These crisp, crunchy, and colorful Rainbow Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps make the most perfect lunch. They're full of delicious fruits, veggies, and flavor, and are great for meal prep! Plus, they take just 10 minutes to make!
About this Chicken Salad
I used to be SO skeptical of chicken salad, but now look at me making every version under the sun! 😂 It's so easy to mix and match different ingredients and flavors for a delicious and meal preppable lunch. Plus, it really helps you clean out the fridge, am I right?
These Rainbow Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps are packed with delicious crunch and flavor. Filled with fresh fruits and veggies like apples, celery, bell peppers, and onion, there's something tasty in each and every bite!
I also love that you truly are eating the rainbow in this recipe. All of these colors indicate you're getting in a lot of healthy nutrients, which is so important for a balanced lifestyle.
And if you love chicken salad, also check out this Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad, Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad, or this Healthy Pesto Chicken Salad Wrap that I think you'll enjoy, too!
- Greek Yogurt: I used a 5.3oz container of plain Greek yogurt. This makes our dressing super creamy and packs in extra protein!
- Coleslaw Dressing: Fresh chicken and coleslaw tastes absolutely delicious. A coleslaw dressing is a close second! I used Kraft Brands Coleslaw.
- Chicken: You could cook your own chicken, use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. Do what works best for you.
- Veggies: I used red onion, celery, bell pepper, and cucumber to incorporate plenty of textures and color.
- Apple: I love adding diced apple to my chicken salad for a little sweetness. Grapes would be tasty, too.
- Romaine Lettuce: Wash and dry and then scoop your chicken salad inside to complete this recipe.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make This Recipe
1. Start off by preparing your ingredients. I cooked chicken breast I already had on hand, but you could also use an already cooked rotisserie chicken. See the notes below for some tips on preparing chicken if needed. Also finely dice all of the fruits and vegetables. I used a mandolin chopper and it was so quick and efficient.
2. In a mixing bowl, add Greek yogurt, coleslaw dressing, lemon juice, sriracha, and salt + pepper. Whisk it all together. Then, add chicken to the bowl.
3. Add diced fruits and veggies to the Greek yogurt mixture.
4. Stir until everything is well coated in the dressing. Wash and dry your romaine lettuce leaves. Then, add chicken salad mixture to the center to create lettuce wraps. Enjoy!
I recommend storing the chicken salad and lettuce separately. Storing them together would make the lettuce soggy. The chicken salad will have some excess moisture in it after storage because of the high water volume of the vegetables. Strain it prior to serving or use a slotted spoon to avoid excess water.
I love getting a little bit of each ingredient in EVERY bite. I use a vegetable mandolin to ensure that the veggies are all the same size. It makes the chicken salad super tasty!
I love the subtle sweetness coleslaw dressing adds to this dish. Personally, I think that chicken salad can be very dull if not seasoned properly. I would recommend adding some mayo with sugar/stevia to the mixture if you are not using coleslaw dressing. Poppyseed dressing would also be a lovely addition or substition.
I suggest you check out my Ninja Foodi Grilled Chicken blog post for some tips on preparing the best grilled chicken. You can also use rotisserie, canned, or pre-shredded chicken for convenience. I love the pre-shredded chicken from Costco or Target.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & if you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment further down. Thanks for visiting!
Rainbow Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- mandolin (optional to replace cutting board and knife)
- 5.3 oz container of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coleslaw dressing
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt + pepper
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup diced apple
- ½ cup red pepper
- ½ cup orange pepper
- ½ cup cucumber
- 4 pieces romaine lettuce
- Start off by preparing your ingredients. I cooked chicken breast I already had on hand, but you could also use an already cooked rotisserie chicken. See the notes below for some tips on preparing chicken if needed.
- In a mixing bowl, add Greek yogurt, coleslaw dressing, lemon juice, sriracha, and salt + pepper. Whisk it all together.
- Next, finely dice all of the fruits and vegetables. I used a mandolin chopper and it was so quick and efficient. I loved how everything came out the same size.
- Add diced fruits and veggies to the Greek yogurt mixture. Then, stir in the shredded chicken.
- Wash and dry your romaine lettuce leaves. Then, add chicken salad mixture to the center to create lettuce wraps.
- Top with salt and pepper and serve. You can also serve on fresh rolls or with crackers.
Looking for this in MyFitnessPal?
If you're using MyFitnessPal, search 'A Paige Of Positivity' and find RAINBOW CHICKEN SALAD LETTUCE WRAPS calories and nutrition facts. Disclaimer: for most accurate macronutrients and caloric breakdown, it is recommended that you input each ingredient into your MyFitnessPal food diary.
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It’s my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved or just say hi!
Jaclyn Leach says
So this chicken salad is to DIE for!! It’s such a fun fresh recipe and the “hardest part” is all of the chopping but it’s quick and easy! I ate it for lunches all week with crackers, as a lettuce wrap, on pita, with cucumbers, with a tortilla, the options are truly endless!
Something I love about all of Courtney’s recipes is that you can literally add in or take out anything to customize to your taste and it’s always still SO good. I also love that she adds in things like how long it can stay in the fridge or defrosting instructions or substitutions and she answers DMs on Instagram so timely if you ever have any questions!
Courtney Paige says
This is such a lovely review, thank you Jaclyn!!! I'm so happy you enjoyed 🙂
Miriam S says
I love this recipe it feels healthier than normal chicken salad and looks so fun! Great for lunches
Delicious & so easy! Not a huge celery fan- so I subbed out celery for extra apple and the crunch was perfect. Have made this multiple times!!
Sydney Van Acker says
I always like to have some sort of protein meal prepped for the week and this is so much more interesting and tasty as compared to plain baked chicken or hard boiled eggs. Will make again!
Courtney Paige says
We love having this chicken salad made and in the fridge. The vegetable chopper makes everything uniformly chopped and extra tasty.
Tammie Krugh says
I discovered this recipe on Wednesday and have made it twice already!!! I looked in MFP and it says a serving is 2 boats. When made as writtten, how large is a serving in grams? I didn’t waste time putting it in lettuce boats because I was too busy shoving it in my face as fast as I could…it’s that good 👍🏻
Sydney Van Acker says
Hey Tammie! So glad you loved it! This wasn't weighed in grams when the recipe was developed, unfortunately. One serving in MFP is half of the entire recipe. If you make it again, I suggest weighing the entire thing, then dividing by two to get the grams in one serving. Hope this helps!