Cinco De Mayo is just around the corner and I’ve got a handful of recipes perfect for the occasion. Cinco De Mayo is definitely up there as one of my favorite food holidays because Mexican Cuisine is hard not to love. From enchiladas, to guac, to salsa, tacos, dips, salads, and margs, I’ve got something here for you. If you’re wanting festive foods for Cinco De Mayo (or just delicious homemade Mexican food for anytime of year) you’ve come to the right place to make it a tasty fiesta.
What is Cinco De Mayo?
No, Cinco De Mayo is not Mexico’s independence day. Cinco De Mayo is actually the mark of the Mexico’s victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla on March 5, 1862 in the Franco-Mexican war. Outside of Puebla, where the battle took place, Cinco De Mayo is a relatively minor holiday throughout Mexico. But in the United States where the holiday is quite popular and has developed into a celebration of Mexican heritage, culture, and cuisine. I know for sure that I am ALL for the celebration especially when it comes to the food. Read on for all the delicious Mexican recipes to enjoy for Cinco De Mayo and let me know in the comments which one you’re making!
This is a condensed recipe round up of easy and delicious Cinco De Mayo recipes. Click on 'check out this recipe' for the full details on these Mexican recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links; please read my disclosure policy.
Cinco De Mayo Appetizers
- Spicy Mexican Street Corn Feta Dip - This dip is addicting! Truly a crowd favorite.
- Homemade Guacamole - Guac is extra, I know. Extra delicious that is.
- Fresh Mango Salsa - Fresh and zesty. Enjoy as dip on chips or even on top of your tacos!
- Ultimate Nachos - What's not to love about a Tex-Mex app of tortilla chips with ALL of the toppings.
- Peach Jalapeño Salsa - A little sweet, a little spicy, a whole lot of tasty.
- Avocado Shrimp Ceviche - Serve with chips as an app or on tortillas for a main.
Mexican Sides & Toppings
- Pico De Gallo - Perfect taco, enchilada, burrito, or salad topper.
- Quick Pickled Red Onions - These pickled onions add just the right amount of tang to your Mexican main.
- Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice - My go-to side dish for taco night. I like to add some beans too, for that classic beans and rice pairing.
- Street Corn Mexican Brussel Sprouts - Add some veggies to taco night with tons of flavor.
- Creamy Jalapeño Sauce - Great on tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or taco salad.
Main Dishes to Celebrate Cinco De Mayo
- Skinny Turkey Enchiladas - Rolled up and into the oven for 25 minutes. It's a tasty crowd favorite and macro friendly too!
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos - Take the work out of dinner with this set it and forget it crockpot meal ready to be loaded with all of your favorite toppings.
- Jalapeño Ranch Taco Salad - A great flavor combo of hot & spicy peppers paired with fresh vegetables and creamy cool ranch.
- Cheesy Mexican Skillet - A one pan meal, customizable to your liking!
- Taco Salad Bowl - All your favorite taco ingredients piled high, bowl style.
- Fiesta Chicken Tortilla Soup - A party in your mouth with warm tomatoes, juicy chicken, melty cheddar cheese, and crunchy tortilla chips.
- Fajita Burger Wrap - Everything you love about fajitas in burger form and also everything you love about a burger wrapped up in a tortilla.
- Mexican Caesar Salad - Caesar salad is FAR from boring with this recipe.
- Carne Asada Street Tacos - Combines juicy steak and fresh vegetables into a delicious meal.
- Healthy 7 Layer Salad - All of your favorite taco ingredients piled high into much more than 7 layers.
It's not a fiesta without a Margarita
See below for all the details on these fiesta worthy Cinco De Mayo Recipes!
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. It's my passion to create dishes that can be shared with others. Tell me something you loved, something that you think it might need, or just say hi!
Please, please leave a review on the individual recipe if you choose to make it. Every 5-star review allows me to provide free recipes to y'all. Thank you SO much!!