Five ingredients and just 15 minutes and you’ve got delicious Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats that’ll send you over the rainbow. A combination of cereals and melted marshmallows create sweet and crunchy bars perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.
Table of Contents
About these Rice Krispies
These Rice Krispie treats with Lucky Charms are magically delicious - even more so than the cereal itself.
They’re a combination of chewy, sticky, sweet, and crunchy. When you sink your teeth into these rice krispies your taste buds will fly over the rainbow.
These Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect thing to make for St. Patty’s Day. They’re simple, quick and just 5 ingredients, there’s no excuse not to make them!
And if you’re looking for more cereal treats, also check out these Lucky Charm Sugar Cookies, these No Bake Avalanche Cookies, this Funfetti Puppy Chow, or these Raspberry Rice Krispie Treats that I’m sure you’ll love, too!
- Rice Krispies: The base of these cereal bars providing the perfect crisp texture.
- Lucky Charms: We will use the cereal AND extra marshmallows. They sell bags of just the Lucky Charms Marshmallows if you don't want to pick through the box (arguably the best part, so the extras won't go to waste).
- Marshmallows: I prefer mini marshmallows because they soften and melt better.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
A few ways you can switch up these treats:
- Cereal: I used both Lucky Charms and Rice Krispies because I like multiple textures. Feel free to use only Lucky Charms or try replacing the Rice Krispies with another cereal like Cheerios, Captain Crunch, or Chex.
- Marshmallows: Try rainbow marshmallows for an extra colorful treat.
- Butter: Salted, unsalted, or vegan butter all work. You can also sub coconut oil.
- Extras: Add vanilla to the melted butter for extra flavor! Also try dipping the bottom of the cooled bars in melted white chocolate to make them more like the store bought Lucky Charm Bars.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Heat a large pot on medium-low heat. Once warm, add the butter and let it melt. Stir continuously so it does not burn.
2. Once butter has melted, add the marshmallows.
3. Continue stirring until the marshmallows are 75% melted. Turn off the stove and remove the pan from heat.
4. Pour in Rice Krispies 3 cups Lucky Charms, the Lucky Charms cereal from the separated portion, and salt.
5. Stir cereal and marshmallow mixture together. Do not over stir or marshmallows will become overly stiff.
6. Spray a 9x13 pan generously with cooking spray and pour the cereal mixture into the pan. Spread evenly. Then press the Lucky Charm marshmallows on top. Let the treats chill for 30 minutes. Then, cut and enjoy!
Do not press the cereal mixture hard into the pan. This'll create much too dense of a texture. You want the marshmallow and cereal mixture to create a web so they're not too hard when you eat them.
Don’t let the butter/marshmallow mixture harden. You’ll want to work quickly so the melted marshmallows can coat the cereal. If you wait too long the cereal and marshmallows will not combine.
To make these extra festive for St. Patty’s Day, add clover sprinkles to the top, too!
I prefer to store Rice Krispie Treats in the refrigerator, but the counter is also fine. They keep for up to 3 days. Just note that the longer they sit, the less crisp they will hold. Make the day of serving for optimal freshness. These freeze well too!
These are Rice Krispies Treats with Lucky Charms cereal instead of just the Rice Krispies alone. We all love the tiny colored marshmallows in Lucky Charms, so we’re adding those on top, too.
Spraying a pizza cutter or large knife works great for cutting Rice Krispie treats. Be sure the bars are completely cooled and set before attempting to cut them.
This recipe has not been tested with off brand Lucky Charms or Rice Krispies, so I cannot tell you if they'll turn out. Just know that might change the texture or flavor!
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats
- Sauce pot
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups
- 9x13 pan
- parchment paper or cooking spray
- 1 stick butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows, 10 oz
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups Lucky Charms
- ¾ cup Lucky Charms, marshmallows and cereal separated
- pinch salt
- Start by measuring ¾ cup of Lucky Charms and separating the marshmallows and cereal so it’s ready to pour in when needed.
- Heat a large pot on medium-low heat. Once warm, add the butter and let it melt. Stir continuously so it does not burn.
- Once butter has melted, add the marshmallows and continue stirring until they are 75% melted. Turn off the stove and remove the pan from heat.
- Pour in Rice Krispies 3 cups Lucky Charms, the Lucky Charms cereal from the separated portion, and salt. Stir together. Do not over stir or marshmallows will become overly stiff.
- Spray a 9x13 pan generously with cooking spray or line with parchment and pour the cereal mixture into the pan. Spread evenly.
- Then press the Lucky Charm Marshmallows on top of the Rice Krispies.
- Let the krispies chill for 30 minutes. Then, cut and enjoy!
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find LUCKY CHARM RICE KRISPIE TREATS calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!