/seed butter! I think almond or cashew would be the best swaps!
- Add mix ins like chocolate chips, sunflower/pumpkin seeds, raisins, or chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.
- Instead of making these into energy bites, you could always press them into a pan to make apple peanut butter energy bars.
Apple Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 cup green apple, chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 7 tablespoons powdered PB2
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- Optional: 1 tsp water if needed for consistency
- Dice granny smith apple
- Combine PB2 with creamy peanut butter. Stir until mixed thoroughly -if the pb2 is not blending well with the peanut butter, add a 1 tsp of water.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients into the batter. Fold until combined.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and form into 2” balls. Store in the fridge or freezer for 7 days.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!